Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The CoreMage Legion

Prologue

by quilla04 2 reviews

Set after GoF. Harry gets back to Hogwarts with Cedric's body, and quickly passes out in Hermione's arms as he succumbs to the aftereffects of a lot of Cruciatus Curses. Let's see what happens... A...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-06-27 - Updated: 2010-06-28 - 562 words

5Original
Prologue

Harry Potter slammed into the ground beside Cedric Diggory’s dead body and the Triwizard Cup bounced away from them. Shouts and screams split the night as Dumbledore ran to Harry’s side. Rolling him over, he called, “Harry! Harry!”

Harry groaned, opening his eyes and staring up at Dumbledore. “Professor… He’s back… Vol… Voldemort is back…”

Dumbledore stared down at Harry as there was a cry of “HARRY!” Hermione Granger dropped to her knees on the ground beside her best friend.

Harry rolled his head to the side so he could see her, “…mione…”

Hermione bent close to him, tears in her eyes, “Harry, what’s up?” Harry tried to speak again, but coughed violently.

Dumbledore drew his wand and muttered something. He frowned, “He’s suffering from massive exposure to the Cruciatus Curse… POPPY!!!” he roared this last towards the medical tent.

Hermione leaned closer to Harry and took his hand, “Harry? What are you trying to say?”

Harry’s response was so quiet she could barely hear it above the crowds around. She bent even closer. Harry tried again, “…mione… I lo… love you…” Then his grip on her hand slackened and he went limp. His eyes rolled up into his head as he passed out. Hermione stared at her friend of four years for a moment, before bursting into tears and sobbing like a broken-hearted child. Finally she knew that her affections for her first and best friend were reciprocated, and now he could be dying.

She suddenly felt someone remove Harry’s hand from hers and pull her up. Through her tears, she discerned Ron Weasley. “Hey, ‘Mione; just forget about him, ok? He probably killed Cedric to win the Tournament so he could get even more glory, and by the look of it, he got what he deserved.”

That was the last straw for the already strained girl, she tore her arm away from Ron’s grip and hit him so hard in the jaw that he fell over, “HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT???” she screamed at him, “HOW??? HARRY WOULDN’T DO A THING LIKE THAT, AND YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT HARRY DOESN’T EVEN WANT THE GLORY, FAME AND MONEY HE HAS!!! NOW HE COULD DIE FROM WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT MAZE, AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED??? ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT???” She turned away back to Harry’s side and took his hand again, not even noticing Ron storming off. Suddenly she felt two more people put their hands on her shoulders.

She twisted and stood, her hand moving to her wand, before she realized that it was Fleur and Gabrielle Delacour. “Eet eez ‘Ermione, eezn’t eet?” asked Fleur. Hermione nodded, not trusting herself to speak. Fleur regarded her with sympathy, “’E will pull zrough, ‘Ermione, ‘ave ‘ope.” Hermione’s lip quivered again, then she broke down entirely and started sobbing into Fleur’s shoulder. The quarter Veela looked momentarily taken aback, then slowly slipped her arms around Hermione and comforted her as the brunette wept into her shoulder. Gabrielle caught her sister’s eye, nodded once, and then slowly hugged Hermione as well. Madame Pomfrey levitated Harry onto a stretcher and started taking him up to the castle. Hermione broke away from Fleur and Gabrielle and followed, still crying.
Sign up to rate and review this story