Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > The Lair

06

by Nekocin 0 reviews

Nothing lasts forever.

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Kai, Ray - Published: 2006-04-28 - Updated: 2006-04-28 - 396 words

0Unrated
Title: Sakura

Pairing: Kai+Rei
Theme: #26 Endless love
Rating/Warnings: G, AU-ish, OOC
Disclaimer: Beyblade doesn't belong to me.

Nothing lasts forever.

----

"I'll love you forever,"

Anyone who believes this is an idiot.

The thought of it makes you want to kick whoever came up with such a cheesy pick up line.
Nothing lasts forever. Just like a cherry blossom tree which is known for its sacred short-lived petals, wouldn't. No longer blooming atop the branches.
Or like growing old as time passes by. No longer would one be as handsome has one had been twenty years ago.

That's the way of life.

So when you hear others proclaim their endless love to their lovers, you would give them a look of disdain or disgust. They were all naive. After a few months or so they had probably caught another beauty, saying the same thing all over again without looking back to their shattered exes they had once adored.

So when Rei whispered the same thing into your ears, you would scowl and glare at him. A sense of dread wormed its way into your chest after he confessed with -that- same line you've heard many, many times before and he started placing pleading light kisses on your fingertips.

It meant that the spark within would soon die away. Like those cherry blossoms losing their hold on their respective branches, getting swept away by the wind to create beautiful fallen petals before withering away as admirers stepped on them.

He didn't really question why you never say those words to him, even when you were alone together. He didn't mind. He wouldn't understand.

Poor naive little Rei.

Though it's noticeable that never hearing them coming from your lips pained him. So when the pain becomes apparent in those lovely eyes you opt to soothe him with some mind-numbing kisses or erotic foreplays, just to show how much you enjoy being with him.

It's best to take the present time into both your hands. Because some day, maybe not now, not next week, or next month, but some day you and Rei will only see each other in photos while reminiscing the precious time you had once spent together.

Some day the love will fade away from both your lives.

END

----

TheNekoTalks:

Kai strikes me as a pessimistic person. 'nough said.

Thank you for reading this!

.:Nekocin:.

Sign up to rate and review this story