Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreaming With A Broken Heart

Chapter 7

by savedbymcr15 1 review

Gerard and Mikey have a small argument in the hospital, but it ends with a moment. Fast forward, and they're packing up Gerard's things.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-07-07 - Updated: 2010-07-07 - 556 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard fidgeted around uncomfortably. He wasn't sure what to do with himself at this point. He had thought that he had figured everything out; figured out his happy ending. Looks like you fooled yourself again he thought.

"Maybe I'm just not meant for a happy ending." Gerard said softly to himself.

"That's not true!" Mikey exclaimed.

"How do you hear so well?" Gerard asked, attempting to cover up his previous statement.
Mikey narrowed his eyes at Gerard. Why does he keep trying to hide himself from me? Can't he trust me? Or am I just not good enough for him anymore? Mikey wondered. He quickly turned away from his brother, anger suddenly swelling up inside of him. I used to be enough for him, he used to trust me with everything. What happened? Why am I not good enough for him anymore? Mikey glared at the door, waiting for a doctor to come in. Gerard noticed Mikey's sudden change of mood, and decided to confront him.

"Mikey, what's going on?"

"As if you don't know." Mikey snarled.

"I really don't..." Gerard replied.

"Why are you hiding yourself from me? Can't you trust me anymore? Why aren't I good enough for you anymore?" Mikey asked, each question sounding more emotionally painful than the last.

"What are you talking about, Mikey?"

"I used to be everything to you, everything that you'd ever needed. What happened, Gee? How come I'm not good enough anymore?"

"Mikey, I don't know what you're talking about! I'm not hiding myself from you! I trust you more that anyone else in the world! You still are everything I've ever needed. You're more that that!" Gerard exclaimed.

"You're still hiding from me, Gerard! Why?!" Mikey asked.

"Because I'm ashamed, Mikey!" Gerard screamed.

"Ashamed of me?"

"No, Mikey! I'm ashamed of myself!" Gerard yelled.

"Why?"

"Why does it matter?" Gerard asked, his voice softer.

"Because I want to help."

"You can't."

"But why?"

"Because, Mikey. I'm ashamed of myself because even though I taught my little brother everything, I've still managed to become a complete and utter failure!" Gerard cried.

"Gee, you're not a failure. You're in a successful band, and you're writing a comic. Gee, you're going to get your happy ending, you just wait and see." Mikey said.

"I think my happy ending started a while ago..." Gerard trailed off.

"What do you mean?"

"I think it started when you were born, because you've always made me happy." Gerard said, blushing slightly.

"You're too sweet for your own good, you know." Mikey said with a small smile.

"You're one to talk."
***
Mikey and Gerard were just packing up the last of Gerard's things, and Gerard seemed upset. Mikey put a hand on Gerard's shoulder.

"Is something bothering you, other than this occasion?" Mikey asked.

"You're sure that it's okay that I move in?" Gerard asked, still feeling uncertain.

"Is there a reason that it shouldn't be?"

"Well, you already spend so much time with me on tour, and you have a wife not. Are you sure that you want me to move in with you?"

"Of course I'm sure. I lived with you for 18 years before, I can do it again." Mikey smiled. He squeezed Gerard's shoulder reassuringly. "I'ts fine. It's all going to be okay."

Of course, not everything is as it seems...
Sign up to rate and review this story