Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreaming With A Broken Heart

Chapter 12

by savedbymcr15 0 reviews

Mikey fights with his grandfather. His rage gets out of control, and he does the unthinkable.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-07-09 - Updated: 2010-07-09 - 588 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mikey stared up in horror at his grandfather. He smirked down at Gerard and let out a small laugh. Mikey wasn't sure as to why his grandfather was laughing. He followed his grandfather's gaze and let out a scream. There was blood rapidly seeping out of Gerard's shirt, covering the right side. Mikey looked down at his own clothes and saw blood on them, too. Gerard's blood. He looked back up at his grandfather.

"What have you done?!" Mikey cried.

"I was teaching him a lesson. He still can't fight me off, he had no right to do what he did to me, and he still can't protect you." His grandfather smirked.

"Wipe that fucking smirk off of your face, or I'll do it for you!" Mikey screamed. No one was allowed to hurt Gerard...Especially not like this."I see you're just like him. I guess I'll have to teach you a lesson, too."

"Listen, you sick bastard! He had every right to do what he did. It was you who had no right! And Gerard can protect me better than anyone else could!"

"Watch your tone with me, Michael. Make one wrong move, and you'll regret it."

"If you make one more move, you'll regret it." Mikey countered. His grandfather snickered. "What's so funny?"

"While you're standing here, trying to play the hero, your brother is still losing blood, on his way to dying. You're going to lose either way." His grandfather said, that same sadistic glint never leaving his eyes. He walked over to Gerard. "What's life like bleeding on the floor?" He mocked, kicking at Gerard's side.

Mikey ran and tackled his grandfather away from Gerard. He took the switchblade out of his grandfather's grip. The door was busted open by the police. A neighbour must have called...Mikey thought.

"Don't make me use this, you son of a bitch!" Mikey yelled at his grandfather.

"No matter what you do to me, it won't save your brother. I've done enough to him." As those words left his grandfather's mouth, all common sense seemed to have escaped Mikey. He brought the switchblade down, stabbing his grandfather.

"Don't you say that!" He cried.

"It won't save your brother." His grandfather gasped. The police pulled Mikey off of him.

"Get these kids to a hospital...As for this one," The police offer said, gesturing to Mikey and Gerard's grandfather, "Get him to a morgue."

"No...He's not dead, is he?!" Mikey asked.

"I'm afraid so, sir." The police officer said.

"I...I killed a man." Mikey stuttered. He began to cry.

"Don't worry, son. You're not in trouble for this."

"What do you mean?!"

"We know what he's done."

"How?" Mikey asked. The police officer showed Mikey his phone, revealing that his mother had called them. "How did she-" Mikey got cut off.

"You must have pocket-dialled her number...Let's get you to a hospital." The police officer said, putting a hand on Mikey's shoulder.
***
Mikey sat in the waiting room. He was terrified. He pulled out his phone and called Ray.

"Hello?"

"Ray..." Mikey breathed.

"Mikey? We haven't spoken in a long time! What's going on?"

"Can you get Frank and come to the hospital?" Mikey asked, his voice shaking.

"Absolutely. What's happening, Mikes?"

"I'll tell you both when you get here."

"Sure thing." Ray said.

Mikey hung up and put his head in his hands. Today was the day that had changed his life forever. Today was the day that he had killed a man.
Sign up to rate and review this story