Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > I Miss You Jared Leto

Roses

by jlyEchelonMCRmy 2 reviews

Melody's reaction to her Uncle's story.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-07-09 - Updated: 2010-07-09 - 447 words - Complete

2Moving
As I came to the end of my story, I felt my eyes burn with the threat of tears. I could tell that Melody was trying to be brave, act like she wasn't upset, but it was clear she was.
'Come here, angel,' I said and pulled her towards me, holding her tight while she cried into my chest. 'I'm sorry.' I didn't know what to do or how best to comfort her.
'It's fine,' she sobbed, 'I just had to know.'
'I know.' I hadn't really thought of that moment holding my dying brother ever since it had happened. I was cradling Melody the same way I had cradled Jared as I told him he was leaving his daughter.
Once Melody had calmed down, I settled her into bed and said good night. Her sapphire eyes gleamed with tears in the pale moonlight that escaped through the gap in her curtains. As she closed her eyes and rolled over in bed, I closed the door.

The next day was a Saturday. Without asking permission or telling me where she was going, Melody left the house. She had never done that before; she had always made sure I knew where she was and that she was safe, so, naturally, I panicked. I tried to think logically about where she could be. I phoned round some of her friends but they didn't know where she was. I checked out all her favourite haunts, but all in vain. Then I had an idea. I took my car home and walked up to the cemetery where Jared and Lizzi had been buried. As I expected Melody was stood by their graves. On each one lay a single red rose.
I used to tell Melody stories about when her parents first started dating. Every time they met, Jared bought Lizzi a single red rose. By the time they got engaged she had a full bouquet which she carried down the aisle with her on their wedding day.
Melody had clearly been as touched by this story as I had. I walked over to Melody and put my arm around her shoulder, she glanced up at me and then turned back to the grave stones. They read: 'Elizabeth 'Lizzi' Leto, much loved daughter, wife and mother' and 'Jared Joseph Leto, reunited with his wife and love of his life but will be much missed by all who knew him'. As her eyes scanned over the golden words embellished on the black granite head stones one single tears fell from her left eye.
I tightened my grip on her shoulder in a comforting manner and led her home.
Sign up to rate and review this story