Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ...I Promise

Two

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-07-15 - Updated: 2010-07-15 - 1033 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Jacob's POV

I continued smiling to myself. I finally wouldn't have to deal with Leah anymore. I sat down in the same chair that she had been sitting in earlier. Almost as soon as I did a girl that I didn't recognize walked through the front doors. She looked terrified and lost. I figured she was new. If only Nikki was still here, they would have been best friends. I could tell just by looking at her.

She had the same pale complexion, about the same length of hair, except Nikki's was a dark brown, and the new girl's hair was black with shades of purple in it. She caught my gaze and smiled. I stood up and walked over to her. She looked away from me, either embarrassed or scared about what I was going to do to her.

When she didn't say anything I smiled, “Hey, I'm Jacob. Are you new?”

She looked up at me and I could see a small smile building. She nodded, “Yea... Umm,” She paused and looked around, “Where is the office.”

I laughed, “It's right there.” I pointed.

She nodded, “Thanks.” Without saying anything else she walked toward the office. I stood there for a few seconds wondering if I should follow her or not. I wanted to at least know what her name was.

I was just about to walk into the office, when she walked back out. She was holding a small piece of paper. She sighed and looked down the main hallway before looking at me. She smiled again and walked to where I was standing, “Umm, Do you know where this is?” She asked pointing to her first class.

I smiled and nodded, “Yea, that's my first class, too. I could show you if you want.”

She nodded and walked to the area where I had been earlier. She sat down in one of the chairs and I sat down beside her. She smiled at me again, “You said you were Jacob?”

I nodded, “That's my name. You can call me Jay, if you want. Almost everyone else does.”

She nodded, “That was my best friends name in Portland.” She paused, “That's where I moved from, just so you know.”

I nodded, “I've been there a few times. I have family there.” I paused, “You never told me your name.”

She smiled. I could see her cheeks reddening slightly, “Oh, sorry. I'm not used to being new...”

I nodded, “It's okay. Me either.”

She looked at me for a second, “Are you new too, or something?”

I shook my head, “I moved here a while ago.”

She nodded, “Anyway, my name...” she sighed, “My first name is Karrie, but I don't like it very much. Most of my friends back in Portland called me either by my middle name or one of my many nicknames.” She smiled, probably at the memory.

I nodded, “And your middle name would be?”

She nodded, “Quinn.” She laughed, “A lot of people would call my Quinny.”

I smiled, “Quinn? I've never heard that as a girl's name before.” I paused, “But it's a really cool name.”

She nodded, “It's my dad's name.” She sighed, “My mom's name is Karrie, and my dad was Quinn.” She looked down at the floor and took a deep breath, “The reason I moved here is because my parents died in car accident.” She looked back up at me, and she had tears in her brimming her green eyes, “My aunt Claire took me in. She lives all the way across town.”

I nodded, “That's a sad story...”

She nodded, “I don't normally talk about it.”

I sighed, “My parents are divorced. I live with my mom.” I paused, “We moved here from San Francisco California.”

She nodded but didn't say anything. As the silence grew longer, I couldn't help but stare at her. It was amazing how much she resembled Nikki... After a few minutes, she caught me staring at her.

She blushed, “You know, it's not nice to stare.”

I nodded, a little flustered, “I know, it's just that... You remind me of someone.”

She nodded, “Someone nice?”

I nodded, “Oh, yes. She was wonderful...”

She smiled, “That's good. What was she like?”

I took a deep breath, “Well, her name was Nikki. She went to school here... She was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.” I chuckled, “I had no doubts that we would possibly spend the rest of our lives together...”

She nodded, “And then she either moved or found someone else, right?”

I shook my head, “I wish it was like that...” I sighed, “She died...” I heard Quinn gasp, but I continued, “Me and her were running away because her father thought that I got her pregnant, when I didn't...” I paused, “We were at a rest stop, when her dad was driving too fast and hit her. She died from the loss of blood in the operating room.”

She shook her head, “That's horrible...”

I nodded, “I know...”

She sighed, “My girlfriend,” she paused to look at me before continuing, “died too... I didn't realize how depressed she really was, or how caught up in drugs and alcohol...” She took a deep breath, “One day, she just didn't show up for school. I called her house later and her mom answered. She said that she had over dosed on something and that she was in the hospital.” She shook her head, “She said that she didn't think she was going to make it.”

“And she didn't?” I asked.

She shook her head, “No... They couldn't get her heart to start beating again...” She laughed and regained herself, “When it first happened I couldn't believe it. I kept thinking that she was still alive, just being held hostage or something.” She shook her head, “And then a year passed, and that fantasy faded. I moved on as much as I could.” She sighed, “I still think about her, but I remember all the good things and good times we shared, not the end.”

I nodded, “I hope that eventually I'll get to that place.”

She smiled, “I know you will.”
Sign up to rate and review this story