Categories > Original > Drama > Una Mexicana

Just More

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

"Fuck me." He said. "God dammit!" He grabbed his hair and yelled.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-07-17 - Updated: 2010-07-18 - 1296 words - Complete

0Unrated
I knocked on the door. It was late so it took my dad a while till he actually asnwered the door. "What are doing here, Adalita?"
"Just came here to give a heads up to Armando." I said.
"He won't be here for another half hour or so."
"Where is he?" I asked.
"Out getting some baby stuff with Angelica. A way to think ahead."
"So, you know?" I smiled and he nodded. "Yeah, well turns out it's not his." I frowned this time.
"What?" He got mad. I nodded. "Come in."

My dad turned on the light and I sat down. "How do you know this?" I felt bad for just blabbing my mouth to my dad, but he has a right to know.
"I went to visit Limon earlier today. He told me. He had sex with Angelica before she left for Armando. And he wasn't lying. He doesn't want Angelica no more. He just wants his kid. His baby. That's all he wants." I said.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes. We were totally alone. Just us two talking about this issue. No money, no anything. He told me to tell Armando he could keep Angelica for all he cares, he just wants the baby."
"What else?" My dad knew I was not telling him something.
"He said if Angelica doesn't give him his baby, some serious shit will be going down. He didn't say what, but I can just imagin him killing after the baby is born. Or something worse. Taking this on Jepordy and getting a DNA test." We were both quiet for a while.
"This doesn't make sense. Why would she do this to Armando?"
"She wants a clean, good baby-daddy. Someone who will actually pay for everything if she asks. While she's out fucking around, he'll be here with the baby." I gave my dad my theory.
"You actually think that? That Angelica would just...do that?"
"Yes. She has been raised around homies and whores who use the good guys to get what they want." I said. After I said that we heard the door unlock.
"Dad! We're home! Come check out the stuff we got for the baby! It's really cool!" Armando shouted.
"Armando!" I smiled and hugged him.
"Hey, Ada. What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I need to talk to you. In private." I said.
"Okay, we could go to my room. I'll be back." He put down the shopping bags and I followed him to his room. "So, what do you want to talk to me about?" He sat down on his bed.
"Angelica."
"What about her?" He asked. I know you're gonna hate me, Armando.
"She lied to you." His smiled went away. "The baby isn't yours. It's Limon's."
"How do you know?" He asked.
"I went to see Limon, and..."
"Limon could be lying just to get me to let her go and so he could take her back and beat her!" He yelled.
"Is that what she told you? What lies! He never laid a hand on her! If you didn't know Limon and I grew up together. With no dad, who was there to beat him? He learned to respect women. With only a mother, she taught him to be a great man. His mom was grateful, smart, pretty, she taught him well, taught him right. I don't know the shit she's been feeding you, but I know it's not true. Non of it. I can prove it." I said.
"You're full of shit!" He got up, and then I did.
"Who would you rather believe? Your girlfriend or your older sister who has never lied to you and has saved your ass countless times!?"
"Angelica would never lie to me." He said. I couldn't believe this.
"What? You would replace me for that whore!?"
"You're right for once in your life." He said. I didn't say just walked out of the room. Before I left the house I stopped in front of Angelica.
"Watch your back." I warned her.
"Where are you going, Ada? Stay." My dad said.
"I would love to, but it seems I'm not wanted. I'll call you tomorrow. Just talk to your son and set his ass straight." Then I left. Where was I going to go? Que voy aser? I think I'll just go home.
On another train to my house in Santa Monica. It didn't take me long to get home. At least I didn't have to worry about Limon being there anymore. It was quiet when I got back. But the front door was open. "Fuck." I drew out my cuete and tried to be as silent as possible when I went in. It was really dark, so I couldn't see much. Just guessing what it was in front of me. Then, I heard something from upstairs. I hurried upstairs and found a little boy in Armando's bed wrapped up in his covijas. I could hear him shivering. "Que 'stas asiendo?" I asked. He got up slowly.
"Tengo frio. Por favor. Tengo ambre. No tengo casa."
"Y tu familia?"
"No tengo familia. Por favor, senora." He begged. I put down my cuete.
"No soy senora. Me llamo Adalita. Y tu?"
"Valentine." He stood there.
"Ven, Valentine." He nodded and I showed him to the kitchen. "Ablas ingles?" I asked turning on the lights.
"Yes."
"Good. Sit. Que quieres?" I asked him opening the fridge and looking to see what's good.
"Que?"
"Que quieres comer, mijo?" I asked. "Anything."
"Just a sandwich would be nice, thank you." He smiled.
"You've got good manners. You're English is perfect. So is your Spanish." I started to make his sandwich.
"Thank you." He said.
"What size are you? Maybe I can get you some clean clothes." He seemed about the size of Eliseo.
"I don't know. I put on whatever I can find. Unless it doesn't fit me. Then I give it to my little brother." He coughed.
"I thought you didn't have family?" I asked.
"I haven't seen my little brother in a few days. He left to get us some food and he hasn't come back yet." He frowned.
"How old are you?" I put his sandwich on a plate and gave it to him.
"I'm fifteen. My little brother is ten. He wanted to be a man and get us some food while I look for some warmer clothes as it got colder. Now I don't know where he is."
"What does he look like? Maybe we could try and look for him." I wanted to do whatever I could to help this kid.
"He's about five feet tall, dark brown hair, green eyes, has big ears." He laughed. Then his hands started to shake while he covered his mouth and cried. "I knew I shouldn't have let him leave. It's all my fault. I'm the older brother! I feed him!" He said.
"I know how you feel. I got a lil hermano to. Whenever he gets himself into trouble I ask myself what I've done wrong to make him do something that stupid. Just now my brother disowned me for his pregnant girlfriend who's having a kid that's not even his. But she told him she was, so he picked her over me. I thought about what I could have done to him to make him choose her over me." I said. "I feel like it's my fault. But I don't know that."
"Fuck me." He said. "God dammit!" He grabbed his hair and yelled.
"I don't think I can do that. I've got a boyfriend already. I don't think he'd be very happy with me if I did." I joked. He laughed.
"I didn't mean it that way." He smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story