Categories > Anime/Manga > Slam Dunk

Empty Boxes

by nates 0 reviews

Rukawa doesn't know how to respond to love. RuHana. Shounen-ai.

Category: Slam Dunk - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Rukawa Kaede, Sakuragi Hanamichi - Published: 2006-04-29 - Updated: 2006-04-30 - 301 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Not mine. Don't sue.


Empty Boxes


He asked you once what love meant and you hadn't known what to say. So you mumbled Do'aho and managed to distract him with the sound of your touch.

But the question lingered, you never forgot.

Your 'nesan's idea of Love was 2 kids and a husband with a stable job living happily ever after in a nice and peaceful neighborhood. But you reckon if that's all Love is, then you'd rather die while you're still young and beautiful and Number 1 in Japan, and life was just the Greatest Orgasm you've ever had, than wait for something so... nice.

So you stopped believing in love then. After all, it was just an elusive thing made up by men to ease the dullness of life; you had no need for it.

That was until he took away your everything with these three words.

Shyly, I love you.

And the world is splashed in primary colours.

Firmly, I love you.

The sunlight, the trees and the tie-dyed sky. It's life and freedom and openness and existence à la mode bouncing the ball for the very first time.

Loudly, I love you.

You're drunk, completely, and the words are angel dust and you're soaring to Neverland only you think you'll fall without him by your side.

And then you notice his face. He's looking at you expectantly, hope and desire and excitement and -that- all vying for dominance. But all you can do, all you can say is I... Do'aho.

And then you walk away, every step a knife in your foot.



N.B.: Angel dust is a street name for PCP, a hallucinatory drug that can also cause fatal lung infection.

Possibly the start of a series of one-shots - if I can get off my ass that is.
Sign up to rate and review this story