Categories > Original > Romance > Save Me

Save Me

by knifecrew 0 reviews

Adam has known Miles for over 10 years and secretly held an unrequited love for his best friend. The two used to live together, work together and were practically joined at the hip, but when Adam i...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Published: 2010-07-18 - Updated: 2010-07-19 - 645 words

0Unrated
Full summary: Adam has known Miles for over 10 years and secretly held an unrequited love for his best friend. The two used to live together, work together and were practically joined at the hip, but when Adam is transferred to London, the two unknowingly end up growing apart and Adam's worst fear made a reality--Miles is getting married. After accepting a promotion back home three years later, he returns with his secret still intact and an even bigger problem weighing on his shoulders. Will Adam be able to keep quiet or will his feelings become too much to bear?

Prologue


Please keep carry on items with you at all times. Do not leave any baggage unattended.” The announcement was loud, so much so that it made him squint as he moved down the wide, brightly lit corridors of the John F. Kennedy airport. A quick glimpse at his watch told him it was just a few minutes passed 9:30 AM. The plane had been a bit late in its departure from London, but he was just thankful to finally be home.

Home. Home was New York City. Three years ago, he had left from that very airport and nothing to his knowledge had changed aside from the parking garage add-on he spotted from the plane. Anyone going through customs would have been off put by the workers shouting at them to move down the line, but that just brought on a smile. It was familiar. It was comforting. It was home.

He shrugged his laptop case arm strap up more comfortably over his shoulder and rounded the corner towards the security area. As he moved through the sea of people, his pace quickened, snaking through men and women, children being pulled along by their parents, his attention sharpened. Someone was waiting for him. Three long years had gone by since the last time they had seen each other; in that very airport. He hadn’t noticed at first, but his hands were shaking a little at the thought.

As his eyes, a chocolaty color, scanned the large area, it took only a moment to find who he was looking for; the man leaning against the wall near the concession store. His breath left him at the sight. He stopped in his tracks and all thoughts left his mind. "This is the final boarding call for flight 651 to Chicago. The final checks are being completed. All passengers please proceed to gate C for boarding to Chicago on flight 651." Before he knew it, his feet were carrying him forward. The other did not see him right away, but when their eyes locked his heart jumped straight into his throat.

“Adam!”

He couldn’t fight back the smile that pulled at the corner of his lips. “Hey,” the blond said. Miles opened his arms wide and yanked him into a tight embrace. Adam, a little shocked at first, once his senses came back, returned the gesture.

“So how was it? The flight.”

“It was long,” he replied as he slipped out of the embrace. They made their way towards baggage claim, carrying on the conversation while they walked. “I’m a little cramped. It’s nice to be able to walk around.”

“Yeah, tell me about it.” A good eight hours on the plane had been taxing. Miles looked at him. He couldn’t tear a way his gaze; those blue eyes moved up and down his body. “God, it’s been so long. I can’t believe you’re back.”

“Me neither.”

“Seems like forever and at the same time it’s almost like you were never gone. You left through the same gate, yanno,” he explained. “I remember.” A heavy sigh escaped him. Miles took to the stairs; the smile never left his face. “Let’s go get your bags.” They could carry on in the car.
Sign up to rate and review this story