Categories > Original > Horror

My dark dream

by jennyrebecca 0 reviews

This is a dream I had that I later wrote down.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2010-08-01 - Updated: 2010-08-02 - 569 words - Complete

0Unrated
"You'll never get me Captain Hook! Never!" I cry as the villain come closer. Then all is black. I wait patiently in my bed for the next dream. For dreams usually switch with my roaming mind. I "look" around as the scene is displayed in my mind's eye. A castle, I see a castle. Well, stone walls anyway. I really just know it's a castle; because well, you can’t really see an entire castle with your eyes. The entire plot line is made up instantly. It's kinda hard to explain really, I mean the human thought process is vast and complex. When you’re asleep your mind is open to whatever your brain cooks up. Which is supposedly meant to be answers to life, why you do things when you’re awake, or even telling the future. I think what it is though, is that your brain can’t just shut off; it needs something to do besides keeping you alive, to not get bored. So while you’re just lying there for hours upon end, it makes up nice stories for you too experience. But anyways, I'm off subject. I'm in a castle; the edges of my dream are fuzzy. Not much is happening so far. Just standing around, it's raining too.
Flashes now, flashes all around. The room is lit up making it easier to see what’s going on. Faces glare back on the walls, still for eternity in wooden frames. I'm in a big, red arm chair, just like that of a king. The rug under my feet is of the same color, with intricate needle work lacing its entirety. I try to move but seem to be immobilized. The flashes appear to be lighting form a massive storm beating on the windows. The storm seems as if it wants to come in; almost as if, not to kill me, but to save me form impending doom. Lightening casts a shadow across the room. I look up to see a demon salivating over me. I am slightly afraid, but my conscious is awake and I know I cannot truly die. I smile and try to wake up. The demon laughs hard and cruel, almost as if to mock my failed escape. It edges closer, its rank smell filling my nose. A claw shoots up and then slowly strokes my cheek. My body involuntarily starts to shake, tears forming in my eyes. His lips part to reveal sharp pointed teeth. Another flash and I can make out three horns on his head and a tail with a triangle point. He's like something off of a horror movie. I feel a pain in my arm, and the drain of blood. He's hit a main artery and I'm going to die. My vision swirls as he laps up my blood with his snake like tongue. I turn my head, so this is what it feels like to die, huh? Well it hurts, big time. There are no flashes of memory, no anything. Just dullness, as my pulse weakens, sight fades. Slowly.. drifting into darkness... Then a light. Blinding, so brilliant, hard to miss. I am drawn to it. My soul no longer having any use to my broken body. I feel a pull and I'm racing towards it. All thoughts, memories, pain, all gone as I get nearer, so much faster I seem to go.... Then FLASH!......
Sign up to rate and review this story