Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Pages Are All Torn And Frayed

“Baby converses!”

by OhSoIntricateLie 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-06 - Updated: 2010-08-07 - 863 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Happy Birthday dear Helena, Happy Birthday to you!” Everyone was piled in Paisley and Gerard’s living room, celebrating Helena’s first birthday. Paisley had dressed Helena in a pair of Osh Kosk Begosh overalls and a black and purple striped t-shirt. With her jet black hair in anime-style pigtails, she was the image of adorable.

“Presents first, cake last.” Paisley announced as Gerard moved all of the baby’s present in the center of the room.

“First gift is from uncle Frankie,” Paisley helped Helena rip the paper.

“What did she get,” one of Gerard’s aunts asked.

“Baby converses!”

All the women awwwwed over the tiny shoes.

“Thank you Frank. Next gift is from uncle Ray,” Paisley took the gift from Gerard.

“And we have Sesame Street toys. Yay for Big Bird and Elmo,” Paisley said.

“Ehmo,” Helena replied. Again everyone awwwed.

“Uncle Mikey’s gift,” Paisley took it. By this time Helena had grasped the idea of ripping off the paper.

“Who is that,” Paisley asked?

“Ba?”

“We’ll go with that. Is that Pooh Bear?”

Helena waved her hands.

“Well allrighty then.”


After she had opened her gifts and gotten cake all over her, Helena decided she was tired and took a nap. Ofcourse not before pitching a fit in grampa’s arms. Paisley waved goodbye to the rest of the family as Don handed her the baby. The grandparents left not to soon after everyone else. That just left the Way brothers, Frank, and Ray.

Paisley crept back into the now messy living room, the kind that comes from a one year old who has figured out she can walk, with a box behind her back.

“So, I found out a few months ago that all of you had a band of sorts. Why did yall quit?”

Everyone shrugged.

“Dunno. I guess school made us kind of fall apart.”

“Would you want to start it back up again? I mean I know that Gerard is going to be starting art school soon and Frank you’re going to Rutgers. But wouldn’t it be nice just to have something to do. For stress relief?”

The guys thought it over for a minute before saying yes.

“I don’t have a mic. I’d need one.” Gerard said, lighting a cigarette.

Paisley handed him the box. “I thought you would. So here you go.”

Gerard stared at the box and back at Paisley.

“It’s nothing fancy,” she added, “Just something to do the job.”

Gerard leaned over and kissed her on the forehead.

“Thanks. It would be nice to mess around with the band again. Nothing serious, just like you said. Stress relief.”

Gerard and Paisley talked with their guests a little while longer. After they left, the couple were both tired and ready for bed.

They walked hand in hand to the bedroom before Gerard stopped. Turning to Paisley he told her, “ Go sit down on the bed I want to show you something.”

Gerard started shuffling through some papers and handed one to Paisley. Before he could sit down, Helena started crying.

“You read that, I’ll go get her.”

Paisley couldn’t help but smile as she read the lyrics on the page.

Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say.
I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.
For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took,
Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second floor?

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?
(I'm not okay)
I've told you time and time again you sing the words but don't know what it means
(I'm not okay)
To be a joke and look, another line without a hook
I held you close as we both shook for the last time take a good hard look!

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

Forget about the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took
You said you read me like a book, but the pages all are torn and frayed

I'm okay
I'm okay!
I'm okay, now
(I'm okay, now)

But you really need to listen to me
Because I'm telling you the truth
I mean this, I'm okay!
(Trust Me)


Gerard sat down on the bed next to her, holding their daughter. He whispered in his wife’s ear,” because of you, I’m ok now.”

She looked up from the paper and into his eyes. He kissed her briefly before holding her gaze again.

“Trust me.”

A/N: Hello there faithful readers! I love you all. Know that :D So I lied. The story doesn't end on her first birthday. I know that "I'm Not Okay" doesn't end like that, but for story purposes it does. Or does it? Do the rest of the lyrics come in a later story? They just very well might. You'll just have to be on the lookout then, cause I'm mum on the situation haha.

Much xoxo,
Dani
Sign up to rate and review this story