Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Converting Jared

Falling out

by jlyEchelonMCRmy 2 reviews

As Stacey's feeling become more complicated than she thought possible she must work out where her loyalties lie.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-08-10 - Updated: 2010-08-10 - 1169 words - Complete

0Unrated
Emma's POV
I was standing at the corner of my street waiting for Shannon to pick me up wondering whether or not to bring up the subject of Jared. Him and Shannon used to be so close but now Shan seems to hate Jared.
"Hey, babe," said Shan pulling up beside me in his car.
"Hi," I said absent mindedly.
"What's up?" he asked, leaning over and kissing me lightly on the cheek.
"Stacey and Jared," I sighed. "She won't talk about it."
"Is there much point trying to keep it quiet now?" asked Shannon. I shook my head silently in response, so Shan explained what had happened between Jared and Lily. I was shocked.
As soon as I got to school went to apologise to Stacey.

****

Stacey's POV
"I'm sorry," said Emma, "I know now why you hated me so much for saying you fancied Jared."
"What?" I asked, confused.
"Shan told me what Jared's done," said Emma.
I was suddenly so full of emotion; I didn't know what to say. I was angry with Shannon for spreading things about his own brother; angry with Emma for changing her mind now, for saying that I shouldn't fancy Jared when she'd almost convinced me I did; I felt sorry for Jared; I was angry with Lily for telling all her friends; annoyed with myself for telling Lily to say something and for still possibly liking Jared. I was so confused.
"Stacey?" asked Emma after my silence.
"I... I can't believe Shannon told you," I said hesitating, trying to decide which emotion to voice.
"Well, he took the same view as me, that people will find out anyway," she said.
"But it's none of his business! It should be up to Jared who finds out and who doesn't," I said sounding unnecessarily angry.
"Why do you care? I've apologised to you now but all you can do is stand here and defend Jared," she shouted out me.
"Emma..." I started.
"I thought I was supposed to be your best friend but frankly I think you should just go and comfort Jared because you plainly prefer him!" she shouted again and marched off.
First lesson I knew Jared had free so, for the first time in my life, I bunked off of lesson to go and see him.
"Why aren't you in lesson?" he asked coming over to see me.
"Me and Emma fell out, I don't feel like going to lesson," I sighed. "I wanted a chat."
"What you mean you want me to tell you all my problems?" he said.
"Yeah," I smiled. "It'll help."
"Look, I'm not the sort of person who pours their heart out like that."
"I know," I said. "But that's the sort of person that needs it most."
"Ok, do you want to hear my problems?" he asked with the clear intent of telling me anyway. "I have no friends, my older brother hates me, my mother hates me, I'm lucky to still have a place to live and I'm seriously considering leaving school."
I stood in complete silence staring at him for a few seconds.
"See?" he said. "My life's a fucking mess and nobody cares."
"I care," I said as soon as he had finished. Damn, why? Why did I have to admit it like that? "I'm trying to help you but you won't help yourself."
"What do you mean by 'I won't help myself'?" he asked.
"If you actually talk to me about it I'll try to help." Just as I finished talking the bell rang signifying the beginning of next lesson.
"Think about it," I said as we both left for our lessons.

At lunch that day, I didn't even bother going to sit with Emma and Shannon because Emma would tell me to clear off anyway. So I went to find Jared.
"Have you thought about it then?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said. "I don't know why I do it though."
"But you have been for, like, four years."
"Why do you care?" he asked me suddenly.
"I... don't know," I said slowly.
"How can you not know?" he echoed my own words back at me.

That night in bed I had our conversation going round in my head.
"Why do you care?"
The way he asked me that made me sympathise with him so much, but he was almost aggressive. I think I do know why I care though; I just don't want to admit it. Especially as Emma has now taken a different view. I was just coming to believe her and she's apologising for saying it.
If I do have feelings for Jared though, why should it matter? He's a really nice, good-looking guy and he needs a friend, someone there for him, someone to comfort him. I'm the best he's got.
And what if he really does like me back? What if he doesn't just see me as another thing to have sex with?
Still it would be weird being with him knowing what he was like. I can't believe I'm even considering going out with a sex addict like Jared...
That's it! That's his problem. It must be. The reason he 'can't help himself' is that he's addicted.

Jared's POV
Next morning I was sat on the steps by the D-block and Stacey came over to me.
"Morning," she said.
"Hi," I replied.
"You know you're always saying you don't know why you do it and you can't help yourself?" she said hurriedly.
"Yeah," I said slowly wondering where this conversation was going.
"Well, you must be addicted, that's why it's not your fault, like you said," she replied.
"And you still don't care? I mean, you still want to be friends with me?" I asked.
"Of course," said Stacey.
Without thinking or fully realising happening I leant in and kissed her. She sat staring at me for a moment, then, without speaking, stood and left.

Stacey's POV
I really thought I fancied him but that was just too weird. I still want to be friends with him but now it would be too awkward.
Just after I left Jared the bell rang signalling my science lesson.
I have been dreading science as I sit next to Emma but now I can explain that I wasn't going to talk to Jared again and hopefully we could be friends again.
"Stacey?" asked Emma. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm not talking to Jared anymore," I said slowly.
"Why not?"
"Long story," I said, yet again my lie to escape telling the truth.
"Did you want to sit with me and Shan at lunch again?" asked Emma.
"Please," I said, smiling at my best friend.

Jared's POV
As always I sat in my spot on the stairs at break and lunch, but Stacey never came. What had I done? I'm such an idiot to think that she would want a relationship with me. No girl would. I'm never gonna find love now. I'm going to die alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story