Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Best Things In Life Are Unexpected

Stirring Emotions

by doyleangel 1 review

Zoe comes to

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-08-15 - Updated: 2010-08-16 - 2784 words

0Unrated


Stirring Emotions



"I think we should take her to the hospital."

"No, she's fine; just give her a couple of minutes."

The voices became louder as Zoe started to come to. She slowly opened her eyes and found a pair of green eyes staring back at her. They were filled with worry as they looked down on her.

"Oh, you're awake! We were so worried! Are you ok? How do you feel? Do you need anything?"

"Woah, calm down. Let the girl breath."

Zoe shifted her eyes to where the voice came from and saw Rian kneeling by her side. It was then that she realized that she was on the couch in All Time Low's green room.

She looked back at the girl with the green eyes. "Um, I'm fine, but who are you?"

"NNNNNOOOO!!!!!" Zoe, along with everyone else, quickly turned their head to Jack, who had his hands in fists raised to the ceiling. "She doesn't remember. She has AMNESIA!!"

Zoe furrowed her eyes in confusion and turned back to the green eyed girl whose short hair was the color of a Coca-Cola can.

"Um, I don't know what his problem is," she said, turning her head and pointing at Jack, "or how much red bull he's had, but I think someone needs to cut him off. He's had WAY too much."

Just then a petite girl with medium length brown hair wearing faded light jeans, a red, black and gold plaid tank top, and black flats walked into the room. She was wearing silver hoop earrings and heart shaped necklace made of diamonds that lay in the middle of her chest. Her colorful bangle bracelets clanked as she lifted her right arm, revealing a case of red bull.

"Don't worry; I've already taken care of that." She then proceeded to toss the case into the giant trash by the door.

Jack let out a sound that could only be described as a girly squeal and ran over to the trashcan. "Mandy, what are you doing? Are you fucking crazy? That shit's expensive."

The girl crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes at him. "Jack Bassam Barakat, did you just say what I think you did?"

Zoe rolled her eyes and sat up on the couch. "Mandy, Jack, could you two please not fight right now. Jack, you know better than to piss your girlfriend off. You better apologize to her before she shoves that necklace she's wearing, that you gave her I might add, right up your ass."

Jack hung his head slightly and walked over to Mandy. "I'm sorry baby. I guess I could use a break from the caffeine."

She didn't say anything, but the fact that she allowed her boyfriend to put his arm around her waist meant that she forgave him. Mandy wasn't one who showed her emotions very often unless it was with Jack.

Zoe looked around the room at the people she didn't recognize. There was a tall skinny guy with short dark brown hair wearing jeans, a plain black shirt and tennis shoes. He was standing next to a dark skinned girl with shoulder length black hair pulled back into a braid. She was wearing a tiered mesh black skirt, a solid green tank top and black kitten heels with a bow on them. The only jewelry she was wearing was a silver watch and a small stud in her nose. In the corner of the room sitting on a couple of chairs was a slightly chubby guy with medium length brown hair that was slightly wavy wearing khakis and a plain white shirt with a plaid one over it and next to him was a dark skinned man wearing just jeans and a white t-shirt. Lastly, standing by the couch, was the girl with the green eyes and really red hair. She was wearing the cutest dark red layered skirt and a black tank with silver on top. Her black pumps made her look taller than she really was, and a red pendant necklace hung from her neck.

"Ok, now that Mandy has put Jack in his place," Zoe said, looking over at Jack who proceeded to stick his tongue out at her, "could anyone tell me who all these new people are?"
A tall skinny guy raised his hand slowly above his head. Everyone just looked at him, waiting for him to speak, but he never did.

"Really dude? What are you 5? You don't have to raise your hand to speak." Zoe shifted her eyes to look at the source of the voice. It was the guy from earlier, the one with the pale blue eyes who had caught her. She saw him roll his eyes and turned to look at her. "Sorry about him, he's alittle....well....different."

"Hey, I'm not different," the tall guy said, then got a huge smile on his face,"My mom says I'm special." The girl next to him just shook her head and had an apologetic look on her face.

Blue eyes shifted his attention back to Zoe. She caught his eye, and felt something flutter in her stomach. She waved it off, figuring it was still an effect from her earlier episode.

"Well" he started, "Mr. Special over there is Robby Reider. He's our bassist. The girl next to him is Daija Watson, she's his girlfriend. The two guys in the corner there are Mike Toohey, our guitarist and Chris Barrett, our drummer. The girl here next to me, in her crazy hair color glory,"he smirked at the girl as she glared at him playfully, "is Shannon Sindy and she's Mike's girlfriend. We have already met, but in case you forgot, I'm Andrew Goldstein. I sing lead and play guitar."

Zoe just sat there for a second before it hit her. "Oh, you guys are The Friday Night Boys." They all just mumbled an affirmation. "I have to admit, when we booked this show, I thought it was kind of strange that only two bands were on the bill." She smirked alittle bit. "Couldn't you find anyone that liked you enough to join you?"

Mike stood up from where he was sitting and walked over to Shannon. "We were just on a full tour that ended yesterday. We were talking with the ATL guys about this club they loved so much. Eventually we kind of all decided to do a show here, just us two bands. We live in Virginia and it's not that far away from Baltimore."

"Yeah," Rian piped in. "We told the guys they could stay at our places for the night too. That way they could hang around after the show."

Zoe nodded her head. "Yeah, that makes sense."

Just then a short yet built girl with short black and green hair came bursting into the room wearing black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees, a flowing blue shirt with a butterfly on it and silver sandals. A silver bracelet with a vine design graced her wrist.

She ran over to where Zoe was sitting on the crouched down. "Oh Zo, I heard what happened. Rian called me as soon as he saw you. I was out getting him a coffee. I ran back here as fast as I could. Are you ok? What happened?"

Zoe smiled at her friend. "I'm fine Helena. I just got lightheaded I think. I tripped over a wire or something. No big deal."

Helena grabbed Zoe'shand. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here."

"Hel, what could you have done? You were being a good girlfriend to ol' Rian here. We all know that he can't function without you."

"Hey," Rian exclaimed,a shocked look on his face at first, then relaxing it and shrugging his shoulders. "It's true, what can I say?"

Stephanie came back in the room at that moment. Her Scene shirt and dark jeans were wet and she had a glass of water in her hands. "Sorry it took so long. I was in such a hurry to get back here I spilt the first glass all over me," she gestured to herself with her hands. She noticed Zoe was awake and sitting up. She walked over to her and handed her the glass of water before plopping down next to her on the couch.

"So what happened? You get star struck meeting the lead singer of the FNB's and passed out?"

Zoe choked on the sip of water she had just taken and blushed a little bit at that. Alex chuckled from across the room and she shot him a look that told him if he didn't shut up there would be no show that night.

"No, I didn't even know who he was." She looked at Andrew. "Sorry." He just shrugged his shoulders. "There was a wire on the floor that I didn't see and Itripped. I would have fallen but Andrew pulled me up. I don't know, I guess Igot lightheaded or something. It's nothing."

Stephanie didn't look like she believed her, but didn't say anything. Zoe looked down at her watch and saw that it was 4:15 and doors opened in less than two hours.

"Guys, I appreciate all of your concern, I really do, but I'm fine." To prove her point she stood up from the couch and stretched. "I have some things that need to get done before doors open. I'll have the set list to you guys by 5, but it should be pretty simple since there are only the two bands. Each of you will probably get about an hour and a half to play." She walked over to the door and turned back to the room. "By the way, where are Tiegan and Zack?"

Mandy moved over to the couch and sat down next to Stephanie. "Tiegan came in here to get Zack a couple of minutes before Andrew carried you in here. Ihaven't seen them since. They're probably in the janitor's closet or something."

Zoe scrunched up her nose. "Yeah, that's not something I want to walk in on. If they don't appear by 6, let me know ok?" She then turned and walked out the door.

She made her way back to her office and shut the door once she was inside. She leaned against the door and let out a huge sigh. The truth was she had no idea what had happened earlier. She wanted to blame it all on the almost fall, but she knew that wasn't completely true. From the moment she had looked into those pale eyes, she had been unnerved, breathless. That didn't happen to her. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt anything like that for a guy, and she wasn't looking for it.

A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts. She stood up and opened the door to find Alex standing on the other side.

"Hey Lex," she opened the door more and gestured him inside. "What's up?"

"Not much," he said, taking a seat in one of the chairs in front of her desk. She walked around to the other side and sat down in her chair. "I just wanted to make sure you were ok. I mean really ok."

Zoe started to open her mouth, but Alex put up his hand to stop her. "I know you better than everyone in that room, even Stephanie. You wouldn't have made abig deal with everyone standing around, but tell me the truth."

She sighed and slumped down in her chair slightly. "I really am fine Alex, Ijust, I dunno. I don't really know what happened. Iguess it just jarred me for a bit."

He tilted his head to the side. "You sure it doesn't have anything to do with Andrew?" She stiffened slightly, which he noticed, but didn't say anything about. "Look, I don't care if it did or didn't. I just wanted to say that if it did, he's a good guy."

"Alex," she started but he cut her off.

"You don't owe me any explanation Zo. I just know that it's been a while since you've been with anyone. Logan really fucked you over and I know you're weary, but you have to let someone in again sometime.

Zoe bristled a little bit at the mention of her ex. "We've been over this Alex. I'm not looking for a relationship. I'm happy with my life."

"I know hun, I just want you to be happy. But anyway, I didn't come in here just to see if you were ok. I came to make sure you're coming tonight."

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Coming where?"

"To Jack's. We're all getting together after the show, to, you know, whatever."

She chuckled at him. "You always had an eloquent way with words Lex. But I don't think I can come tonight. The concert will be over around 10:30 and the club doesn't close until 1. I have to stay here."

"No you don't. You've left early plenty of times to hang with us. Come on Zoe. We haven't seen each other since the beginning of tour. You have to come hang with us, and get to know the rest of the guys and their girls. You'll love them, I promise."

"I agree, you'll love us."

Zoe's head shot up to look in her doorway where Andrew was standing. She had forgotten to close the door behind Jack.

"We're really fun. I promise."

She ignored the fact that her heart was beating slightly faster now that he was there. She let out a sigh. "I don't know guys..."

"Pwease?? Pwetty pwease?" Alex gave her puppy dog eyes and pouty lips. She could never resist those from him.

She growled slightly, but relented. "Ok ok, fine. I'll see if Sam is ok with me taking off early."

'YEAH!!! Good choice Zoe."

She laughed at Alex and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. "Here," she said, writing on the paper. She handed it to Alex and glanced at Andrew before continuing. "Friday Night Boys will go on at 7 and play until about 8:30. Then you guys will go on around 8:50-9:00. Since it's only two bands it doesn't have to be as strict as usual."

Andrew nodded his head. "It's kind of nice to have just a little leeway. Takes some of the pressure off you know?"

Zoe gave him a little smile. "Well, um, glad to help." She glanced at Alex."Ok, I really have stuff I have to do before the show so you two need to get out."

Alex chuckled. "Alright, we're going. See you later?"

She nodded. "Yes you will. I have to go home and change before going over to Jack's though. So I'll just meet you there after the show, ok?"

"Yeah that's fine, but aren't we going to see you before the show?"

"Yeah but just in case things get hectic, we have our plans in place."

Alex grinned at her. "You're so smart."

Zoe raised an eyebrow. "Lex, compared to you, Jack's a rocket scientist."

Alex's grinned fell. "Now, that was just low."

She chuckled and smiled at him. "Oh Lex, you're so easy."

He wiggled his eyebrows. "Oh you know it. How do you think I got Steph?"

Zoe got a look of disgust on her face. "TMI!!!! Ew, gross. That's it, get out now."

Alex leaned across her desk and kissed her on the cheek. "I missed you girl. I'm glad we're back."

She smiled back at him. "Me too kid, me too."

She watched as he and Andrew made their way back down the hallway. She leaned back in her chair and let her head rest on her chair. She was excited to hang out with her friends again. It had been too long. But the thing that unnerved her was that she was also a little bit excited about Andrew being there, and she didn't like that one bit.





Hello lovely readers!! Thanks again for continuing to read this story, I hope you all are enjoying it. I ask that you PLEASE comment, let me know what you think, even if it's only a couple of words. Reviews inspire me to write, they let me know people want more!!

Also, follow me on twitter and be informed on progress of the story. @JenR217

Mandy's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/welcome_to_polyvore/set?id=21996457

Daija's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/daija/set?id=22033327

Shannon's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/shannon/set?id=22034441

Helena's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/helena/set?id=22035991

Stephanie's Scene Shirt: http://assets2.customink.com/designs/proofs/trg0-000f-d3nr/front.jpg
Sign up to rate and review this story