Categories > Original > Romance > Gramarye

Gramarye

by LOVEless_nightes 0 reviews

Having lived a life of 'murder'...how will Grim deal with falling in love with the one person he was told to kill? Can he really deny the elders...or...will he continue living as a killer?

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-05-02 - Updated: 2006-05-02 - 425 words

0Unrated
Gramarye: Prologue

* The rain poured down upon the mourning humans as the angles in heaven continue to cry for the loss of the young man, supposedly, lying in the now wet mahogany coffin. People, adorned in black clothing, stood around the wooden casing, under large umbrellas, weeping into white handkerchiefs. Far away from the sobbing group, a lone figure, cloaked in black cloth, watched from its place by the stone mausoleum as the minister said his final words. Watched as the pallbearers lowered the casket into the six foot deep hole. Watched as shovels after shovels of dirt and mud were dumped on top. Watched as a single marble grave marker was placed to mark the grave. Watched as the mourners left one by one, into their cars and driving off.
Once sure that every one of the mourners were gone, the mysterious person made its way, towards the previously occupied area, through the many curtains of rain, unaware of the fact that its' entire body was drenched and shivering. Crouching down before the white marble slab, an extremely pale hand reached out to trace the intricately carved letters upon it.
Gramarye Elysion Renalde
1954 - 1971
Loving Son
We Will Always
Remember
You
A soft smile appeared on the pale petal lips of the stranger as it read the words written in silence. Standing up, the mysterious figure walked away, black cloak trailing behind gracefully, creating the illusion that the Angel of Death, maybe just for a split second, really did exist. *

Liquid blue eyes sprang open with suddenness, shifting, as it observed its surroundings, and for a moment, the eyes filled with confusion and fear at the unfamiliar room before being replaced with an icy mask. Deathly pale fingers gripped tightly at the russet silk sheets, wrapping it around a slender waist as the ashen stranger lifted itself out of the large, comfortable bed. Standing up the stranger allowed the silk sheets to drop gracefully to the cream carpeted floors like a pool of freshly bled blood. Completely unaware of the stench of rotting flesh, the blue eyed creature bent over to pick up the carelessly discarded black cloak that lay next to the corpse of an elderly man. Cold-heartedly and uncaringly the creature stepped up onto and over the dead body, a ghost of a smile appearing on its lips as it heard bones breaking underneath its bare feet. Casting one last glance at the neat room, the stranger gracefully pulled on the black leather boots that lay neatly by the bedroom door, before leaving.
Sign up to rate and review this story