Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Against the Law or Against You?

Chapter 1

by Zexion_Number_VI 0 reviews

chapter 1

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Draco,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2010-08-20 - Updated: 2010-08-21 - 1135 words

-1Boring
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS. THIS IS A HARRY/LUNA HERMIONE/DRACO FANFIC.

Draco smiled nervously at me before we began walking. I tripped over a rock at the edge of the water, but he caught me. He was handsome. Though, he looked paler than normal...

"What's wrong, Draco?" I asked as he stood me up.

"If my father knew who I was with..." Draco sighed.

"Well, your father doesn't know, does he?" I smiled.

"But," he began as he faced the other way. "Even the thought of him finding out. There could be dire consequences."

"That's a load of rubbish, Draco," I snapped. "He's your /father/!"

"Oh like that makes a difference," Draco growled as he turned to face me. "My father would beat me when he got the chance!"

The look in his eyes was fury, but the sound in his voice was worry and sorrow. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him tightly as I began to cry. He really was scared. I felt him close his arms around my shoulders and lie his head on top of mine.

"You're fine just the way you are," I sniffled.

"Really?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah," I sighed. "You're Draco Malfoy. There's nothing wrong with you."

He chuckled like I was wrong, but I bit my tongue from retorting him and stayed in his arms. He was warm and strong. We just recently figured out that he was a Death Eater, but I knew he was way too good a person to actually go through with killing Dumbledore.

The night went by pretty fast. Draco bid me goodnight and said that we should do that again tomorrow night at around nine. I said I would and ran back to the castle with him. We both crept in, but Snape was lurking in the shadows and stopped us.

"Why did you two come in at this time of night together?" Snape demanded.

"I was showing Granger what it was to be a pure blood," Draco replied snappishly.

"We got into an argument earlier that he could do more than me just because my parents are muggles," I growled as convincingly as possible.

"Since you were both out after curfew, I have no choice but to deduct points from each of your houses," Snape said and walked off.

When he was gone, I looked at Draco and he was laughing.

"That was great!" he exclaimed.

"It was, wasn't it?" I smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow...well...sometime today, really."

He nodded and I headed up to my dormitory. I tiptoed up the stairs, changed, and lied in bed, thinking about his almost white hair in the moonlight. It was shining. Glimmering. I fell asleep and his pale, beautiful blue eyes haunted my dreams. I opened my eyes with a start as I saw Parvati Patil trying to get me out of bed.

"We have breakfast in about fifteen minutes, Hermione," she squeaked.

I nodded sleepily and changed into my robes. I walked with Harry, Ron, and Ginny down to the entrance hall where we met up with Luna. I glanced over and saw his platinum blond hair. He looked to me and our eyes met. He smiled sweetly when Crabbe and Goyle looked away and I smiled back. After we got in the Great Hall, I looked to Draco and he motioned for me to follow him. I grabbed some food, told Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Luna that I felt like eating alone, and followed the young Death Eater out to a deserted classroom. I closed the door behind me and sat in the chair next to him.

"We can't hate each other throughout the whole day," Draco sighed.

"I guess that's true," I smiled as I looked at him.

"You wanna skip class with me today?" he asked me suddenly out of the blue.

"Are you crazy?" I squeaked as I turned to face him. "I've never missed a day of school in my life!"

"There's a first time for everything," he smiled.

I couldn't resist that for much longer. I sighed and nodded then ate my breakfast. Once the plates disappeared, Draco and I went to stand in the doorway of the Great Hall and listen to Dumbledore's speech.

"There has been word that there are Death Eaters gaining entrance to our school," he began and I looked at Draco, who was paler than before. "If there is anyone you know that may be in contact with them, please tell a professor immediately. Now, have a great day, Hogwarts students."

Draco and I glanced at each other and ran off when everyone in the Great Hall began walking to the door. We went and hid behind the door in the dark, me standing in his embrace as he held his head up a bit, breathing deeply and closing his eyes. Everyone left the Great Hall except for Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape.

"There is no way my star student was out after curfew with Malfoy!" McGonagall exclaimed.

"Well, she was," Snape growled firmly.

"Listen," Dumbledore stepped in as Draco and I looked into each other's eyes only to return our attention to the professors in front of us. "Until we have figured this out fairly, I will deduct only five points from both houses. If it is true, then they will both be suspended for a week. If it is not, then Serverus will be punished by being kicked from the Defense Against the Dark Arts position to becoming assistant groundskeeper."

Dumbledore swept up the stairs toward his office, Snape to the dungeons, and McGonagall to her classroom.

"We are so fucked," Draco breathed.

I moved from his grasp, took his hand in mine, peeked around the corner, and pulled him out the front doors of the Entrance Hall. We ran to the lake after we grabbed two brooms from the practice grounds. I kicked off first and we rode around the castle to the rocks in the back. I landed as smoothly as possible and set my broom down beside me as I sat with Draco beside me. He had his knees close to his chest and his arms resting on them. I simply had my legs folded underneath me.

"Thank you, Hermione," he said randomly.

"For what?" I asked, looking at him curiously.

"I know that you know I'm a Death Eater," he replied, also looking at me. "Thank you for not ratting me out."

"There's just this thing keeping me from doing it," I told him as I looked out at the lake again.

"Still," he sighed, taking my hand in his. "Thank you."

I smiled and looked back to the lake. I guess that one day I decided to skip was completely worth it.
Sign up to rate and review this story