Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > X-men: Evolution of the Heart

Kitty Pryde

by slickboy444 1 review

AU on how the X-men came to be. Major Scott/Jean and Kurt/Kitty. Scott, Jean, Kurt, Kitty, Evan, and Rogue have all had horrible lives. See how they ban together and become the future X-men with th...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Avalanche, Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2005-05-19 - Updated: 2005-05-19 - 1969 words

0Unrated
X-men: Evolution of the Heart
Chapter 3: Kitty Pryde


AN: This takes place 4 years after the last chapter. So Scott and Jean are both 16 years old in this part and Kitty is 13 and Kurt is 14.

************************

She knew she was different. She knew she was unique...But why did it scare her so much? Why?

Her name is Kitty Pryde. She lived in a small house outside of Albany, New York. On the outside she looks like a normal young teenage girl, but nothing could be further from the truth. She has many dark secrets...Secrets that she has kept locked up inside for the majority of her life. She was isolated, for she only had one real friend. She was smart, but it gave her no joy whatsoever. There was no simple source to all this unhappiness. Over the years it had just grown too complex to even think about. However, if there had to be one major cause...It would have to be the man she lived with...Her father.

He was a cruel man. He had grown crueler over time with each passing day. He would say things to his daughter that tore her up inside. He would do things to her that made her cry. He would hit, abuse, and sometimes rape her. Yes, her own father would actually rape her. He threatened to kill her if she ever told anybody. But why was he this way? It was simple...He never wanted a daughter in the first place.

Kitty never knew her mother...She died not long after she was born in a car crash. Kitty was forced to live with her father afterwards. From day one he had made it clear that he didn't want her there. As a little girl he neglected her, but as time wore on he grew increasingly violent. Her father had worked many dead end jobs that yielded little money after he was fired from his normal corporate job. His temper was always seen as a risk to others and many weren't willing to keep him employed for too long. However, this only made things worse.

Young Kitty Pryde wearily slipped in to the back door of her house. The clock read 10:00 PM as she made her way up to her room. She tried to stay as quiet as possible so as not to awaken her father, who was probably asleep by now. The floors of the house were dingy and dirty. There was a faint smell of rotting food coming from the refrigerator. As she made her way up the stairs she kept trying to stay as quiet as possible. Her room was now in sight. Suddenly, she heard a voice.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" said an angry voice from the other end of the hall.

"Daddy...I swear I was..."

"SHUT UP!" bellowed her father. Immediately, Kitty became silent. She dared not defy him for fear that he might hit her again. "Where were you...TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

Young Kitty Pryde hesitated, for she knew he wouldn't believe her. He never did. However, she found herself blurt it out.

"I was at Kurt's house...That's it I..."

"LIES!" replied her father as he came up to her and firmly grabbed her arm. "You were out with the boys again weren't you?! You little slut tell the truth!"

"It is the truth daddy I swear...Why would I lie?" said Kitty who was practically begging for all this to go away.

"Because that's what little sluts like you do...You lie. NOW TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

His voice was harsh and full of anger. He refused to believe anything she told him. It was as if he was delusional. Nothing ever seemed real for this man. Kitty didn't know if it was because he was sick or if it was because he drank. But this man never saw anything but what he wanted to see.

"Daddy Please...No," cried Kitty as tears welled up in her eyes.

If she told him the truth he would hurt her, and if she told him what he wanted to hear he would still hurt her. There was no way out.

"You deserve it you little bitch..."

He began to draw his hand back. Kitty braced herself for what she knew was to come. She squeezed her eyes shut as he was about to hit her with all his might. Then, as soon as he was about to make contact, something happened...It went straight through her. His fist slammed in to the hard wall and he yelled out in pain. Kitty's arm then went straight through his other hand that had been holding on to her. Then, she ran through her closed bedroom door like a ghost.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!!"

Kitty curled up in a ball on her bed as she heard her father begin to bang against her door. Luckily, her father wasn't a very strong man in a physical sense so the door held up. However, that didn't mean it would stay that way. The loud pounding on the door barely registered in young Kitty's brain as she just tried to make sense of what just happened. Had she just walked through the wall? Had she just passed through her father like he was just a cloud of air?

This wasn't new for her. Many times Kitty would be asleep and for some reason she would fall through her bed and land in the basement. This often resulted in her father beating the shit out of her because he thought she had sneaked out. It had scared her because she didn't know how it happened. Lately she was beginning to understand this occurrence and could control it to some extent. However, this strange ability scared her beyond words. Was she an alien? Was she a monster? Was she a ghost? She didn't know.

Her father's yelling from the other side of the door began to die down. Maybe he was getting tired, but he still didn't stop. Living with her father was a living hell and she didn't know how much more of it she could take. So many nights she lay on her bed like this...Hoping for all this pain to go away. But it never did...It only got worse. She wanted to run so badly, but she just couldn't find the strength. Instead, she just cried. She cried and she cried.

Suddenly, the banging on the door got louder and more violent. Her father must have found something to help him knock the door in. It sounded like a metal baseball bat.

"YOU LITTLE SLUT I'M COMING FOR YOU! YOU HEAR ME!? I'M COMING!!!" yelled her father.

Immediately, Kitty sprung up off her bed and ran to the closet. She couldn't stay any longer. If he got in he would only hurt her more. He would beat her or rape her like he always did. The thoughts of him doing it again were too difficult to bear. The memories of previous assaults lingered. Every time he touched or hit her, it was engraved in to her brain like a red-hot scar that wouldn't heal. She lost count of how many times it happened...But it was already too much.

She grabbed what she could and threw it in to a small backpack she had in her closet. All she could find were a few changes of clothes and that was about it. She also grabbed from her dresser her dearest possession...A small pocket-sized picture. Then...She heard the door start to give way.

Closing her eyes and hoping for the best, she ran through the wall and jumped out in to the cold night. She landed with a thud on the bushes below. Quickly, she rolled off of them and sprinted away from her house. As she ran, she heard a voice screaming in the distance.

"GET BACK HER KITTY! YOU HEAR ME?! GET BACK HERE AND GET WHAT'S COMING TO YOU!!!"

It was the voice of her father...But she didn't go back. She couldn't...And she wouldn't. She walked along the sidewalk around her neighborhood trying to get as far away from her house as possible. Even though she lived there all her life...She never wanted to call it 'home.' It was a nightmare. Aimlessly, she kept on walking underneath the clear skies above. She walked and she walked...Never once going back in the direction where her house was. Soon, her legs began to tire and she soon found a bench to rest.

As she lay back and stared at the beautiful stars above her mind began to wander. What was she? What was happening to her? What she did back there was impossible...Wasn't it? She did it none-the-less. As she watched the stars she felt tears form in her eyes.

"Now what happens?" she asked herself aloud. "Where do I go...What do I do?"

Who would take care of somebody who could easily be considered a freak? Now all that was left was to survive. As she contemplated the future, she remembered the picture she grabbed off her dresser just before she ran out of her house. It was her most prized possession. It was a picture of her and her only friend in the whole world...Kurt Wagner. Like herself, Kurt was very different...In some ways more than she was. He had been cursed with a very different appearance from birth. The only way he could walk around the public was through the use of an image inducer.

Kurt was the only good thing in Kitty Pryde's life. She had known him since she was six and he had been the only one that was there for her when she needed it. Despite his appearance, Kitty often thought of Kurt as an angel sent to help her. For years she sought comfort in him when things with her father became unbearable. At school, they always stuck together no matter what. Even when people teased them they still stuck together. So many times he had helped Kitty, and so many times she had helped him as well. One of the reasons Kurt understood her so well was because he too had a traumatic home-life. Although he didn't like to talk about it at all, he still confided in her more than anybody else. They knew each other's secrets, fears, and everything else in between. As thoughts of Kurt passed through her mind she suddenly realized what she must do...And where she must go.

"Kurt," she said aloud. "That's it. If anyone can help me...He can."

The young girl let out a sigh as she got up. The moon shone brightly above her as she began to make her way down the street. She knew where she was going and she knew where she could find solstice. It wasn't a place or a thing...It was a person. Kurt would understand...If he didn't, then nobody would. Either way she had to do something to fight this emptiness welling up inside of her. She had nothing in her life anymore except Kurt. Even if Kurt couldn't help her find peace...It was better than being so alone.

************************

AN: Well, that's it for now. I know it's shorter than my last two chapters, but don't worry, there is a reason for it. The next chapter, of coarse, will be Kurt Wagner. It will coincide with this chapter. Remember to REVIEW! Post them on fanfiction.net or send them to me at slickboy444@aol.com. I'll try to update soon, so until then best wishes to you all.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW! PLEASE!
Sign up to rate and review this story