Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Everything happens for a reason...right?

by xxcdawg 2 reviews

Nicole has struggled with drugs for a year. When she relapsed, her father kicked her onto the streets to fend for herself. What made her relapse...& who will she come across on the streets of New J...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-09-10 - Updated: 2010-09-10 - 529 words

0Unrated
I relapsed. When I say relapsed, I don’t mean I just took one pill & that was it, oh no. I took half the damn bottle. I didn’t care if I died, really I didn’t. I just wanted to be numb; forget everything, everyone & myself.
I felt the effects of the pills crash over me; making me feel floaty, numb, & worry free. The feeling got stronger & stronger until I couldn’t even more one finger. I just laid there…waiting for either sleep or death to take over.
I woke up a few hours later to screaming, stomping, & slamming. My father.
Shit, he found the fucking bottle, I’m dead. I thought.
“NICOLE LYN APPLEBY! GET YOUR ASS UPSTAIRS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!” My father roared.
I went to stand up. I was still pretty high, which was a good thing at this point because when I’m high, nothing could scare me…or so I thought.
“Yeah dad?” I asked as innocently as I could.
“Where the hell did you get Xanax?” he said sternly.
I just stood there…zoned out. Maybe taking half the bottle wasn’t a good idea… as much as I wanted to die.
“YOU’RE HIGH RIGHT NOW AREN’T YOU YOU FUCKING DRUGGIE?” he screamed.
“No no, I’m just really tired.” I slurred.
“Nicole, I can put up with you smoking cigarettes & drinking on the weekends with friends. You’re 19 & I can’t tell you want to do. But getting fucking high off of perscription pills in MY house is the last straw after everything you put this damn family through.”
That caught my attention.
“That was a year ago dad! What are you saying then?” My voice was shaky at this point.
“I’m saying…you have to leave. Now.” He said then turned his back to me.
“Dad…no. I promise I won’t take anymore! You can search my room everyday, please don’t kick me out I have no where to go! Daddy please…” A single tear slid down my cheek.
“That’s what you said one year ago & look where it lead too. I’m sorry. I can’t live with this & I don’t want your little brother living with this either.” He nearly whispered.
“What would mom think huh?! If she was still with us, she’d let me stay! I bet if she could come down from Heav-”
“JUST SHUT UP, PACK YOUR SHIT, & GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.” He said then went to his bedroom.
I stood there, in total shock for a good five minutes…trying to take in that I was going to be homeless…probably for the rest of my days.
I heard my mothers words echo in my head.
Remember, everything happens for a reason.
Yeah right, mom. My life has been shit, & it’s not getting any better, no matter what that ‘reason’ is.
I went down to my room, grabbed my giant duffle bag & shoved clothes, books, money, blankets…anything I think I would need.
The one thing I knew that would help me keep going is my walkman & my favorite band…My Chemical Romance.
Sign up to rate and review this story