Categories > Original > Drama

Far Away

by Samanthadroppie 1 review

She’s sitting at her usual table. Stares out of the window. Loves to look in on people’s lives. She can see right through them.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2010-09-14 - Updated: 2010-09-14 - 549 words - Complete

1Ambiance
She’s sitting at her usual table. Stares out of the window. Rain. Wind. It’s dark outside. Couples walking close to each other. Both trying to fit under the umbrella. A pink umbrella with purple unicorns. Childish. An adult man holds it over his head. She can’t help but to laugh. A black umbrella. Almost invisible in the dark. The young girl that is holding it is crying. Depressing. The black umbrella seems appropriate.

She sees a young couple kissing in the rain. Like a movie-scene. So romantic. She smiles. Romance makes her happy. The young couple ignores the rain. They have love. Love is all that matters. Another kiss. Never wanting to let go. The bus stops. They disappear into the bus. The bus drives away. She’ll never see them again.

Another cup of coffee? Sure. Why not? It’s not like she’ll go anywhere soon. She sees people getting out of the theatre. They’ve seen a musical. Must’ve been good. The people all smile. The rain doesn’t even matter. One boy stays behind. He looks nervous. He catches her eye. The boy checks his watch. His dark hair gets wet. Still raining. Minutes go by. The boy checks his watch again. Another boy appears. Two teenage boys standing in the rain. They look nervous. Must be up to no good. A surprise. They kiss. More nervous looks. She can’t help but to smile. Teenage love can be so cute. The boys hold hands. Walk away. Gone.

Oh wow. Such a classy lady walks in. Out of place here. The lady orders fries. Doesn’t suit her. Long dress. Hair done. Make-up perfect. Diamond jewellery. Fries and beer? Strange. A tear rolls down her eye. Something must be wrong. The lady takes her diamond ring off. Throws it away. Heartbroken. She feels sorry for the lady. Nothing she can do though. The lady eats and drinks. Pays. Then leaves. Gone. The ring still on the floor.

Another cup of coffee? No more money. It’s late. A young couple about to leave the diner. The boy pays. The girl looks so in love. But scared. The boy holds her tight. Asks her if she’s okay. The girl nods. Lies. He kisses the girl. Leave the diner. Rain. No umbrella. Looks sad. But the boy takes his jacket off. Holds it over the girl’s head. Such a gentleman. The girl puts her hand on her stomach. The boy smiles. Looks proud. She must be pregnant. So young. It will cause problems. But they have each other. They walk away. Out of the street.

Diner is about to close. She doesn’t want to leave. Loves looking at people. Never talks to anyone. No friends. No human contact. Just orders coffee and food sometimes. Here every night. Loves to look in on people’s lives. She can see right through them. Sees the problems. The lies. The truth. The love. She loves to see the love. She dreams of it. Won’t have it. She’ll just keep looking.


a/n: I hope you liked it. If you did, please leave a comment =)
If you want to read more of my stories, please go to http://xpaidxinxfull.livejournal.com/5585.html =)
Sign up to rate and review this story