Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

But, I Knew Better...

by Keliah 1 review

For years, I had watched him from afar...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-09-18 - Updated: 2010-09-18 - 928 words - Complete

1Exciting
Just a little thing I wrote on the spot. I actually quite adore this one, I hope everyone else likes it too. It's a little stalkerish I'll admit, but I wanted to write from a different perspective for this one. Enjoy!

For years, I had watched him from afar.
I've watched him play, I've watched him sing...
And other times, I've just.....watched.
Sure, maybe people thought he wasn't the cutest guy around, but in MY eyes?
He was perfect.
He had this perfect sound to his voice. I could listen to him talk all day. I could listen to him SING all day. And he had a perfect face to match. Sideburns that defined his jawline, green eyes that could blind any girl and soft, delicate lips that I longed to touch.
But he'd never noticed me.
I walked through life, watching and waiting for a chance to talk to this boy.
He always had his friends around him. He was shy, characterized by the hat always secured tightly over his ginger hair.
But I knew he'd never look at me.
I was normal. Nothing special.    
I'd gone to numerous shows, watching him play his guitar and sing. I stared with a deep lust, wanting those hands to touch me someday.
But I knew better.
I never seen him with a girl. The closest thing to a girl that I've seen with him was his best friend. A boy not much taller than him with tons of eyeliner on and jagged black hair. For awhile, I thought I had a chance.
I accidentally ran into him once and only once. I walked down the library stairs as he was walking up with his friends. Books clutched tightly to my chest, I looked down at my feet, hoping not to make a fool of myself. He walked past, his hand gently grazing my arm. I felt a shudder go up my spine as I stopped on the stair. He muttered an apology and walked right by me, never looking back.
I felt like my heart had been torn and thrown to the ground.
I had a chance. That one chance.
Maybe to say hi. Maybe just to accept his apology and go on my way.
But I had that one chance.
And it slipped through my fingers like sand.
He lived across the street from me, his bedroom window across from mine. I would watch him as he would come home. Normal routine. He would throw his bag to the floor and collapse onto his bed. There were days when I would watch him, but lately, I gave up.
I would hear his car pull into his driveway, and I wouldn't even give it a second thought.
I knew he'd never look at me.
I still go to his shows and listen to his band. I watch him with passion-filled eyes, hoping one day he would look out in the crowd and look back at me.
But...I knew better.

----------------------

For years, I watched her from afar.
She's been there all the time.
Everywhere I go.
I don't even know her name.
All the guys thought she wasn't even close to being cute, but in MY eyes? 
She was perfect.
She had these piercing gray eyes. Uncommon, but beautiful. Brown hair that fell just past her shoulders, and glasses that framed her face perfectly.
But, I knew she'd never noticed me.
I've seen her at every show I've played. I've seen her sitting there, out in the crowd.
I could never seem to catch her eye.
I've longed for years to talk to her. Hoping one day, maybe I wouldn't fumble over my words like an idiot. I've wanted to tell how beautiful she was, praying maybe she felt the same in return.
But, I knew she'd never look at me.
I was normal. Nothing special.
I've never seen her with another guy. She's always been alone. But no matter where I went, I seen her face.
Maybe I was delusional. Maybe I was crazy.
Maybe I just wanted this girl.
But I knew better.
I accidentally ran into her once and only once. I was walking up the library stairs with my friends as she was walking down. Books were held tightly to her chest, like she always had. I tried not to make myself look like an idiot. Nervousness got the better of me, causing my hand to bump into her arm. I seen her stop on the stairs. I muttered an apology and quickly walked up the stairs into the library, embarrassed out of my mind. She never looked back.
I felt like my heart had been torn and thrown to the ground.
I had a chance. That one chance.
Maybe to say hi. Maybe just to stop and ask if she was ok.
But I had that one chance.
And I blew it.
She lives right across the street from me. I'd watch her walk into her house, books piled into her hands tightly, wishing I was what she was clinging onto so tightly. I thought maybe I had a chance. I watched her through my window, trying to catch a glimpse of her face. But lately, I'd given up.
I would hear her footsteps on the pavement and I wouldn't even give it a second thought.
I knew she'd never look at me. 
I still play my shows, and sing into the mic, hoping that someday I'll catch her eye and then she'll know:
I'm singing about her.
But...I knew better.
Sign up to rate and review this story