Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Halo

Halo

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Fourth one of my series, "Ghost Doll." Anna's past nightmares come back to haunt her out of the blue for a series of nights. Meanwhile, Tsuzuki begins to fall depressed as his past haunts him again...

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Hisoka,Muraki,Tatsumi,Tsuzuki,Watari - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2010-09-17 - Updated: 2010-09-18 - 1000 words - Complete

0Unrated


Halo

Chapter One: Incubus Bait:

August 1st, 2004.

Anna couldn’t sleep that night. She laid awake in her guest bed in Clare’s beach house. The reliable tricks to help her sleep failed tonight as she stared at the ceiling. /Always looked the same—even after college/, she thought. This was supposed to be a celebration before she, Becky, and Willow went to grad school, but yet parties weren’t Anna’s thing. She just wanted a quiet summer this year, but the former Photo Club saw to it otherwise. Anna didn’t bother to fight back; they don’t listen anyway.

Anna looked out the window. The beach had a calm appearance tonight; it was probably cool. She thought about her forming idea as she watched the scenery. /Maybe/, Anna thought. She sat up as if in a trance, climbed out of bed, and left the room.

In a minute, the woman found herself outside on the beach. The trip seemed like a hazy blur to her mind. Anna looked around her. Though her actions were random, a sense of calm filled her. She shut her eyes and slowly took in the ocean night sounds. They felt like a massage to the ears that calmed her buzzing mind. She could feel her body rising with the waves before her.

Suddenly, a small moan broke her nirvana. Anna opened her eyes and looked around. No one was in sight. She began to think that she was hearing things. The moan came again and Anna strained for a listen.

Who else is here?/, she thought, /I thought this was a private beach. Curious, she followed the sounds further down the beach. She came to a patch of grass and found two figures were huddled over on the sand. She narrowed her eyes for a better look. To her, it looked like a couple having sex on the beach. Anna thought about going back to her room to give them some privacy; however, something else caught her eye.

The woman on the ground had wings on her back. To Anna’s surprise, she wasn’t dreaming. This woman had on a white halter dress and two big white wings. Anna couldn’t grasp what was unfolding before her. /An angel?/, she thought. More followed with that revelation as Anna noticed that the angel was looking up in a teary fear. The man lied on top of her smirking as he lightly stroked his victim’s cheek in an ironic mocking way.

“There, there,” he whispered, “It’ll all be over soon.” The angel whimpered at him.

“You’re hurting me,” she whispered.

“I know,” he hissed. The man bit into her wing and ripped it off. The angel cried in pain as the shirtless man licked his lips. Her agony turned him on.

“Yes, that’s it!” he moaned out, “Scream for me!” The man ate up her other wing before he next moved to her chest and bit down. The angel cried out in pain; this time, her voice was breathless. The violent nature of the rape and feast escalated faster and longer. He found it so easy to kill his prey. His teeth found her throat and ripped it out with such force. He licked up her cherry wine blood from his face. The angel lied there like a broken doll, naked and covered in blood.

Anna started backing away with a pale face and wide eyes. Instinct screamed at her to phone the police, but her body wouldn’t budge fast enough. Pretty soon, the man looked up and saw her.

>Oh shit!/, she thought as she froze up with big eyes, /He saw me! The man suddenly disappeared and reappeared right in front of her fully clothed in black. Anna slowly looked up trembling as she swallowed. The man looked about thirty with his skin whiter than snow. He had a strange and dark elegance to him. Too bad Anna couldn’t see that due to his “meal” earlier. The man smirked at her as he gently took her by her left wrist. Anna tried to back away from him as she looked around for an escape. He forced her attention on him again.

“My dear,” the man said in a low voice. He took her hand and kissed it. Anna shuddered at his touch. His voice flooded her mind.

“/I will devour you the next time we meet,/” he told her, But tonight… The man pulled back and let go.

August 2nd, 2009.

Anna awoke panting in a cold sweat. She shut her eyes to calm herself down. They were starting again, but the last nightmare was on New Year’s Day of 2005. She hadn’t seen that man since that night. Why was she even dreaming about that night all over again? Anna looked down next to her. Tsuzuki was lost in a heavy peaceful sleep. The woman gave him a kind, little smile.

/Asato-kun…/, she thought. The woman lightly stroked his cheek with her fingertips. Her mind came back to her nightmares. Something told Anna they weren’t going away again. Anna climbed out of the futon and walked over to her desk. The woman pulled out her diary from her drawer and began writing.

August 2nd, 2009:

They are starting again; I am seeing that night in my dreams. It’s like a movie in hi-def: The feathers all over the sand, the blood, her eaten, soulless body, his voice in my head, him kissing my hand…

Anna paused and trembled at her words. She forced herself to keep writing.

Why are they coming back after so long? Is he coming back for me? No, please! I don’t want to die again! I still have to get revenge. I can’t forget what he said to me that night. “I will devour you the next time we meet, but tonight, I will let you go.”

Anna looked into the darkness as she suddenly felt cold.
Sign up to rate and review this story