Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Wish Upon A Star

Prologue - A Shooting Star

by BrambleIceweb 5 reviews

One night, a lonely Edward Cullen wishes on a falling star to help him find his mate. He never expected the star to take a physical form to try to grant his wish, nor did he expect to start to deve...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2010-09-24 - Updated: 2010-09-30 - 743 words

-1TrainWreck
Prologue – A Shooting Star



"I wish for you on a falling star, wondering where you are."




/Edward/\Harry\

“Edward, are you all right?”

Edward Cullen turned around, offering his father a tiny smile. The moonlight slipped into his bedroom silently, casting shadows and illuminating Carlisle’s face slightly. “I’m fine,” he replied softly. “Just thinking.”

Carlisle smiled back, stepping fully into the room. “Penny for your thoughts?”

Edward sighed and opened the doors to his patio before walking out, knowing Carlisle would follow. He leaned on the rail slightly and stared at the beautiful, starry black sky. It was silent for a few moments before Edward unnecessarily licked his cold lips and began to speak. “Are they out there, Carlisle?”

Carlisle knew what he was talking about and felt his dead heart flutter sadly and replied, “I’m positive they are, son.”

Edward didn’t reply immediately. “I’ve been waiting so long…” he said mournfully. “I wonder if I missed my chance…”

“Don’t say that,” Carlisle admonished gently. “You don’t know that.”

Edward tilted his head toward his father. “What if they have someone else?”

“It’s not possible.”

“How are you so sure?” Edward pressed.

Carlisle walked over and embraced Edward in a hug, ignoring the clashing sound of stone on stone. “You’re an amazing person, Edward,” he said strongly. “I know how you feel about our vampirism and though I disagree with your lacking a soul, I refuse to believe that a kind and gentle man like you deserves to be alone for all of eternity.”

“I’ve killed people,” Edward pointed out with sad eyes. “What if I disgust them?”

“You won’t; you made mistakes and you’ve learned from them. It takes a truly compassionate being to choose a different, more difficult way of life because it’s the right thing to do. You will find your mate, Edward. Try to be a little more patient.”

Edward swallowed the venom that built up in his throat. “I’ll try,” he murmured. “It’s just…I want them, Carlisle. I want them now.”

Carlisle pulled away and smiled. “You’ll have them before you know it, and I’m sure they’d be worth the wait.” He paused and then continued with an amused expression, “Them?”

Edward looked at the sky again and grinned wistfully. “I just want someone to love me,” he said softly. “I want to get to know and love my mate, regardless of their gender; something like that holds little importance.”

Carlisle nodded his head, pleased with Edward’s answer. “As long as they make you happy, you’ll find no objections from us.”

Edward let out a soft sigh of appreciation. “That means a lot to me,” he said. “My…biological father…he wouldn’t have been pleased with my preference. Or rather, he would have demanded my preference was strictly girls.”

“You needn’t fear rejection for something like that, Edward. We’re a family and family sticks together—regardless of any disputes we may have,” Carlisle assured him.

“Thank you; talking helped more than I thought it would.” Edward said honestly.

“You should do it more,” Carlisle teased. “Will you join us downstairs? Alice and Emmett are playing PacMan again; you know how amusing it is to watch them.”

Edward chuckled, nodding his head. “I’ll be down in a minute.”

Satisfied, Carlisle left his bedroom. Edward glanced at the sky once again, smiling up at them; he really did feel better. It was as if a weight lifted from his chest and, though the pang of loneliness still resided within him, it was more bearable. He turned to leave when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Pausing, Edward gasped delightedly.

A shooting star had passed.

Edward contemplated himself briefly before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. ‘Please,’ he wished gently, ‘please help me find someone to love; help me find my mate, wherever they are.’

“Edward, are you coming?” Alice yelled from the living room. “You’re missing Emmett getting his butt kicked!”

“She’s lying!” Emmett retorted.

Edward laughed softly before replying, “I’m coming!”

He walked out of his bedroom without a second glance. Unbeknownst to Edward, the shooting star that had flew past his house abruptly changed its course, glowing a soft, acidic green, and landing only miles away, ready to grant the lonely vampire’s wish.
Sign up to rate and review this story