Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Never Seen You Cry

by Dr-Giggles 15 reviews

Frank feels their friendship will never be complete, until he sees Gerard cry.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-10-14 - Updated: 2010-10-14 - 3069 words - Complete

5Ambiance
“For the last time, Frank, I’m not going to let you kick me in the balls!”

“But it’s for the sake of our friendship, Gerard.”

“No!”

Frank just sat at the edge of Gerard’s bed, crossed his arms over his chest and pouted while his best friend sat at the other end with a copy of Doom Patrol in his lap.

Gerard rolled his eyes, “Seriously, Frankie, it’s not even that big of a deal.”

Frank’s jaw dropped and he gasped, “Not that big of a deal?! It’s so unfair. You’ve seen me cry, like, a billion times, and I’ve never seen you cry once.”

“I just don’t cry in front of people. Give it a break,” Gerard explained, his eyes scanning his comic, “Fuck, I don’t even think my mom has seen me cry.”

“That’s so unnatural. I can‘t get over how unnatural that is.”

“It’s not unnatural.”

“Are you incapable of emotions?”

“Frank.”

“Are you a robot?!”

“Cut it out!” Gerard whined, “Besides, what kind of friend are you? Are you saying you want me to cry? You want me to be so miserable that I start crying my eyes out in front of you?”

“Yes!”

“You suck.”

“No, that‘s not what I meant,” Frank said, crawling over and jumping in Gerard’s lap. Gerard gave up on reading and tossed his comic book to the side, “I don’t want you to be sad. I just think it’s only fair that I should get to see you cry when you’ve seen me cry. Seriously. I feel that this friendship is never going to be complete until I see you cry.”

“Oh, my god,” Gerard groaned, hitting Frank up the side of the head, “You‘re so fucking weird.”

“So are you.”

“Not the point.”

“Totally the point. You can’t get over how much it’s the point.”

“You suck.”

“Your mom.”

Frank!” gaped Gerard, before dramatically hitting his head against the headboard of his bed, “Okay, I’ve got a proposition for you. If you can promise me you’ll never say anything like that again, then, the next time I’m crying, you’ll be the first to know.”

Frank squinted his eyes at him, “Promise?”

“Pinky promise,” Gerard said, “That shit is legit.”

“Okay,” Frank smiled, before locking pinkies with his best friend.

“Good, now get the fuck off me, I have to get out of here. So do you.” Gerard said, gently pushing Frank off his lap.

“Aww,” Frank whined, “Where are you going? I wanted to hang out more.”

“Me and Kayla are going out tonight,” Gerard said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world, “And I need to get ready, so piss off?”

“Some best friend you are,” Frank mumbled, grabbing his bag, “Ditching me for your stupid girlfriend.”

Frank didn’t like Kayla, and his best friend was well aware. Gerard had been going out with her for 6 months, but she just didn’t seem like his type. Too girly, too fake, too blonde, too tan. Frank had a theory that if he kept telling her how good it looked, slowly but surely, she would turn into an oompa loompa. Then she would be taken away to Willy Wonka’s factory forever and never bother Frank or Gerard again. It wasn’t that Frank was jealous, he just thinks Gerard could do better. So much better.

“Come on, man, be cool. I’ll talk to you later, alright?” Gerard said, pulling Frank into a one-armed hug.

“Yeah, yeah,” Frank said, half-heartedly returning it, “Use condoms or whatever.”

“Get out, Frank.”

“Getting out,” Frank closed the basement door behind him and walked up the stairs, and called out while he was putting his converse back on, “Bye, Mikey!”

He heard a faint, “Bye” in response and walked outside, back to his house.


*


Point me to the sky above.
I can’t get there on my own.
Walk me to the graveyard.
Dig up her bones.


Frank lay on his bed, being incredibly bored while listening to The Misfits. He stared at his plain, white ceiling, which was unlike the rest of the walls in his room. All over his walls were band posters, pictures, drawings, and even some sheet music by Mozart or something. His guitar lay next to his bed, ready for him to grab and play at any given moment. Frank loved his room. It was his favorite place to be, apart from Gerard’s room.

Gerard’s room just owns.

Jumping, Frank is scared out of his boredom when his cell phone vibrates in his pocket. He sees he has a new message.

--


Sender: Gee
Time received: 10:24pm


wanna cum ova? xxg

-

Sender: Frankie
Time received: 10:26pm


probs cant sneak out til l8tr. maybe then? xxf

-

Sender: Gee
Time received: 10:29pm


fuck. thought u might wanna cum now.

-

Sender: Frankie
Time received: 10:30pm


why why why?! do i get a surprise?

-

Sender: Gee
Time received: 10:32pm


just keeping the promise i made be4.

-

Sender: Frankie
Time received: 10:33pm


…ur crying? wtf. r u okay?!

-

Sender: Gee
Time received: 10:35pm


no. plz come ova? i kinda need u.

-

Sender: Frankie
Time received: 10:36pm


fuck. of course man ill b right there.

--

In a flash, Frank threw his phone to the side and was off his bed and pulling on decent clothes. He felt a little guilty. He went on for ages about wanting to see Gerard cry and now he was and Frank was more concerned about why he was crying rather than the fact he was actually crying.

“Fucking karma,” Frank mumbled as he pulled his baggy Black Flag hoodie on, “Shit.”

He went to his door, and listened for any movement downstairs, indicating that his parents were still up and about. After around 15 seconds of silence, he deemed it safe to leave. Frank was halfway down the stairs when he suddenly did hear movement. From the kitchen. Which is right next to the front door.

Shit.

Frank quickly bolted back up the stairs and into his room, where he quickly leaned out his window. It wasn’t too much of a drop down. He might get that thing where you hit the ground to hard and then your joints ache for a few seconds, but that was probably it. So, Frank carefully lifted himself out the window, and let go.

When he hit the ground, he didn’t land on his feet. He landed on his hands and knees. Hissing at the impact, he leaned back on his shins and inspected his hands. The damage wasn’t so bad, except for one of his palms bleeding. A lot. Frank quickly shrugged it off, and got back to business as he ran down the street to Gerard’s house.


*


Frank knew knocking on the front door would be a bad idea because Gerard’s parents don’t like them having visitors knocking without warning, late at night. The Way family is awkward like that. So, Frank runs around the back of their house, and opens the basement window. He can see Gerard curled up on his bed and his back is rising and falling rapidly.

Frank slides himself in and lands on the floor.

On his feet this time.

“Gee,” Frank said, softly, slipping off his shoes, and approaching the bed, “Hey, man. What’s wrong?”

Gerard doesn’t look at Frank until he’s resorted to climbing in the bed next to Gerard, and lovingly rubbing his shoulder. He slowly turns on his side, facing Frank with red eyes and tear streaks down his cheeks.

“Fuck, man. What happened?” Frank asked, holding his arm. He immediately regretted wanting to see Gerard cry. He didn’t know it would make him that sad too.

“Kayla dumped me,” Gerard said, quietly.

“Shit,” Frank whispered before pulling Gerard’s body to his, “I’m sorry, man.”

“It’s okay,” Gerard croaked, melting into Frank’s arms, “She was a bitch, after all that time. But still…I mean, her dumping me isn’t the biggest problem.”

“Then what is?”

How she dumped me.”

Frank felt anger lurking at the back of his mind as he wondered what that bitch did to his best friend, “How did she dump you?”

Gerard opened his mouth to try and say something, but all that came out was choked sob into Frank’s shoulder. Frank frowned and hugged him closer, rubbing his back and trying to think of something to say, “You - you don’t have to tell me, Gee. It’s alright. You don’t have to say anything.”

But after he stopped sobbing so hard, Gerard did explain, and when he finished, Frank was ready to cut some throats.

Apparently, Gerard took Kayla to the mall to see a movie. Everything was going fine until afterward, they were approached by Kayla’s friends. Gerard was confused at first because he thought they would be alone on this date, and even more so, all her friends were giving knowing smirks and suspicious glances. Gerard gave Kayla a questioning look, but she just smiled back like nothing was wrong. It was when her friends started talking to them that Gerard was starting to really panic.

“Okay, Kayla,” One of her male friends said, “Times up. You win. I’ll pay up. You know what you have to do to get extra.”

“Kayla,” Gerard asked, quietly, “What’s he talking about?”

“Sorry, Gerard,” Kayla said to him, but the look on her face was anything but apologetic. In fact, she looked rather triumphant and Gerard wanted to know why, “But these past six months, have been hell. Seriously, dude. I never even wanted to go out with you.”

Gerard could feel his face pale, “W-What?”

“Okay, let me break it down for you,” Kayla smiled in a very condescending way, “I only went out with you because these guys were paying me. It was a bet. I get $150 for every month I’ve spent with you. Six is where I draw the line. So, yeah, we’re over, in case you hadn’t picked up on that already.”

Gerard was in shock, but at the same time, he swore, he could feel his heart sinking lower than his stomach. He felt like he was going to be sick, “Y-You can’t be -”

“I’m incredibly serious, Gerard,” Kayla laughed, “Are you kidding? Me? Actually wanting someone like you? Dream on, loser.”

Gerard’s hand started to tremble, and he decided to leave with what was left of his dignity, because all Kayla’s friends were already laughing so loud at Gerard that other people in the mall were starting to stare. Just as he stood up and turned to leave, Kayla stopped him.

“Wait,” She said, grabbing his arm, “There’s just one more thing. I’m sure you won’t mind, because, you know, you can’t sink any lower. Anyway, I get extra, if I let Damien do this.”

“Do what?” Gerard croaked.

Then suddenly a guy, Damien, he assumed, stepped forward with a large cup. Before Gerard could fully grasp and react to what he knew was about to happen, he was soaked in his hair and shirt in coke. Everyone erupted with laughter, even some bystanders in the mall, and Gerard just looked at Kayla with a heartbroken look.

“Y-You said you loved me,” He whispered.

“I lied,” Kayla laughed, “Bye, Gerard.”

Then he left. And he didn’t cry until he came home, and texted Frank.


“Oh, my fucking god,” Frank gritted out, not believing the rage he was feeling, “Gerard, I swear to god, I’ll kill them. I’ll kill every single one of them. Fuck.”

“Don’t,” Gerard said through his tears, “I don’t want you to go to jail.”

“I’ll gladly fucking go if it means those motherfuckers get what they deserve,” Frank snapped back, “I can’t believe that did that to you.”

“Please stop being angry, Frankie,” Gerard pleaded quietly, “You know I hate it when you get mad.”

Frank bit his tongue, feeling guilty. He realized he shouldn’t be getting so overly mad when his best friend just had his heart broken, “Sorry,” He whispered, lifting his hand to stroke Gerard’s cheek, “I just care about you so fucking much, man.”

“Thanks,” Gerard gave a small smile, and covered Frank’s hand with his own, but he soon frowned, “Why is your hand wet?”

Frank suddenly remembered, and realized he’d been stroking his best friends face with blood on his hand.

He’d been stroking his best friends face. What is this?

“Frank?”

“Oh, right, sorry,” Frank said, pulling his hand away, cringing at the mark it left on Gerard’s cheek, “I landed on my hands when I jumped out the window to get here.”

“You jumped out a window?” Gerard giggled softly.

“You were crying,” Frank replied, “Of course I did.”

“You jumped out a window for me?”

“Of course I did,” Frank repeated, smiling softly at the look of gratitude on Gerard’s face.

Gerard laughed lightly, wiping his eyes from drying tears that stopped a few minutes ago, “Well, come on. I’ll help you clean it up so you don’t get infected and lose an arm.”

Frank grinned, “But that could be good. Maybe a could get a replacement that’s, like, a robot hand or something.”

“With gadgets and everything.”

“Flame throwers.”

“Mini-missiles.”

“Laser beams.”

“A flashlight.”

“A flashlight?” Frank giggled as they got out of the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

“You never know when you might need one,” Gerard smiled back, “They can come in very handy.”

Gerard sat Frank down on the edge of the bathtub while he ran a cloth under some water. After he scrubbed the blood off his face, he turned to Frank and kneeled in front of him, carefully taking his hand and dabbing it with the cloth.

Frank hissed.

“Shit, sorry,” Gerard mumbled, “It’s just water.”

“I know,” Frank gritted, “But damn.”

Eventually, Gerard got his hand clean which had been slightly difficult because over time, the blood dried and clotted. But his hand was clean, and Gerard was nice enough to stick a bandage over it too.

“There,” Gerard smiled, holding Frank’s hand.

“Thanks,” Frank started, but stopped when Gerard kissed the bandage on his hand.

Gerard had this weird look on his face after he did it. Frank looked at him when Gerard met his eyes. Neither of them moved. Frank didn’t know what he was feeling at that moment, but it was weird. The slightest sign of affection made him feel dizzy, but in a good way. He kind of wanted Gerard to keep going. Eventually, after moments of staring at each other, Gerard did. Very hesitantly, he moved his lips to Frank’s wrist, looking up at him again, almost asking for permission. Frank gave a slight nod to him, and Gerard kept kissing up Frank’s arm until he reach the sleeve of his shirt. He then let go of Frank’s arms and slowly and softly moved his arms to Frank’s shoulders. Frank lifted his hands to Gerard’s arms and stared into his eyes, fascinated with this new feeling in his chest. Gerard slowly leaned towards Frank’s face.

“…I-Is it okay,” Gerard visibly gulped, “If I kiss you, right now?”

“Yeah,” Frank whispered, and nodded his head, “Yeah.”

Gerard let out a small breath of relief, before leaning in the rest of the way, closing his eyes and softly pressing his lips against Frank’s. Suddenly, Frank felt so overwhelmed with this new feeling, he felt like he could cry, but instead, he also closed his eyes, slinked his arms around Gerard’s waist and pulled him closer, as they both opened their mouths wider at the same time, and Gerard wrapped his arms around Frank‘s neck. Gerard released a soft moan when Frank’s tongue collided with his. Frank sucked in a huge breath from his nose as their kisses started to get more passionate and more frantic. Eventually, they both pulled apart for air, and leaned their foreheads against one another’s.

“What did we just do?” Gerard asked, panting.

“I don’t know,” Frank replied, “But…I liked it. Did you?”

“I fucking loved it,” Gerard laughed, standing up and pulling Frank with him, “Come on.”

Frank followed as Gerard lead them back to his bed. Frank wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do as this point, so he waited for Gerard to say something.

“C’mere,” Gerard murmured, once he had lay down, and patted the space next to him.

Frank climbed in next to him and the second Gerard tugged on his arm, he curled up right into it, fitting perfectly, “How much just changed?”

“A lot,” Gerard said, stroking Frank’s hair, “I didn’t even, like…know, but then that happened, and it just, like, happened. I didn't know I wanted it to until it did.”

“You’re a genius with words, Gee,” Frank mumbled into his chest, “But, yeah…I get it. I just, didn’t even realize this is how I felt until that happened.”

“It’s kinda awesome.”

“It is.”

“It might be creepy to say this, right now, but we’ve been friends for years, and we’ve never said it,” Gerard said, touching Frank’s chin and looking into his eyes, “I love you.”

Frank smiled, and kissed Gerard again, murmuring against his lips, “I love you too.”

Eventually, they both settled down enough to stay cuddling. They were very near sleep, and Frank didn’t give a shit that his parents would be pissed tomorrow.

“Gee,” Frank whispered, “I’ve changed my mind about one thing.”

“What is it?”

“I hope I never have to see you cry again in my life,” Frank said, giving Gerard a kiss on the neck before they both fell asleep.


Rate and Review?
xo, I love you guys.

P.S. HOW AWESOME IS THE 'NA NA NA' MUSIC VIDEO?! freaks out over how kick-ass it is
Sign up to rate and review this story