Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ...I Promise

Epilogue

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-10-20 - Updated: 2010-10-20 - 1227 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nikki's POV

“God...” I squeezed Jacob's arm as another horrendous cramp ran through my body, “This is getting to be unbearable...” I shook my head, “It hurts more than it should...”

Jacob sighed, “Now do you want to go to the hospital?” He wrapped his arms around me, “You're all sweaty... and you feel hot...”

I nodded, “Yea... I feel like I'm dying.” I squeezed him and cried out in pain as yet another cramp surged through me.

He nodded, “Come on...” He picked me up and carried me outside to his car. Somehow he managed to open the car door and get me inside.

I waited in agony while he ran around the car. When he had finally sat down and was starting the car, I cried out again, “I think they're getting worse...” I panted.

He nodded, “I can tell...” he paused, “Do you want to call your dad?”

I shook my head, “I can't. He's with Frank... they went somewhere.”

He sighed, “I hope it's nothing to serious...”

I nodded, “Me too.”

I grabbed onto the door handle and squeezed it every time another cramp went through me. When I saw the hospital getting closer, I started breathing easier.

A few seconds after Jacob parked the car in the parking lot, I screamed out in pain again.

He ran to me and quickly got me out of the car, “Everything will be okay...” He ran inside, carrying me. He ran into the building and went to the nurses station, “She's complaining of extremely bad cramps... and she's all sweaty and I think she might have a fever.”

The nurse nodded, “I call a doctor right away.” She turned around.

Jacob walked to the chairs and sat down. I wrapped my arms around him. I could feel tears falling down my face, “Jacob... I love you.”

He smiled and pressed his lips to mine, “I love you too.”

Just then another cramp went through my body, it was the worst one yet. I squeezed Jacob until it passed. He wrapped his arms tightly around me, “A doctor is on his way...” he smiled, “There he is, right now.”

I looked to where he was looking and let out a sigh of relief. The doctor was walking towards us. When he saw us he frowned, “Are you the one complaining of cramps?”

I nodded, “Yea. Unfortunately.”

He nodded, “Alright, you two may follow me in here.” he led us into the emergency room. I sat down on the bed that he stopped in front of and Jacob stood beside me, holding my hand.

He sighed, “Miss, is there anyway you may be... pregnant...?” He hesitated saying the last word.

I shook my head, “No... I was, but we lost it a while ago...”

He nodded again, “Well, if you hadn't have lost the baby, how far along would be be right now?”

“Umm...” I shook my head, “Eight or nine months?”

He nodded, “We'll do a urine test just to make sure. We can go on from there.” he handed me a little cup.

I sighed and Jacob helped me to the bathroom. It didn't take long for me to fill up the cup. I had been going to the bathroom a lot lately...

When I was finished, I walked out of the bathroom, with Jacob's help and he helped me sit back down. The doctor took the cup and left us alone.

Jacob sighed, “I wonder why he asked about you being pregnant...”

Another pain surged through my body, “I have no idea...”

“How about you lay down?” he suggested.

I nodded, “Good idea.” I leaned back on the bed. I looked down at my stomach, “Do I look pregnant?”

Jacob raised his eyebrows, “No. You're skinny as a rail.” he laughed.

I nodded and was about to say something when the doctor ran back into the room, following him were a few other people. The doctor grabbed my hand, “Congratulations!”

I looked at Jacob, “What...?” I asked.

The doctor sighed, “You're pregnant...”

One of the other doctors nodded, “And to make matters worse, you're in labor.”

I looked at Jacob, my eyes wide, “No...” I shook my head, “That's impossible. I can't be pregnant!” I felt tears falling down my face.

The other doctor sighed and looked at Jacob, “If you want to be with here, put on some scrubs. We're taking her in right now.”

Jacob nodded. I could tell that he was stunned. I watched him as he quickly put the scrubs on over his clothes. When he was finished he grabbed my hand, “Nikki, I love you.” I could see tears falling down his face.

“I love you, too, Jay.”

--

I shook my head, “How the hell am I supposed to tell my dad...?”

Jacob shrugged, “I don't know... We can either wait to do it when he gets back, or we can call him.”

“I think we should wait...” I smirked, “Make it a surprise.”

He laughed, “Yea. That's a great idea.”

I sighed, “I wonder what's going on... I mean, as soon as it came out, they rushed it out of here...” I paused, tears building, “What if something happened?”

He shook his head and grabbed my hand, “No matter what happened, we'll find a way to get through it.”

I nodded, “I know...” I smiled, wiping the tears from my eyes, “You know, I never wanted to be one of those teenage moms. I always told myself that I would give it up for adoption...” I paused, “But now that I've actually given birth to a kid, I want to have it in my life...”

“I want it too...” I sighed, “I hate calling it an it... but we have to. They didn't tell us the sex of the baby.”

I was about to open my mouth to say something when the door opened. One of the nurses walked in, smiling, holding a baby in her arms, “Congratulations.”

She handed me the baby, “It's a girl.”

I smiled, tears filling my eyes. She smiled wider and left us alone.

Jacob leaned over to see her a little better and smiled, “She's so beautiful.” he paused, “Just like her mother.”

The door then again opened. This time, the doctor walked in. He frowned, “I'm sorry for interupting, but didn't you say you were 8 or 9 months along?”

I nodded, “Yea... why?”

He sighed, “That baby is only about 6 months.”

“Oh...” I replied, stunned.

The doctor nodded and left the room. I looked at Jacob, “I was raped about 8 or 9 months ago, right...?”

He nodded, “Yea...” He smiled, “but he said the baby was only 6 months... Think about what happened six months ago...”

I shook my head, “I don't know... what happened?”

He smiled and grabbed my hand, “That baby isn't Bert's... It's mine.”

I shook my head, tears falling from my eyes, “It's like we were supposed to have a baby together...”

He nodded, “I guess this is the start to our family.” he paused, smiling, “If I would have known you were pregnant, I would have bought the ring to go with this... but,” he paused, getting down on one knee next to the bed.

I felt the tears fall heavier as I realized what was happening.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, “Nikki, will you marry me?”
Sign up to rate and review this story