Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > I am what I am

Chapter 2

by Amara 0 reviews

Kai's and Jess's relationship heats up but will it last?

Category: Beyblade - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kai - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-05-07 - Updated: 2006-05-07 - 2478 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Do not own Beyblades, or any song lyrics I may use in later chapters. But I do own Jess.

Chapter 3

_______Talas POV______

Kate was standing right in front of me, I took a deep breath. "Hi Tala." She smiled at me like we were still together. "Uh, hi." This was really uncomfortable, this is going to sound really weak, like I'm this pathetic little worm who need help but where the hell is Jess!!!! With her just standing here I would have the strength to say 'fuck off' but no, I had to stand here and look like a dork. I was contemplating ways to get out of this situation when I felt a soft hand be placed on my shoulder, the hand was removed and beside me stood Jess and Kai. THANK GOD!!!! Jess looked levelly at Kate, "Can we help you with anything or are you just standing there trying to collect dust?" I watched Kates face turn into an ugly sneer. "That's what I like about you Jess, you've got a great sense of humour." God where did this bitch get off insulting my sister right in front of me "Well we can't all be as lucky as me, now can we?" Jess quipped. I watched Kates face change expression yet again, now she just looked confused, Kate turned on her slutty heal and stormed off.
Kai gave Jess a pat on the back and kiss on the top of her head. Then someone spoke sounding very irate, it was the first time any of us had realised that Hillary was still standing in front of us. "Kai, what the hell are you doing? Come and walk me to class." I watched Kais features tighten. "No, you're a big girl you won't get lost." He put his hand on Jess's shoulder and turned her around and they walked off to Jess's locker. I took one last look at Hillary and followed.

"So why did you come back?" I asked Jess

"My spidie senses told me you needed help." She said smiling broadly.

I quirked an eyebrow in question.

"Okay I forgot a book, happy?" she snapped

"Well it was better than the first answer."
The bell rang- bbbrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

"You better get to class." I told her.

"I know I'm going." She let out a sigh.

"Do you want us to walk you?" Kai asked Jess. It was funny it was like he actually liked her. HOLD ON, why did I not see this before? Kai could have gotten any girl to be his 'girlfriend' but he chose Jess, sure it was just a trick but still. If he hurts her I'm going to kick his arse. I'll have to ask some questions and lay down the lay later. Jess closed her locker and walked down the hall and into her care class.

The first two classes of the day were pretty boring. I spent them thinking of questions to ask Kai and how he would answer them, the latter was what I was having trouble with. Kai was unpredictable. Trying to guess his answers was like trying to fly without wings. In other words impossible.

________End Talas POV_______

_________Kais POV__________

I sat trying to concentrate on my work but I kept getting distracted, guess who! For some reason I kept thinking about when Jess kissed me this morning. She was, is so strong I don't know how she can even let me touch her after what happened to her, a little light globe popped on in my head, 'she lets you touch her because she trusts you.' I glanced over at Tala to see what he was doing, he looked to be staring off into space but he was thinking, this was his usual thinking pose, it is kind of funny that such a cool and popular guy can look so much like a loner. I guess he was thinking about what happened with Kate this morning. He had changed a lot since he broke up with Kate, for the better mostly but his attitude towards any female that wasn't Jess needed some work. It was like he had no respect for them and that they begged to be used. In some cases that was true, take Hillary for example. That girl would fuck a dog if she couldn't find a guy. And she expected me to fall madly in love with her just because her daddy brought her a boob job and she was rich, Kate was exactly the same but she isn't as dumb as Hillary, Kate knows how to manipulate people. Tala and I had more money then they did but they kept trying, that's why I find it funny to watch Jess and Tala together, like this morning when Jess wanted money Tala wouldn't give it to her, not because he was mean but because he cared and understood what happened when you get what you want all the time. If she ever needed anything all she would have to do is ask either Tala or I and she knew that but I think they enjoy the little game. You had to give Tala credit, he was teaching Jess discipline and having fun at the same time. There were very few brothers and sisters a close as Jess and Tala. I suppose it was because they lost their parents when they were young, they had to live with an aunt and uncle until Tala turned eighteen and collected all the inheritance then they could leave. That was where Jess as abused, for about five years after the abuse started she had to live in that house and the day Tala turned eighteen he went out and brought a house and got Jess the hell out of there. She had counselling for a few months and I think she is ok now but I know she still has bad dreams but she never talks about them. When I stay over I sleep in a room next to Jess's and nearly every night I'm there I wake up to hear her screaming and yelling in her sleep. I think it is just her minds was of dealing with what happened to her because when she comes down to breakfast she is fine and all smiles. I checked my watch. Good 11:05 the bell will go soon time to have some fun.

______End Kais POV_______


______Jess's POV______

Bbbbbbbbbbrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
The bell went. "yah", lunch time. I headed out of the class and towards the cafeteria, sure cafeteria food was crap but I could eat the arse out of a flock of low flying ducks, in other words really, really, REALLY HUNGRY. I rounded a corner where a fist came in contact with my left eye, to be more precise Hillary's fist came into contact with my left eye. Ouch!!! When my vision cleared I looked at Hillary and then past her to Kate 'stupid bitch'. Hillary looked as if she was going to hit me again so I went into the defensive stance Tala and Kai taught me. She didn't hit me again but she hissed at me instead. "Stay the fuck away from Kai, got it?" I pushed her arm, which had previously been blocking me out of the way and continued to the cafeteria not saying a word. I went to sit with my friends in the caff and they all asked why I had a nice shiner on my left eye. I told them and Emily had to hold Mariah back from going and bashing the shit out of the stupid slut. Around half way through lunch Kai came over, he was walking towards me from the opposite side of the table so I put my head down so he couldn't see the bruise on my left eye. He came and sat beside me. I leaned further forward so my hair covered my face.

"Hi." My voice was cheery and it sounded like I was smiling.

Kai was silent for a moment before answering. "Hi."

"Can I help you with something?"

"Yeah could you come and sit at my table for a while?" he asked putting his hand on mine which just happened to be in my lap.

"Uh, I don't think that would be a very good idea."

"Why not, don't you want to go shopping?" he joked. Yeah Kai jokes what was the world coming to.

I lifted my head and turned to face Kai. "That's why." I said tucking my hair behind my ear so he could see my face.

"What the hell!" he reached out and touched my face gently.

"I'll give you three guesses."

He let out a sigh. "Hillary."

"Well aren't you a smart cookie, you got it in one!" I got up from the table and walked off leaving Kai with my friends. The bell would ring soon and I wanted to see what my face looked like. I headed for the nearest bathroom, pushed the door open and stood in front of the mirror. 'Well isn't that a bitch, I looked like a raccoon. Just peachy!' I'm not a vane person but I do carry around some make up in case of an emergency and I my book this defiantly classed as an emergency. There wasn't much I could do about the swelling right now but I dabbed some concealer over the bruise and finished it off with some powder. It was a bit better but you could still see it.

The rest of the day passed by very vvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy slowly. I was pointed at and all of my teachers, thinking they could help made me stay behind after class so we could have a little chat. I was just SO glad to get home. I had a free period last lesson so by the time Tala and Kai got home I was showered and sitting with an ice pack on my face contemplating what to cook for dinner. I'd avoided Tala all afternoon so he didn't know about my face.

Tala and Kai walked in five minutes later.

"What happened to your face?" he said crossing the room and removing the ice pack off of my face.

"Someone pushed me and I hit my eye on my locker." I said trying to sound convincing.

"If you hit your face on your locker you would have a much smaller bruise if one at all."

I looked at Tala for a minute not answering and so Kai decided to do it for me.

"Hillary hit her just before lunch." Kai was already out side before Tala could answer to he turned on me.

"She hit you?" he looked slightly annoyed.

I didn't want to be having the conversation so I looked the other way.

"Jess" Talas voice was stern.

" ALRIGHT she hit me, ok" I got up for no reason I just couldn't sit there with him watching me anymore.

"Why?"

"Ah, have a guess!" I hate getting angry at Tala, and I don't even know why I am angry with him I just am.

"Does Kai know?"

"I didn't tell him anything apart from the fact that it was Hillary that hit me, he's a bright boy I'm sure he connected the dots." I got up from the couch and headed into the kitchen to see what we had for dinner, I wasn't really in the mood for cooking so we would probably just get take out. Besides we need to go shopping. I like our house, it is soo much better that living with my aunt and uncle, it has taken us a while but it feels like home now. It isn't a huge, big mansion like where Kai lives all by himself since his grandfather passed away. I thought he would be sad when he died but he was fine oh'well, anyway I love our place it only has four bedrooms but they are big, there are five bathrooms, a den, a lounge room, a dining room, a kitchen and a triple lock up garage. Well I suppose it is pretty big but it is smaller than where we used to live and we can manage the housework. Like if I cook dinner Tala will wash up and every two weeks all the cleaning gets done, i.e. vacuuming, floor washing, bathrooms, the washing and ironing gets done every week, it used to be done every two but I found I spent the whole day ironing so I do it once a week. As you may of guessed we don't have a made, I like doing the work it gives me a sense of achievement when it is all done.

I was going through the take out menus when Kai came back into the kitchen.

"Tie, Indian, Chinese or Pizza?" I offered holding up four menus.

"Chinese." He pointed at the menu in the far right. "Here put some of this on." He had a tube of cream in his hand.

"What is it?"

"It's for your face, it will take the bruising and swelling away but your face will still hurt."

"Oh, ok but can you put it on I can't really see what I am doing." I smiled

He picked me up and sat me on the bench and stood in-between my legs. Then he took the tube and put some of the cream on his index finger and began to rub it in slowly. I winces when he first touched the bruise. "Sorry!" he breathed. "It's ok it's just cold." He continued rubbing until there was none visibly left on my skin. "So," I said once he had stepped back "How do you know about this stuff?" It was weird for some reason now that Kai wasn't standing right in front of me I feel lonely, he was only two feet away but it felt like I was all alone. "About a month before you and Tala moved back I was in a really bad fight and ended up in hospital, the nurse gave me some of this stuff to put in and the next day I didn't have and bruises or swelling only cuts and three broken ribs." I winced when he mentioned broken ribs. I had on once, fell off a trampoline, that hurt and Kai had three. I felt saw just thinking about it. "Anyway" he continued, "put it on before you go to bed tonight and in the morning you will look good as new." I said thankyou and rang for Chinese. Tala, Kai and I spent the rest of the night eating, drinking and watching Simpsons reruns, all in all a pretty good night.



Another chappi done, I really liked writing that one, hope you enjoyed reading it. Please read and review so I know what you guys think.

Infinite x's and o's

Amara
Sign up to rate and review this story