Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > I am what I am

Chapter 3

by Amara 1 review

Kai finally takes Jess on a date but what happens when Hillary shows up?

Category: Beyblade - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kai, Other - Published: 2006-05-07 - Updated: 2006-05-08 - 1935 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Don't own beyblades or any song lyrics in the story!


_______Jess's POV_________

I entered the kitchen to see Kai filling the coffee pot. I was so glad there was no school on Saturday.

"You had that dream again didn't you?" he asked as I sat down on a stool.

"What..... How did you Know?" I was shocked

"You were screaming in your sleep again."

"Oh....."

"Just remember that if you want to talk about it Tala and I are here."

"Thanks." He really is a nice guy when you get to know him.

There was no noise in the kitchen apart from the burble of the coffee pot filling with that precious dark and pungent morning started, I'd die without coffee. The silence continued for another minute before Kai spoke again.

"How is your face?"

"Much better, thanks for the cream."

"No problem, so when do you want to go shopping?" He asked

"Um, probably not until next week, I need to go food shopping today."

"Ok, if you want to go and get ready we can go now.'

I stared at him "We?"

"Yeah, I'm not the only one who gets perks from this."

"Ok, I'll be back in a minute." I thought my perks involved spending lots of Kais money but help with she shopping would be good as well.

Ten minutes later I was back in the kitchen ready to go, I was dressed, I had the credit card and I had my bag.

"Ready?"

"Yup, lets roll."

We spent the next two hours walking around the supermarket getting foodie stuff. I was actually enjoying myself, I had some one to talk to and I didn't have to push the trolley. We got home around eleven and Kai even helped unpack the groceries.

"What are you doing this afternoon?" He asked once all the food was put away.

"Nothing, Why?"

"I thought we could go ice skating."

"........."

"What?"

"How do you know I ice skate?" he really was wonder boy!

"There is a picture of you ice skating in Talas room."

"Oh yeah. Do you ice skate?"

"I'm not too bad at it."

"Ok, well I'll make some lunch then we can go." Today was just going to be one of those weird days, might as well go with the flow.


We arrived at the ice skating rink around twelve thirty. Kai locked his car with the remote and we went in. he paid for the skate hire and we headed for the ice.

"So when did you learn to ice skate?" I asked

"Back when I was in Russia we used to go ice skating every winter, I got pretty good."

We were skating around the rink in circles. He grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Ah, very good." I said in between laughing.

We continued to dance across the ice. This was fun, I hadn't been skating for ages. Kai spun me around and lifted me up like we were pro figure skaters. After about an hour and a half I needed a drink so we went into the little café and ordered two ice coffees. We sat in comfortable silence until an annoying voice broke through the moment.

"Kai baby what are you doing here, you told me you didn't ice skate?" I turned to see Hillary standing behind me with Kate flanking her side. I looked at Hillary and then I looked at Kai then I looked at Hillary again. I stood up and pulled out my wallet, I dropped ten dollars in the table and walked out of the cafe. I returned my skates and put my shoes back on and left the building. I was so angry with Kai right now, I don't really know why, well I do. I thought he wanted to do something fun with me for a change, like a repayment for me cooking for him and Tala while they just sat watching TV but no, we went ice skating so Kai could show me off in front of Hillary. I had been walking for around five minutes when Kais Porsche 911 pulled up beside me.

"Want a lift?" he asked

I ignored him and kept walking, not even looking at him. He stopped the car and got out, being the smart cookie that he was he had figured out that I was mad at him.

"Jess wait!"

"........." I kept walking

"Jess!" I was yanked around by my wrist so that I was facing him.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't know she was going to be there!"

"......." I looked at him, straight in the eyes. He was telling the truth.

"How can I make this up to you?" he was nearly begging.

"You don't have to make anything up to me, this is just a bet." I continued to look at him.

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"......... Acting like what?" I demanded.

"Like a spoiled little brat."

"You BUSTARD!" I ripped my hand out of his grasp and started running towards home.

When I got home I barricaded myself in my room and wouldn't come out. Tala had been pounding on my door for fifteen minutes and no matter how many times I told him to fuck off the wouldn't leave. I got off my bed and went to my CD player. I put in my Nivarna cd and blasted 'smells like team spirit that loud I couldn't here Tala anymore.

Once the song had played through I played it again and after listening to it three more times I felt much better. I went into my bathroom and washed and dried my face, my eye still hurt but there was no bruise. I went down stairs to start dinner. When I walked through the den Kai and Tala were sitting on the couch talking. I ignored Talas question of "what's wrong?" and continued into the kitchen. I had my butt sticking out of the fridge, I felt hands being placed on my hips before I was spun around. I blinked, I was sitting on the bench again looking at Kai.

"What do you want?"

Kai just looked at me.

"Well?" the strong and silent thing works for me some times but right now it was just not doing it for me. I stared at him waiting for and answer but he never said anything. The next thing I knew there was no space between us and Kai was kissing me. I opened my mouth in shock and evidently wished I hadn't, Kais tongue entered my mouth and he pulled me closer to him. 'Shit, how the hell am I going to get out of this.' His hands ran up my back and I started to feel really uncomfortable, I had never been in this type of situation before but in the back of my mind a little voice was telling me he wasn't a bad kisser and that I liked it.

"hhhhhhhhhhtmmmmmmmmm." Someone cleared their throat.

I ripped my head away from Kai and looked over at Tala 'thank god' my mind screamed. Kai took a step back and looked at Tala. I took my chance and slipped off the bench and ran out of the kitchen and into my room once again barricading my door.

_______End Jess's POV________

_________Talas POV__________

"What the hell was that?" I shouted at Kai.

"........"

"Kai?"

"I honestly don't know."

I just stared at him. He was just kissing Jess, Jess my little sister and one of his best mates, what the hell was he thinking?

"You were just kissing Jess!"

I didn't get an answer but he nodded. I was trying to think of something to say when my thought were interrupted by some very loud music.

Wah, she was not happy. Jess only played Green Day when she was ether really angry or really upset.

"I think you better go talk to her Kai."

He let out a sigh before headed for the stairs.

_______End Talas POV________

_______Kais POV_______

I am currently standing at the door into Jess's room, the music is blasting and I doubted she could hear me knock. I tried the door handle but it was locked. I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time today and went into the room I stay in, I open the balcony door and stepped out. The night was cool and refreshing, the stars twinkled and the moon shone yellow. I walked forward and knocked on Jess's door before opening it, I stepped into the room but I was so not ready for the scene before be. The room was a mess and I MEAN a MESS, there was stuff all over the floor. It took me a minute to find Jess, she was sitting in a corner curled up into a tiny ball crying. She was such a reck, her hair was messy and her clothes were all out of place like she had just been attacked.

"Jess?"

Jess's head whipped up from her knees and when she saw me her eyes when as big as tennis balls, she blinked and put her head back on her knees the began rocking backwards and forwards. I walked over and stood infront of her before kneeling down so we were the same hight.

"Jess?" I reached out and softly stroked her arm. It tour me up inside when she winced and pulled away.

"Jess I'm so sorry!" I said.

All I wanted to do was make her feel better, I didn't know how to do it but I would do anything to make this up to her.

"I know your sorry, it been a bad day could you just go please?" her voice was so quite I could barely hear her.

"Not just yet."

I stood up and stretched. Looking down at her I could now see that the was holding a pair of scissors.

"SHIT Jess!"

I grabbed Jess by the shoulders and pulled her to her feet. When she stood up her top was covered with thick, dark red, coagulating blood. I looked at her face, she was very pale but judging by the amount of blood she wasn't in need of a transfusion. I took her into the bathroom to clean her up, once she was on the counter top I crabbed a washer and began to wipe the blood away so I could see the cut better. 'Ha, cut! There were that many cuts on her arm I couldn't count them all, it was a real mess. She didn't winced when I ran the cloth over the cuts to get a better look at them. They were still bleeding but with a bandage it should stop. I grabbed a bottle of peroxide to sterilise the cuts before wrapping her arm in a pressure bandage and the whole time Jess didn't wince once, not once.

I pulled her off the bench and gave her a tight hug.

"Never do that again please!"

She didn't reply but let out a sob, I pulled her tighter into my chest and whispered comforting words in her ear. Around five minutes later I loosened my grip and led her over to the bed I put her under the covers and gave her a kiss on the cheek, I then turned off the CD player and left the room. I needed to talk to Tala.........


Another chappi done. The first three chappies are based on events that actually happened in my life and yes I did get punched in the face by a stupid bitch. Anyway read and review, I love feed back!!!!!!!!

Amara
Sign up to rate and review this story