Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Only a Doctor

Week Three/Four: Interrupted.

by chem_x 3 reviews

A week of recovery, a necessary pause to the system, will resume after patient has regained consciousness.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-10-29 - Updated: 2010-10-29 - 1161 words

0Unrated
After an age of writers block... I give you a taste for the chapters yet to come. Rate and Review? :3

I sat in my office, it was like any other therapist office; it had a huge curved chair and a swivel chair for me so I could hide comfortably behind my computer screen and desk. This day though, I was sitting on the wine coloured curved chair that was in the centre floor nearest the bookshelf. With me was Mrs. Duke, she was wailing by my side and spluttering words about her marriage. I held Leonie’s day planner in my right hand and patted Mags’ back with my other hand. I felt more like the awkward friend than their therapist.
“Now Mrs. Duke-”
“Miss Carrington.” She corrected me sharply.
“Miss Carrington, I need you to start from the very beginning, I believe your daughter’s mind, and indeed your own mind is dependant on the information you may have.”
She nodded briefly and pulled her arms around herself, “I married young, I thought that I loved Dukey because he treated me well, he bought me things and brought me places.” She sobbed, I felt like I was back in college on the first day that I learned that I was no marriage counsellor.
“Yes, I understand,” I nodded, “Please, when did the abuse begin?” I said softly.
Patient’s mother seems to dwell on the past- a trait that may be passed down to her daughter.
“As soon as we were married,” She sniffled, “I thought it was all good fun at first but… But.” She wailed again, grabbing my shoulder to cry on.
“Miss Carrington, maybe we’ll pick up on this all when you’re able?” I suggested.
She nodded quickly, her face was grey, and her eyes bulged, “I didn’t want it to happen to my Leonie. My poor Leonie.”
I hugged her briefly, patting her on the back again, at lose, I didn’t know what to do. I was vulnerable and confused. “Leonie is recovering fine Margret.” I sighed, placing the small day diary onto the seat. “Would you like a coffee?”
She shook her head, “Would I be able to stay here a while?” The aging woman blubbered, her eyes looked so like her daughters, I felt like I was being played but I was okay with it.
“Of course,” I replied, standing up and taking the journal with me. She lay down, shaking and unsure. “I’ll just be by my desk.” I thought aloud, telling myself and her. I groaned quietly and planted myself into my chair, running my finger down the spine of the small book.
I was nervous to what this book may hold; a blank page holds an infinite number of ideas, almost a doorway into a person.
I held my breath, moments had passed and I could hear Mags asleep on the sofa, she had told me that she hadn’t been sleeping well. Maybe she just needed to feel safe.
Patient has written in the book many times, a possible key to solving this case, writing styles seem to change throughout the first few pages.
I flicked through it briefly, not reading anything yet, Leonie was still in hospital causing nightmares for the nurses, and Samantha was staying at the police station giving her side of the incident to them. I was assigned Margret’s therapist.
I went back to the first page; I assumed this was Leonie as her polite self writing.

‘A book is a loving gift, not to flick through it instantly is rude and would never tame the curiosity. Jared seems quite lovely, I believe him and I will get on very well, even if he’s only staying for a while. I feel like having a tea right now.
Soon she will be home but I don’t think she’ll be pleased with me. I’ve decided that he needs to know what she did…’


‘I was told about this damn thing, how useless it is. Ha! I think I should burn it, get rid of it before she sees it. She won’t like it. Maybe I should try killing her, no; I should make her finish herself. Oh she’ll be home soon… And I won’t tell him.’

‘I think I need help. Ha… She’s going to kill me… She’s going to kill me… She’s going to kill me… Lalala… I think I might just tell him…’

‘I’m not afraid of you! Na… Na… You won’t stop me! He’s MINE… He always was! Silly thing! Try and catch me dear! I won’t let her get me!’

I slammed the book closed, I wasn’t ready for quite so much, yet, the third one frightened me almost. They all spoke about a she but which one of her splits is it? Is it the fifth? The one that I should run from. I’m intrigued.
Patient speaks of a self which she fears. All paragraphs speak of this unknown. I’m afraid of the “He” they speak of may be myself. But it is quite complex. I will look further into it.

“How are you Samantha?” I asked; we were both by Leonie’s bedside watching her twitch in her sleep. I wondered if she knew that she was changing.
“I’m, I’m feeling fragile Jared.” She admitted. “I’m really frightened that they’ll come back.” I nodded, I understood the fear she had, and it stressed me too. I started sleeping with my windows locked.
A doctor strolled in with a clipboard, “Evening.” He smiled gently.
Samantha looked at him confused for a moment, “How’s she doing sir?” I asked as Sammie blinked at him.
“Fine, but I hear she has a tendency to change personalities. Drugs maybe?”
I shook my head, “No drug use. I think it’s a mental issue, I’m her therapist. Jared Leto pleased to make your acquaintance.”
“A small world.” He smiled, “I’m Shannon Leto.”
I smiled at him, it was unusual for two people for be called Leto in the same area. But he was right, it was a small world. “When do you think she’ll be up Shannon?”
“Maybe a few hours, she needs to let her brain repair everything.”
“Excuse me…” Samantha whispered, “She’s awake.”
Shannon exhaled heavily, surprised by it, but I wasn’t. “Her mind works at the rate of four or five different people.” I sighed.
“AH!” Leonie screeched at the top of her voice.
“Leonie, Leonie, calm down!” Samantha shouted, rushing to her friend’s aid.
“Leonie isn’t home today…” The girl whispered from the bed.
I stepped towards her, “Leonie, you’re in hospital.”
“I’m sorry…” She whispered, her eyes darting into me. “The number you have dialled cannot be reached at this time. Please try again later…”
Sign up to rate and review this story