Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Halo

Cataplexy

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna goes out for the day and begins to regret it when she sees a face from her past begging her for help.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2010-10-29 - Updated: 2010-10-30 - 1025 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Twenty: Cataplexy:

/November 10th, 1999/.

San Diego, California. The school official walked Anna to the guidance council’s office. The girl looked down at her feet. Her hands appeared so pale as she kept stroking on her knuckles. The girl arrived here in the US nine days ago. Anna didn’t know any English or anybody. The shock of Daisuke’s death prevented her from functioning normally, let alone adjusting in a foreign country. Worried for her sake, her teachers suggested that she seek counseling. That’s why she was here. The official turned to the girl and noticed not once did she look up at her. She tried to touch her, but Anna flinched her away. The woman tried to appear nice.

“It’s okay, dear,” she said, “This man is a professional; he can help you.” Her Japanese sounded so rusty. She probably said something other than what she meant to. Anna didn’t respond either way. Her eyes were fixed on her feet. The school official breathed out in awkward silence.

“Okay…” she mumbled to herself before turning to the door and knocking on the firm wood.

“Enter,” a man said inside. The official opened the door and peeked around inside. Dr. Yamashita sat at his desk reading over his charts. He glanced up at the woman and the sophomore in the doorway watching him. The staff member walked forward.

“Sir,” she said, “Here is the patient I was talking about.” The doctor returned to his charts in his hand.

“Leave us,” he said. The official blinked.

“But sir…” she began to say. Dr. Yamashita looked up at her with a cold look in his eye.

“Get out,” he repeated in a stern tone. The official stared at him dumbfounded.

“Why sir?” she asked, still not seeing what was going on.

“I want to speak to Kimoto-chan alone,” he said in a strict tone. The school official closed her mouth and bowed her head.

“Yes sir,” she said in a small voice before she turned to leave. The woman leaned down to Anna just as she was about to walk out the door.

“This man will help you,” she whispered in her ear in her best Japanese, “Listen to what he has to say.” Anna didn’t respond as the official left the room. Dr. Yamashita turned his attention to the girl. She started at him pale in the face. The doctor smiled at her.

“Take a seat,” he said. Anna complied without a word.

August 11th, 2009.

Anna felt sheepish for sitting in the Kyoto Psychology Center waiting room this morning. Tsuzuki needed her, somebody, anybody right now. She should be with him, but, to help him she needed to help herself first.

“Is it okay if I visit the KPC again?” she whispered to him on the floor. Tsuzuki sat beside of her staring at the floor in a daze. Anna caressed him on the cheek and kissed it. Her lips touched his ear.

“I will go to the shrink, pick us up something to eat, and come back. How does that sound?” The man didn’t respond to her question. Anna nuzzled the shinigami’s neck.

“I’ll even give you my number if you want to call me, okay?” she whispered. Anna gently let go of Tsuzuki and walked over to the desk. She reached inside of his coat and pulled out his phone.

“You have the Kimoto Manor number already,” she told him in a soft voice, “I’m giving you my cell number.” Anna programmed her number into the phone. She even placed it in for speed dialing. The woman handed the phone to her lover.

“Here,” Anna as she placed the phone at his feet. “I’m going to take a shower and get dressed, okay?” Tsuzuki didn’t even stir. Anna kissed him on the forehead and went into the bathroom. In close to an hour, she came back out. Tsuzuki still sat on the floor looking down. Anna knelt down and kissed him on the forehead.

“I will be right back, I promise,” she murmured at his skin. The woman stood up and left the room.

That idea wasn’t so good anymore, but what could she do? The woman was already out here, might as well make the most of it. She looked around the room. There weren’t many people here this morning. Anna looked at her phone rather nervous. No missed calls or texts just yet. The woman looked up at the ceiling with her cheeks puffed up.

/Hope he’s alright/, she thought.

“Anna?” a voice asked in. The woman didn’t move at first.

“Anna,” the voice said again. The woman glanced up in front of her to find an old man looking at her close in the face. Anna blinked hard at first.

“Dr. Yamashita?” she whispered, “Dr. Yamashita? What are you doing here?” The older man quickly covered her mouth and looked around.

“Shhh!” he said back, “Not here!”

“Where?” Anna asked under his hand. The therapist glanced around for a quick second. He spotted the back door.

“Come with me,” he said a quick hushed tone. Before Anna could speak, the older man grabbed her by the hand and dragged her outside.

“Slow down!” Anna cried. Dr. Yamashita didn’t listen while he kept on running. Once outside, the old man let go of her arm. Anna went into integration mode.

“Okay, are you really Yamashita? How did you find me and why?” she asked. The man’s eyes became grim.

“Yes, I am Dr. Yamashita,” he said, “Yesterday one of my colleagues described a patient matching your description in a case. I thought, that couldn’t be, you died four months ago. So, I had to see for myself. And here you are, alive and well!” Anna blinked as she tilted her head at him.

“Okay…” she said, “I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but why do you need to see me?” Dr. Yamashita lowered his head in shame.

“I need your help,” he mumbled, “I might have caused someone’s death…”
Sign up to rate and review this story