Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Miss Murder

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Cissy is confused about Walden...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-11-04 - Updated: 2010-11-04 - 2266 words

-1MarySue
If you leave a rating, please give a review as well and tell me the reasoning for your rating. It helps if someone says why they think my fiction is illiterate or OOC. Thanks!


I pounded down the corridors in search of Walden with flushed cheeks and a hammering heart. I still couldn't believe Lucius. Why in the world would he go out of his way to invite my sister (who was obviously interested in Tom) to the dance? From what I had observed, the two of them were only friends. Neither of them had hinted that there was a relationship between the two of them.

However, some things aren't always how they appear. Maybe Lucius and Bella had a secret relationship. There was no way for me to know unless I asked Bella. I would no doubt be asking her about that tonight. But in the meantime, I had to work on securing my own date for the dance. If I couldn't have Lucius, I should at least find the next best looking guy out there.

Luckily, it wasn't too hard to run into Walden since we were both in the same Charms class. I literally ran right into him while stalking down the corridor. As soon as Walden say me, he grabbed my hands and brought me to a quick stop. Eagerness filling his hopeful eyes, he asked, "So...have you thought over what we talked about early?"

Hell yes, I had certainly been thinking about it. No, I had been more like obsessing over it all morning. Nodding to Walden, I replied, "As a matter of fact, it did cross my mind a few times. Of course I'd love to go to the dance with you. Sorry for not accepting earlier. I don't know what I was thinking. Actually, I wasn't thinking. I just hope you don't mind my clumsiness for the dancing."

At my words, Walden's face split into a huge grin and he burst out, "I was hoping so much that you'd go with me. And god, you can step on my feet as many times as you want during the dances and I'll still be glad I brought you with me as a partner." Hearing Walden's sentence, I had to admit that he really was a gentleman. He really did want me. Ugh, why couldn't I make myself want him? Life and love is so confusing. Neither are easy.

For a moment, Walden and I stood in the corridors just staring at each other. There was a funny look in Walden's eyes that I hadn't seen before. He was looking at me like I was a goddess or something. There was longing in his eyes. I couldn't identify the motive behind them though. Was it love? Was it lust? Or was it something different altogether?

As Walden continued to stare at me, I found myself feeling uncomfortable. Despite the fact that Walden had been very protective of me so far, I suddenly didn't feel so safe around him. I felt kind of nervous. Maybe it was time to get away. Yeah, it was definitely time to head off to Charms. I was about to mention this when Walden did something very unexpected.

Leaning down, Walden pushed my blonde strands of hair back from my face and kissed me hard on the lips. I was totally caught off guard. This is going to sound really pathetic, but I've never kissed a guy in my life before. Pretty sad, huh? I'm sure Bella has kissed many guys (hopefully not Lucius though).

I just kind of stood there completely stunned as Walden pulled me against him and kept his lips on mine. You know how everyone says your first kiss is suppose to be something magical and wonderful? Well...mine wasn't exactly like that. On the contrary, it was completely the opposite. There was something that just wasn't right about the kiss. It felt hard and forced, not romantic.

I couldn't quite figure out what I was suppose to do. Was I suppose to kiss Walden back? And if I was, how exactly was I suppose to kiss him? I was definitely going to have to ask Bella on some kissing tips later today. However, in the meantime, I was kind of stuck. Not able to make up my mind of what to do, I just kind of stood there and let Walden force his kiss on me.

Thankfully, it didn't last all that long. He pulled away after a few seconds and let me go. I took a few steps backwards when he released me and felt my cheeks grow flushed. I couldn't figure out what to make of the kiss. Walden, on the other hand, was practically glowing. He took my hand into his big sweaty one and started pulling me towards Charms, "Kissing you is even better than I imagined it would be. Come on, let's go to class."

With that, I let myself be pulled along behind him, submissive as always. As I trailed behind him, I tried to figure out how I felt about all this. I didn't really mind going to the dance with Walden, but I didn't really want to get serious with him. Did going to the dance with him mean that I was suppose to be his future girlfriend? How was I to know?

As the two of us hurried along the corridor, I suddenly felt someone bump into me hard from the left. The effect of it was so strong that I stumbled and took a few steps to the right in order to catch my balance. I expected whoever it was who had just banged into me to help me back up or apologize at the least. So when nobody said anything to me, I looked up with surprise.

My eyes met cold gray ones for a mere instant. I could recognize those eyes anywhere. Those were the eyes that now haunted my dreams and filled my daydreams. Lucius' entire face was cold and masked over. There was no sign of sympathy towards me like he had displayed yesterday. He narrowed his eyes at me, whipped his robes around his shoulder, and stalked off with his nose in the air and with his whitish-blonde hair streaming out behind him.

I was instantly pretty furious at him. Why was he all of the sudden going out of his way to be so mean to me? I mean, I would've thought that after last night he might feel a tiny bit of sympathy towards me. Apparently, I was wrong about that. Regaining my balance and feeling pretty pissed, I muttered, "Fuck you."

"Huh?" Walden asked, twisting his head around to see who I was talking to. Walden had been so focused in getting to class that he hadn't even noticed Lucius knocking into me. I felt embarrassed for swearing, but there was no taking it back now. Stammering, I replied, "Um...I wasn't talking to you. I meant that for Lucius. He just ran into me for no good reason at all."

"What a bastard," Walden commented, putting his arm around me in a very uncomfortable manner. "Don't worry; I'll get him back for you someday." From the nasty tone of Walden's voice, I didn't doubt that he meant what he said. Nonetheless, I didn't think I wanted him getting back at Lucius.

~ ~ ~ ~

The rest of the day went by very quickly. As soon as my last class was over, I started towards the Great Hall. I figured that was where I would find Bella. I had to talk to her as soon as possible. I wanted to know exactly what her relationship with Lucius was and why in the world she wasn't going to the dance with Tom, her true love.

However, before I got anywhere close to the Great Hall, a sudden paint rippled through my body and made me freeze. The pain was so intense that I started panting and had to flop against wall to stay upright. As I tried to catch my breath, I detected where the pain was coming from. It was coming from my left forearm where I had been branded by the Dark Mark.

Not really sure whether or not I wanted to see what was under the sleeve of my robe, I waited until the people walking down the corridor had passed before I sneakily peered at my forearm. It was pulsing an ugly black color that made my skin look paper white. I remembered what Tom had said last night. He said that our marks would burn whenever he was calling us to him. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that was what was happening now. Tom Riddle was summoning me to him. I had to obey. What would happen if I didn't? Would my arm burn up? I decided that it was better not to know.

It took me a minute of thinking before I changed my course of direction from the Great Hall to the Slytherin common room. It would only make sense that Tom was there. Hoping the pain in my arm would go away as I got closer to the common room, I hurried along and bit my lip to keep from crying out. I was surprised by how agonizing the pain in my arm was. Bella had never mentioned this to me. Now I was starting to realize that Bella had kept a lot of secrets from me. What a bitch.

Finally, I reached the Slytherin common room. Without hesitation, I punched the door open and literally toppled inside. Most of the other Slytherins were already gathered in a circle around Tom. When I arrived, Tom turned his glimmering black eyes at me and said, "Greetings, Narcissa. I was wondering if you were ever going to make it here. Come over and sit down. I'm teaching you all the Cruciatus curse today. But before we get to that, we need to lock the doors. Bella, please help me."

My sister jumped to her feet, ran other to the doors of the dormitories and murmured a few spells under her breath. Meanwhile, Tom did the same thing to the entrance of the Slytherin common room. For some reason, them doing this made me quite nervous. We were completely locked in. There was no escaping if something went wrong here.

Once all the doors were locked, Tom strode into the center of the room and motioned for everyone to sit down. I was already perched on the side of a big, comfy chair. My sister plopped down next to me and gave me a blissful smile. I did not return the smile. I was quite annoyed at Bella for several things right now. I had so many questions for her, but unfortunately, they were going to have to wait until after Tom's damned meeting. Let's just hope that it goes by fast.

As everyone settled down, I caught Walden's eye from across the room. He smiled and waved at me excitedly. I gave him a little smile and a small wave. I was still feeling a bit embarrassed about his kiss from earlier. There had just been something wrong with it. Maybe it was because it was a one-sided kiss.

"Alright then, I think we can get started now," Tom told us all in a dominating voice. At his words, all pairs of eyes turned toward him and everyone shut up. We all knew better than to disobey Tom. Going on, Tom said, "So does anyone know anything about the Cruciatus curse? I'd like to quiz you before we start the lesson."

Hm, the Cruciatus curse? I had never heard of that spell before. For some reason, it's name was sending a chill through my blood though. Something told me that it was a very bad spell. After all, it was a curse. Curses never caused anything good, did they? I looked around the room nervously and wondered if anyone else was feeling like me.

As soon as the question was out of Tom's mouth, a girl's voice from across the room stated, "The Cruciatus curse is one of the three unforgivable curse. We're not really suppose to do them at Hogwarts, but who the fuck cares? Breaking the rules is fun." The girl speaking was Natasha. No surprise there really. But what was this about "unforgivable curses"?

Once Nat had finished speaking, Bellatrix immediately piped up, "The Cruciatus curse causes immediate intense pain to whoever the spell is cast upon. People can go insane from the curse." As Bella said all this, her eyes lit up and she leaned forward in the chair. I stared at her in disbelief. She was acting like she was actually excited to learn this curse!

Tom gave Bella a look of approval and said, "Indeed, Bellatrix. That is exactly what the curse does. This is a very useful curse and is one you should definitely all know how to use. Believe me, we will use it lots in the imminent future as well as the other two unforgivable curses. What do you all say to trying out the Cruciatus curse today?"

My heart leaped into my chest and I immediately started panicking. No way did I want to practice a curse that caused intense pain to anyone. Maybe there were times when I was angry at people, but I never ever wanted to torture them into going insane! Tom wasn't really going to make us practice this spell...was he?
Sign up to rate and review this story