Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Sing It For The World

by savedbymcr15 3 reviews

Gerard knows that Mikey can sing. He wants that to happen, and it does. However, Mikey also ends up in the hospital.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-07 - Updated: 2010-11-07 - 1138 words

1Moving
Silent. That was what he was most of the time. Not because he couldn't speak-That was far from the truth. He simply wasn't able to communicate as clearly as he wanted to, so he preferred to let the others speak. Until now. His brother refused to let him stay silent for any longer. His brother had a faith in him that no one else knew how to combat. It was like he knew something that no one else did. That was just it-He did. Gerard knew that his little brother had a powerful voice within him, and he didn't want it to be a secret anymore. It couldn't be a secret anymore. He refused to let him hide his talent and live in the shadows. Mikey was worth more than that. Gerard wanted Mikey to sing it out-He had to see what tomorrow would bring. Every time that people wanted to count Mikey out, he wanted him to use his voice every single time he opened up his mouth, rather than be pushed around.Gerard wanted his baby brother to sing. Sing for the boys, the girls, every time that he lost it, he should sing it for the world. He wanted Mikey to sing from his heart, sing until he was nuts, to sing out for everyone that hated his guys. He wanted him to sing for the deaf, sing for the blind, sing about everyone that he'd left behind. Gerard wanted Mikey to sing for the world.

"I still don't get why you brought me to the studio with you, Gerard. I don't plan on singing."

"They're going to sell what tomorrow brings. What tomorrow brings is going to be your voice."

"And if they were to kill what tomorrow brings?"

"Quit making excuses. Get in there and sing." Gerard groaned, shoving Mikey into the booth.

"But I can't sing!"

"Of course not." Gerard sighed sarcastically, shutting the door. "You've got to make a choice if the music drowns you out. Raise your voice every time they try to shut your mouth." Gerard sang. "Now sing the lyrics." He ordered. Mikey nodded and took a deep breath.

"Sing it for the boys
Sing it for the girls
Every time that you lose it
Sing it for the world
Sing it from the heart
Sing it til you're nuts
Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts
Sing it for the deaf
Sing it for the blind
Sing about everyone that you've left behind
Sing it for the world
Sing it for the world"


Mikey's voice came out, timid and quiet at first, but the more be got into it, the louder and more confident it got. His voice carried through the studio, emotion raw and unafraid. For once, Mikey wasn't afraid to sing. His voice was almost identical to Gerard's, yet Gerard suddenly felt like he couldn't sing compared to this. Mikey was amazing. He awkwardly stepped out of the vocal booth and looked at Gerard, whose eyes were glassy with tears. He was so proud.

"Well?" Mikey asked. His brother's eyes carried emotion that Mikey couldn't figure out. Then, Gerad smiled.

"You're doing backing vocals for this band as of right now." Mikey's eyes widened. "And I want you to sing this song live with me."

"Excuse me?" Mikey asked. His ears must have been deceiving him.

"When we play this song live for the first time, you're singing it with me." Gerard smiled, putting an arm around Mikey. "You're a talented guy. Now let's enter the danger days together, little brother."

**
Mikey's heart pounded violently as he stared into the crowd.

"Today, we're going to try something new." Gerard spoke to the crowd. They cheered. "Mikey's going to sing this next song with me." The crowd went silent. Mikey's heart dropped as he grabbed the microphone.

"I know, I'm not the singer that you want. You want Gerard, but he's still singing. Please, just give me a chance." Mikey said, his voice shaking. Gerard looked back to Ray and Frank, nodding for them to start the song.

"Just sing like I know you can. Don't let them count you out. Sing for the world." Gerard whispered. Mikey nodded. He listened to Gerard's voice and smiled. Then, the time came for him to sing.

"Sing it for the boys
Sing it for the girls
Every time that you lose it
Sing it for the world
Sing it from the heart
Sing it til you're nuts
Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts
Sing it for the deaf
Sing it for the blind
Sing about everyone that you've left behind
Sing it for the world
Sing it for the world"


Mikey sang. The crowd cheered, regretting ever doubting him. When the song was done, the crowd cheered madly. Gerard put his arm around Mikey.

"I'm proud of you." Gerard smiled. Mikey smiled back, though something seemed off. His breathing was heavy, and Gerard was glad taht he had kept an arm around him. That was because a moment later, Mikey's eyes closed, and Gerard was suddenly holding all of his body weight. "Mikey?!" Gerard asked. He looked down, shaking when he saw how pale Mikey was. The cheers from the crowd turned into cries. He picked Mikey up and looked around, resembling that of a little boy scared after a nightmare. He carried Mikey off of the stage in tears. "What happened, baby brother?"

Mikey groaned, showing that he wasn't completely unconscious. The medics backstage rushed over and took Mikey out of Gerard's arms. He groaned again.

"What's wrong with him?" Gerard asked tearfully. He felt a hand on each of his shoulders and he turned around.

"He'll be fine." Ray said, running a hand through his curly brown hair. "Pedicone's telling the fans that we'll make up for it."

"But that doesn't tell me what's wrong with him!" Gerard said, more forcefully than he had intended. "He was just supposed to sing with me. He wasn't supposed to get hurt." He whimpered.

"He just had a panic attack. He'll be fine, though we still need to take him to the hospital." The medic pitched in.

"You just said that he was fine-Why does he have to go to the hospital?!" Gerard asked. He wasn't going to put Mikey in the place he hated most if he didn't have to be there.

"They need to check him over in case there's something we missed. Not to mention, he's not even awake yet."

"Fine." Gerard sighed defeatedly. He ran a hand through his fiery red hair. "Whatever it takes to make him better." He then turned and fell into Ray's arms in tears. Frank and Ray exchanged worried looks are Gerard sobbed. They could only wait and hope for things to improve.
Sign up to rate and review this story