Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Run Like Hell

Sickness

by westie 0 reviews

Jordan sees a squirrel with- is that rabies!?!

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-11-12 - Updated: 2010-11-12 - 267 words

0Unrated
We went to Starbucks the next morning. Clara had turned me on to white chocolate mochas, and I was ordering one while the girls sat down at a table. They were quiet, drinking their coffees without talking to each other.

Suddenly, I noticed a movement out the window. A squirrel ran from the tree nearest the building. Upon taking a closer look, it seemed highly disheveled and almost…sick. I walked toward the window, staring at the creature as it ran up and down the tree. Its eyes were a sickly red.

“Jordan?” I heard.

I turned, and the girls were staring over at me, concern clearly in their faces. I opened my mouth to tell them what I saw, but I heard a crash from behind me as a large dog burst through the door. Glass showered the floor around it, cutting into its flank. Blood dripped from its face and sides, and as it looked across the room, its eyes red, I saw it was even sicklier than the squirrel.

The others in the room jumped and ran, hiding behind the counter, chairs, anything. Screaming could be heard, and one of the girls was yelling at me to get away from it. The dog looked up at me and growled. It took a step towards me.

“JORDAN!”

“Ohgodohgod”

My mind shifted into overdrive. The dog was running now, but it was lopsided, off balance.
I grabbed the knife off the table next to me, turning to face my attacker. It jumped.

Someone screamed, a piercing scream that filled my consciousness.

All I saw was red.
Sign up to rate and review this story