Categories > Games > Fire Emblem > Prideful Love

Ch7

by Saicha6744 1 review

Category: Fire Emblem - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-13 - Updated: 2010-11-13 - 1610 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Disclaimer see ch1

Sorry about the mix-up! This is the real ch7. Last chapter was supposed to be ch6.
I'll just continue the numbering normally. Don't be confused by the two ch7's.

*****

Chapter 7: Saved

Drops of sticky wyvern saliva dripped onto Raven's leg, stinging his raw wounds. He watched numbly as his death approached in a cruel form of slow-motion.

The wyvern opened its maw, revealing rows and rows of sharp needle teeth, in a rediculously slow manner. Raven held his breath as the creature's jaws stopped inches from his face. The wyvern let out an ear-piercing shriek as it suddenly jerked backwards. Its movements seemed jerky and robotic. Raven blinked in confusion at the sudden change of events.
Only when the wyvern crashed lifelessly onto the ground a few seconds later did Raven see the hand-axe that was buried in its neck. A similar axe was buried in the rider's chest.

But who?

As if in answer to his question Raven's gaze fell on Hector. The blue-haired sturdy noble's arms were still extended indicating that it was he who threw the hand-axes.
A cocky grin flashed over Hector's face when he saw the stunned expression on Raven's face.

'You all right?' Hector questioned as the stooped to retrieve his axes.

Raven nodded. He did not trust his voice.

'Good. Hate to lose one of our best swords, you know?' Hector said, offering his hand to Raven.

Raven glared at Hector as if he'd grown three heads, reluctantly allowing Hector to help him to his feet. It was only now that Raven realized how far he strayed from the courtyard. He was currently a hundred yards away from the eastern wall.

'Keep your guard up. That dog, Eubans, is close,' Hector warned handing Raven back his sword.

Raven shook his head in disbelief. How trusting this fool was! If he desired it he could plunge his sword into Hector's gut right now...but somehow he restrained himself for the time being.

'You have any vulneries left?' Hector questioned.

'Don't need it,' Raven replied stubbornly. Why was Hector showing such concern all of a sudden? Surely this was not the way he normally behaved?

Hector sighed. 'Here,' he handed Raven and elixir.

Raven refused, eyeing the blue vial with suspicion.

'Drink it. That's an order.' Hector growled irritably.

Raven was tempted to refuse again, but thought the better of it. Taking the vial he quickly emptied the contents into his mouth, almost retching at the horrid taste. Hector smirked at the face Raven pulled.

'Stuff's terrible, eh?'

Raven glared hatefully at him in reply. 'What was that?'

'Elixir. Supposed to be ten times better than vulneries. Tastes a million times worse...Come on,' Hector motioned for Raven to follow.

The Hero reluctantly followed Hector into the nearby woods in which Eubans was reported to be. Raven was surprised at how fast and thoroughly the elixir had healed him. He was even more perturbed by the fact that Hector gave him the elixir without batting an eye.

Hector, no Ostia, was his sworn enemy.

Snapping twigs alerted the two men to the approaching danger. A spear embedded itself into the ground before Hector's feet. The blue-haired noble jumped back and raised his trusty Wolf Beil in reply. Raven readied his shield and sword and kept his gaze fixed on the nearby trees.

Long seconds ticked by.

Suddenly a paladin leapt from between the trees, hurling a javelin at Raven. He lifted his shield and managed to block the blow. The javelin clattered harmlessly against the ground.

'I did not think they were this capable...Pah! My life and my death are my own. I have no regrets!' Eubans said to himself before attacking Hector with a spare spear.

The blue-haired noble managed to defend himself adequately against the battle-hardened paladin. Eubans seemed to ignore Raven for the time being. The Hero knew that Hector would remain at a disadvantage as long as Eubans remained on his steed. The horse fought just as fiercely as Eubans against Hector.
Whenever Hector was in range the horse would kick or bite him, luckily his thick armour provided protection against the stallion's attacks.

Raven slowly drew his hand-axe. He did not know why he was about the help Hector. For all he cared Eubans could slay the noble right now...
Twirling the light axe in his hand Raven suddenly lashed out, using the last of his strength to send the axe straight into the horse's neck.

The animal screamed in pain and threw Eubans from the saddle before collapsing dead on the ground. Eubans was still dazed from his sudden fall and Hector took the opportunity to end the battle.

As soon as Eubans was dead the enemy lost their will to fight and hastily retreated. Hector glanced over his shoulder at the red-haired Hero. He was currently leaning heavily on his sword, taking laboured breaths.

'You need help to get to the medic?' Hector asked.

'I'm fine.'

Hector nodded and then turned to leave. Raven watched the noble walk back to the fortress with growing confusion. He still did not understand why Hector gave him that elixir, or why he saved Raven from the wyvern.
Raven could not quell the unease he felt in his heart about the revenge he planned to take on Ostia.

To hell with Ostia! They destroyed my home!!

Raven shook his head and sighed heavily. Now was not the time to dawdle on his revenge. He would bide his time.


In the fortress Mark, Ninian, Nills and the nobles met with lord Uther. They told him about Elbert's death and Ninian's capture. They also informed him about Nergal's plans to bring dragons back to Elibe.
Uther went silent.
Hector was worried. His brother was not one to go silent and brood.

Uther asked for time to consider the matter at hand. He would inform them of his decision the next morning. Anxiously they waited for Uther of Ostia to decide, wondering if he would declare a full-scale war against Nergal. Currently Nergal was hiding in the east, in Bern. Ninian sensed his evil power growing stronger and stronger by the day. It would not be too long before he would gain enough power to control dragons.


Whilst Uther was brooding the army rested within the safety of the fortress walls. The soldiers were exhausted from the surprise attack by Eubans. Their newest member, a wyvern rider named Heath, joined them after talking to Eliwood. He had no desire to kill women and children.

Dart boldly approached Serra. Isadora had taken Rebecca to the noisy cleric.
'How is she?' Dart questioned the pink-haired cleric. Serra eyed him suspiciously before answering that Rebecca would be fine. The javelin injured her leg severely and it would take a long time for her to walk properly again.

'You can go and see her. I'm sure she'll be glad of the company,' Serra stated before opening the door and shoving Dart inside the small room. For a long time Dart's gaze was fixed on the stone floor, before he eventually got the courage to look up.

Rebecca was lying on a low cot. She was pale and in obvious pain, but that did not stop her face from lighting up when she saw the pirate.

'Uh...hi,' Dart said lamely.

'Hi, Da-Dart,' Rebecca quickly corrected.

'How are you feeling?'

'So-so...'

'Oh...' Dart nervously scratched the back of his head. How was he supposed to say this? Deciding to bite the bullet the pirate opted to speak his mind.

'Umm...Rebecca? I know this will sound weird, but I swear I know you from somewhere. Thing is I can't remember...'

'I figured as much.' Rebecca replied. Some of her sadness left her heart. At least Dart did not forget about her on purpose.

'Do you know me?' Dart asked feeling awfully awkward. Sometimes he had the feeling that he did not know himself.

'I'm your sister,' Rebecca said with a sad smile. 'You left home five years ago, Dan. You never came back, never wrote...nothing.' Rebecca fell silent, swallowing the lump in her throat.

'Five years? That's odd. Five years ago Fargus found me half dead on docks in Badon. He nursed me back to health, but there leaked more than just blood out of my ears, you know? So you're my sister...argh! I can't remember you...but somehow I know that you're telling the truth.'

Rebecca smiled. 'Of course, Dart.'
At least now she knew what happened to him.

'What? No more Dan?' Dart asked slightly confused.

'No. Dan's gone. I've accepted that. You're Dart, but you're still my brother.'

Dart smiled at his newfound sister. Even though he could not remember her he knew that she was an important part of his life. His old life that he knew nothing about.

'Would you mind telling me about our past life? I can't remember a thing...was I at least a good brother?' Dart's question brought back the warmth in Rebecca's smile.
She patted an empty spot on the cot.

'Sit down, Dart. It's a long story...and, yeah, you were a great brother...still am.'

Dart sat down and listened intently to Rebecca's tale. Slowly pieces of the puzzle began to fall together and things started to make sense. Even though he could not remember anything Dart was certain that eventually, if he went back to Pharae, he would remember.


*****
Sign up to rate and review this story