Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blue Moon

We Need To Talk

by SmashAuthority2 5 reviews

Lots of stuff happens.....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-13 - Updated: 2010-11-13 - 2177 words

2Ambiance
That's right, I just proposed to him.

He stares at me but says nothing in return. His face is like a blank canvas. I see absolutely no emotion on it. I start to get a little nervous.

"I said, will you marry me?" I repeat, a little louder-just I case he didn't hear me the first time.

He turns away from me abruptly. I stare at his back in wonder. Have I just been rejected? If so, I'm totally going to kill myself! Okay, not actually kill myself, but I'll be pretty darn upset!

He turns back around as quickly as he had turned away. "Have a drink, Stella," he says, offering an opened bottle of water to me.

"Huh?" It's definitely not the response I was looking for.

"Have a drink first, then we can talk," he says gently.

"Oh-kay." I take the bottle and sip it. Before I know it, I'm downing the whole thing. I must have been thirstier then I thought. "Can we talk now?" I say.

"Sure," he replies, re-starting the engine.

I'm annoyed because I'd preferred him saying "Yes" while looking at me or something-not driving the damn car. It's not very romantic. But I guess proposing in a car isn't very romantic either.

I yawn widely as I wait for him to speak first. What's the hold-up? Why can't he just say yes and be done with it? I'm starting to get nervous here, and, rather unusually, I'm feeling very sleepy all of a sudden.

"So, whaa...." I yawn again. I blink a couple of times as my eyes are feeling very heavy.

"Yes, Stella?" His voice seems like it's far-away and getting smaller all the time.

"About the.....the...thing." The car is incredibly warm. I wonder if he turned the heat on? "Whadaya say?" I decide to rest my eyes while I wait for him to reply.

"Rest now," he says softly.

Those are the last words I hear before I am asleep.
*

I wake up to bright sunshine streaming through a window right onto my bed. Bed? I jolt forward and realize I am in my bedroom, lying in my bed-and I am in my pj's. The last thing I remember was me proposing to Gerard on the way back from Italy, and him handing me a drink. A drink that was no doubt spiked. Man, am I gonna kick his ass.

"You're awake."

Gerard appears out of nowhere with a small smile on his face. "Gerard!" I immediately jump out of bed forgetting my anger, and rush into his arms. "You're here!"

He kisses my head. "I'm never leaving your side again."

I smile, but then I remember. "Wait. How did we get home?"

He gives me a pleasant smile. "After you fell asleep," I narrow my eyes at him which he totally ignores. "I drove to the airport. We boarded the plane-I carried you, of course, and here you are." He gestures around my room. "Safe and sound."

"Tell me," I begin, stroking his face. "What did you put in my water, and why?"

"I don't know what you mean, Stella," he protests innocently, eyes wide.

"Don't give me that," I say sharply. "You spiked my drink. I want to know why."

He takes my hand in his and kisses it. "Why on earth would I want to do something like that?"

"You tell me," I reply shakily, trying to ignore the wonderful sensation of his lips touching my skin. It's very distracting.

"I really don't know what you're talking about," he insists softly.

"I kn-" He silences me by kissing me hard on the lips. I stumble backwards holding him and we land on the bed. I run my fingers through his hair while he kisses my neck. If this is his distraction technique, I like it.

His hand travels up my thigh and soon finds it's way underneath my top. His cool fingers brush my hips ever so lightly making me shiver. My heart is beating so loud I know he can hear it, but I don't care. Nothing matters right now.

I manage to remove his shirt with his help. He tosses it to the floor and pauses to give me a look full of love. I'd really like to return the look, but, being the horny teenager I am, grab his belt buckle instead, pulling him back on top of me. His skin feels incredibly smooth to touch-a bit like marble.

I run my fingers over his back, delighted to be this close to him. I hold him closer, determined never to let go....

"Stella?"

Mindy's unmistakable shriek pierces the air. "Are you awake yet?"

"No," I reply loudly. "Go away!"

Gerard stops what he is doing and lifts his head so he can looks into my eyes. "I have to go."

"No," I say stubbornly, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"I've made breakfast," coos Mindy. Her voice is getting annoyingly closer.

Gerard gently disentangles himself from my body and hops off the bed, grabbing his shirt off the floor. It takes him a millisecond to put it back on. "I'll be back after breakfast," he promises.

He opens the window to leave, but turns back. "You might want to re-adjust your clothes before she walks in," he advises me with a smirk. Then he is gone.

I look down and realize I am exposing way too much flesh for it to be decent, so I hurriedly smooth down my pj's and attempt to do something with my hair. Then I remember I am supposed to have just woken up and spend a few seconds making it look wild again.

I flop onto my pillow just as Mindy walks in. "How are you, Stella?" she chirps, breezing in with a tray full of breakfast.

"Great," I say, sitting up. I make a big show of stretching and yawning while she fusses with my food.

"Glad to hear it, but I have to say, you had me worried when you disappeared like that." She hands me a glass of juice and a piece of toast. "Where did you run off to?" she asks, regarding me sharply.

"I had to help out a friend," I reply, taking a giant bite of toast so I can't answer anything else.

She watches me chew. I take as long as I possibly can before I have no choice but to swallow. "What friend?" she presses.

"Just someone I know." When did she turn into Sherlock Holmes?

"Was it Jacob?" she says.

"Nope," I reply. Which reminds me, I have to talk to him as well. I can imagine it'll be an awkward conversation considering the fact he turned into a werewolf the last time we met.

"I thought not. He called, by the way," she informs me flippantly.

"What?" I drop my toast. "What did he say?"

"He left a message for you. Said you should call him as soon as you got home. What else did he say?" She scratches her chin thoughtfully. "Oh, right! He also said he was going to kick "those dirty bloodsuckers" into touch." She looks at me curiously. "What bloodsuckers is he talking about. Is he having some sort of pest problem?"

"Erm....yeah." I get out of bed. "Something like that."

"You need to have a shower, missy," she says, wrinkling her nose. "You smell foul."

I sniff an armpit. Hey, there are no men present.

"Dear God, I smell like a cesspool," I mutter. What Gerard must have gone through earlier, I don't even want to imagine. "I'm hitting the shower, stat."

"Make sure you wash your hair good and proper. You look like an animal!" Mindy calls after me.

I glance at myself as I pass my mirror. I do look like pretty damn awful. Gerard must love me a hell of a lot if he's willing to put up with me looking (and smelling) like The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

*

"Honey! You're awake!" Dad greets me cheerfully when I walk into the kitchen 45 minutes later looking and smelling like I've used a whole bottle of shower gel on myself-which I totally have.

"Hey." I nod in his general direction as I pass him.

"Where were you, baby? I missed you," he wants to know.

"Italy," I reply. "Rescuing Gerard."

He nods absentmindedly while he reads the paper. "Good, good. And how did that work out for you, sweetie?"

"I haven't decided yet. I have to become a vampire within a year, I'm still trying to figure out whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Oh yeah, I also proposed to Gerard. He never gave an answer, so..." I trail off.

"Excellent, excellent," smiles dad. "I'm glad you're having fun."

I roll my eyes. I swear, it's like he lives on another planet. "Dad, have you listened to a word I've said?"

"Sure I have, honey," he replies, placing the newspaper down carefully beside him. "And I've got something to tell you."

I sigh loudly. "What is it?"

He smiles. "Well, it's good news actually. Mindy and I have-" He is interrupted by the door bell.

I jump to my feet and run to the door knowing full well it's Gerard. "I'll get it!" I yell. I open the door and sure enough it's him looking as perfect as always.

"Gerard!" I throw my arms around him enthusiastically. "You're back!"

"Shh, you don't want your dad finding out I was here before," he whispers, placing a finger on my lips.

"Oh, he doesn't care," I grumble. "He never listens to word I say anyway."

Gerard sighs. "He does love you, you know."

"Whatever. He loves Mindy more then me," I say petulantly.

Gerard says nothing but moves into the hallway. "Who's Mindy?" he asks casually.

"Dads stripper girlfriend," I reply, taking his hand. "They hooked up right after you left."

"Do you like her?" he inquires nonchalantly.

"She's alright I suppose," I reply with a shrug. "She always showed up when I was in trouble." Which is sort of weird when I think about it.

Gerard nods and goes into the kitchen where dad is sitting drinking coffee. Mindy is sat by his side examining her purple nails. "Good morning, sir," says Gerard politely.

Dad freezes when he sees Gerard. "You?" he whispers. "Here? Why?"

"I decided I didn't want to be apart from Stella anymore," replies Gerard calmly.

I swear, if dad has a freak-out I'm going to be sooooo mad. "Gerard!" I cry, cutting into the conversation. "Have you met Mindy?"

Mindy glances up. When she spots Gerard a smile breaks out on her face. "Gerard?" She gets to her feet. "So you're the famous Gerard Sullen I've heard so much about!" She extends a manicured hand for him to shake.

Gerard doesn't respond which I think is totally rude. I nudge him in the ribs. "Gerard," I hiss. "Be nice."

Gerard finally comes to life and takes her hand. I watch him closely. His eyes are hard, and from where I'm standing it looks like he is squeezing her hand pretty tight.

She on the other hand has the most fake smile plastered to her face, but I catch a glimpse of apprehension in her eyes. I must be imagining it because, hello? They just met.

He releases her hand. "So you're back for good?" dad grumbles.

"As long as Stella wants me," replies Gerard.

Dad mutters something under his breath. I can't hear it but from the amused look on Gerard face he caught it. "Shall we go now?" I urge quietly.

"Sure," says Gerard.

"Dad I'm going out with Gerard. I'll be back later, okay?" I smile and drag Gerard out of the kitchen.

"Don't be late coming back, you hear?" hollers dad behind us. "Wouldn't want to have to come after you." I think that is aimed at Gerard.

I slam the door shut gratefully and we head up the driveway hand in hand. "That was awkward," I say.

"Your father despises me," says Gerard with a smile. "He thinks life was better for you when I was gone."

"You mean when I was miserable?" I get in his car and try not to slam his door.

Gerard starts the engine. "He thinks I'm nothing but trouble."

I shake my head in disbelief. "He never voices his concerns aloud-not that I'd listen."

Gerard chuckles. "Spoken like a true teenager."

"Hey, you were a teenager once a million years ago," I say jokingly.

"I know, but teenagers were different back then. You guys scare the hell out of me now," he says.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Where are we headed anyway?"

"Somewhere quiet where we can talk," he replies.

"Can't wait," I say dryly. I hate talking about my feelings. Who am I? Dr. Phil?

"We have a lot to talk about, Stella," he adds.

"I know we do. Like what happened yesterday." I try not to glare at him.

"We'll discuss everything soon," he promises softly.
Sign up to rate and review this story