Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Huntress

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Cissy runs into Natasha...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-11-13 - Updated: 2010-11-14 - 2269 words

-1MarySue
I sighed at Professor Slughorn's words and slowly made my way to my feet. For all I cared, he could keep the pop quizzes as long as he wanted. Hell, he could never give them back to us for all I cared. Right now, pop quizzes were the least of my problems. My mood was currently swinging between anger and severe depression. I couldn't decide whether to break down and cry or scream out in frustration. Who the hell did Lucius think he was to start picking on me? He had absolutely no right!

Who's fault was it that Arthur Weasley had been firing off spells anyways? Who was it who had pissed off Arthur by tipping over Molly's cousin? Why, it had been Lucius, off course! He was such a fucking hypocrite for blaming me for getting in the way off Arthur's curse. If it hadn't been for Lucius, there wouldn't have been a curse!

As I thought all this through, my emotions turned from depression into fury. I didn't get Lucius. I couldn't understand him no matter how hard I tried. Right now, someone was going to be on the receiving end of my anger. I wasn't going to keep it all up inside any longer. It had been stored inside for too long and was now going to come boiling out.

Hands trembling slightly, I smashed my pen into my bag and stomped towards the doorway of Potions with blazing eyes. I noticed a few students look twice at me as I passed them. I assumed they were probably looking at my mangled eye. Fuck Walden. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have to deal with strange looks and long stares.

Anger intensifying, I practically ran down the corridor in search of Lucius. Part of me didn't want to find him. Part of me didn't want to know all the awful things I would say if I found him. However, the part deepest within me spoke the most clearly. It told me to find Lucius and tell him exactly what I thought of him. No longer would Narcissa Black be the quiet, submissive little sister!

After I thundered around the corner, I caught sight of Lucius walking calmly down the corridor as if all was right with the world. For some reason, his calmness and serenity only fueled my anger up even more. It popped and boiled inside of me, making me want to hit something or kick something (or okay, maybe someone).

Having no eyes for anyone but Lucius, I forgot to watch where I was going and fell right into a trap. Just as I was taking a step forward, someone stuck out a foot in front of me and sent me toppling to the ground. I hit the corridor floor with a loud smack and lay there stunned for a second. The second didn't last too long though. Being knocked down on purpose only made me angrier.

I jumped to my feet and looked behind me to see who had committed the foul deed. Giving me the look of death, was Natasha. And hell, what had happened to her? I looked bad; that was definitely true. I had a black eye, my hair was out of control, and insanity filled my eyes. However, Natasha looked even worse.

Yep, you heard me right - the most beautiful girl in school looked worse than me on one of my worst days. Why? Well, Natasha basically looked like the living dead. Her turquoise eyes were faded and dull. The golden locks that once shone like spun silk hung lifelessly around her shoulders. There was not an ounce of makeup on her face and big, puffy rings surrounded her eyes. Apparently, I was not the only one who had been crying tonight.

For a few seconds, the two of us just stood and stared at each other. To be honest, we were probably thinking the same thing about how bad each other looked. Natasha finally recovered and opened her mouth as if to say something. I braced myself, already preparing myself to come up with something to reply to her. However, just as I thought she was going to swear at me or cuss me out, Nat shut her mouth and just gave me another stare.

Wordlessly, she turned and vanished down the corridor. I stared after her in shock for a millisecond. Natasha had acted really weird. Normally, she wouldn't have missed an opportunity to take me down. Something was obviously wrong with her. Ever since the night of the dance, I knew something was wrong. Being the curious person I was, I couldn't help but wonder what exactly was wrong.

Natasha didn't occupy my mind for long though. Lucius was the only clear image in my head at the moment. My anger had cooled just a bit, but I still wanted to scream at someone. Lucius was the perfect person for that. Actually, Walden might be good for that too. I certainly had a lot of things to say to him. Of course, I didn't dare say any of those things though. I mean, who knew what Walden would do to me? He had already tried to rape me. What if he succeeded if he tried again?

Pushing these horrible thoughts out of my brain, I continued my pursuit of Lucius down the corridor. Unfortunately, just like last time, I ran into another obstacle. Bellatrix appeared from around the corner and gave me a sisterly smile, "Hey Cissy, what's up?" Then after taking one look at my face, she added, "Oh god, you look like living hell. What happened?"

I hesitated for a moment. Part of me wanted to tell Bella to go away since I had plans with Lucius and another part of me wanted to tell Bellatrix exactly what had happened with Natasha and Lucius. The second part of me won other since I was breathless and didn't really have the strength to continue chasing after Lucius. I still wasn't eating and so now I felt weak and exhausted all the time. I wasn't sure if this was a good change or a bad change. I was getting thinner, but was it attractive to have your ribs stick out at odd angles? That was something I wasn't sure about.

"Lucius literally called me a shit magnet in Potions," I complained loudly to Bellatrix, leaning up against the hallway to catch my breath. "Professor Slughorn asked if I had helped create the potion we made during the first week of Potions. Lucius said that all I had done was cause shit and that it was my fault that I got hit by Arthur Weasley's spell! Um, what the fuck? I mean, he was the one who had started the fight with Arthur. If it hadn't been for Lucius, there wouldn't have been a spell to hit me!"

I finished all this still flushed and breathless. Instead of releasing all the angry that had been stored up inside of me, I just felt ten times worse. At least Bella sympathized though, "Oh god, guys are so stupid sometimes. Lucius is pretty unpredictable too. You just never know what he's gonna say. But seriously, Cis, don't let it bother you. Seriously, who really cares what Lucius Malfoy thinks anways? He's just a stupid guy. Guys say stupid things to me all the time."

Bella didn't get it. How could I not care what Lucius thought of me? I cared about it more than anything! For some goddamn reason, I had made it my life's goal to please him. Also, I highly doubted guys said stupid things to Bellatrix all the time. Guys loved Bellatrix. She was a bit of a slut at times and only god knows how many guys she has slept with.

Deciding that Bella didn't need to know all that, I changed the subject to Natasha instead, "Hey Bella, have you seen Nat lately?" Bella, obviously still thinking about Lucius and rude guys, gave me a totally blank look. Still not processing what I was saying, she said in a confused tone, "Huh? Who's Nat? I don't know anyone by Nat."

Rolling my eyes, I clarified, "I meant Natasha. You know, Natasha who is Lucius' ex-girlfriend?" Bella's eyes instantly lit up and she nodded, "Oh right, that Natasha. The one who got pregnant from Lucius. Yeah, of course I know who she is. But to answer your question, no, I haven't seen her lately. Why? Is something wrong with her?"

"I would say so," I told Bella, imagining my little scene with Natasha from moments before. "She tripped me in the hall only a few minutes ago. When I got to my feet, she looked at me kind of strangely and then just walked away. Weird, huh? Usually, she would've told me something like, 'Watch where you're going bitch!'"

Bella thought for a moment and then shrugged, obviously not having much to say on the matter. I, on the other hand, wasn't quite done with it yet. I proceeded on to tell her, "That's not all though. She looks...well...bad." Alright, it wasn't exactly nice to call someone "bad looking", but I couldn't come up with any other words to describe her.

Narrowing her eyebrows at me, Bella leaned forward and asked quietly, "Bad? Define bad." I could see a glint in Bella's eyes and could hear excitement in her tone. No doubt she was looking for a bite of juicy gossip. Well, if that was what she wanted, that was exactly what she was going to get. I didn't feel too bad about gossiping about Nat since she had been so mean to me previously.

"She looks like an angel from hell," I told Bella truthfully, speaking as loud as I liked. I didn't care who else heard me. "She looks the same, yet she just looks dead. It's like she came back from the dead. It's kind of hard to explain though. Just wait until you see her yourself! Then you'll know exactly what I mean."

"Oh really?" Bella asked with a mischievous look in her eyes. "Well, I'll certainly have to keep my eye out for her. Sorry, Cis, but I've gotta go now. I don't want to be late for Astrology." Bellatrix turned to leave and then paused and gave me a concerned look as she said, "I know this is getting rather off topic, but I'm worried about you. I know you're all upset over yesterday, but you don't look very good yourself. You're kind of too thin. Are you eating?"

Was I eating? Nope. Bella didn't need to know that though. So like usually, I made up a lie and put a fake happy smile on my face, "Of course I'm eating. Why wouldn't I be?" Bella gave me a dubious look and opened her mouth to reply, but I was already heading down the hallway, looking for Lucius. I called over my shoulder, "See you, Bellatrix!" Then returned to tracing down my quarry. I started to pick up my pace once more. After all, Lucius was probably quite a bit ahead of me since I had stopped to chat.

Finally, after what seemed like hours of winding through endless corridors, I found a familiar figure with broad shoulders and glossy blonde hair. Ah ha, I had finally reached the right guy! As I looked at Lucius, the anger surged through me once more. Picking up my pace again, I ran until I was a bit ahead of him and then stopped directly in his tracks.

Forced to a halt, Lucius gave me a curious look and said, "Narcissa." Eyes blazing with anger, I said in a low, venomous tone, "I hate you, Lucius Malfoy. I really, really do." Those were the first words that came to my lips. I had been holding them inside all day and now they were finally out. I felt like I was finally getting a breath of fresh air.

Lucius' face remained expressionless and he said in an almost lazy voice, "Oh really?" That commented maddened me. I guess maybe it was his lazy, uncaring tone that pissed me off. Narrowing my eyes at him, I said, "Yes, really! Who the hell do you think you are to go blaming me for getting in the way of Arthur's curse at Potions, hm?"

Lucius didn't reply. He merely stared at me. Not needing an answer from him, I went on, "I don't get you. I really don't. Why are you sometimes nice to me and why do you sometimes act like I'm poison? Like what in the world was going on with you last night anyways? You saved me and then you wouldn't have anything to do with me. Why?"

As usual, I was asking for answers. It seemed like my brain was always a whirl of questions. Unfortunately, Lucius wasn't giving m answers. Instead, he was looking around him and flushing slightly. In an almost embarrassed voice, he said quietly, "Please, keep your voice down. You do know that everyone is staring at us, don't you?"

I turned my face around and saw that indeed everyone passing through the corridor was staring at us. Right now, I didn't given a damn though. Raising my voice even louder just to piss off Lucius even more, I said, "I want answers. You owe them to me. If you really hate me this much, why didn't you just let Walden rape me last night? Hell, you might've even enjoyed watching it!"
Sign up to rate and review this story