Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "I Could Wait For You For... Forever"

"Not too long ago I gave up hope..."

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 0 reviews

A little insight into Gerard and Bennie's personal lives.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-19 - Updated: 2010-11-20 - 1871 words - Complete

3Ambiance
“Are you kidding me?" Gerard asked as he stepped onto Bennie's bus. Bennie looked up from the magazine that was next to her plate.
"About what?" She asked before returning her attention back to the magazine.
"Vodka and Red Bull with your breakfast?" Gerard asked as he pointed to the bottle of vodka that sat next to her can of Red Bull. Bennie shrugged.
"In case you haven't looked at a clock recently it's almost two o'clock." Bennie nonchalantly said before taking a sip of her drink. Gerard grabbed the bottle of vodka.
"Let me put this away for you." He said as he walked over toward the ink.
"Oh, thank- What the fuck are you doing?" Bennie demanded as Gerard poured the vodka down the sink.
"Oh shit! I didn't mean to do that!" Gerard mordantly said as he threw the bottle into the trash can.
"You're buying me a new bottle of vodka. Right now! We're stopped. What are we close to?" Bennie screamed as Gerard reached for her can of Red Bull.
"We're parked outside of a hotel. We're in New York now. I refuse to buy you a bottle of vodka in New York... too expensive." Gerard smugly explained as he threw the drink into the trash.
"I loathe you." Bennie said through gritted teeth as she stood up.
"Shut up... You think I'm hot." Gerard said raising an eyebrow. Bennie groaned and stormed off over to her closet. She grabbed her wallet, cigarettes, and lighter before running off of the bus. Gerard ran outside after her.
"Bennie... you're not wearing any pants!" He called after her. Bennie looked down at her bare legs and thanked god they were in an alley before running back onto the bus.

"So... we're... all sharing one room?" Bennie asked as she walked into the hotel room they had checked into.
"It's one hotel room but there are ten bedrooms. It's this entire floor." Gerard explained as techies came in behind them.
"You guys get the five rooms on this side." Ray said as he came out of his room and pointed across the hall.
"Wait a minute. There are five rooms left, there are five of you. Where do I sleep?" Bennie asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Well... I'm the only one not sharing a room with somebody, so unless you want to room with one of the couples..." Gerard said before disappearing into a bedroom down the hall. Bennie rolled her eyes and quickly walked after him.
"So... how long are we here?" Bennie asked as she put her purse on the chair next to the door.
"Three nights. We have a show in New York City tomorrow and the night after that, but for tonight, everybody just kind of has their own plans." Gerard said as he grabbed his room key and walked back out the door. Bennie ran after him.
"Where are you going?" Bennie asked.
"To pick somebody up." Gerard said as he turned to face her. Bennie smiled nervously.
"Could I... go with you? I don't have any plans."
"Sure. We're just going to take the subway, so I wouldn't bring anything with you." Gerard informed Bennie as she smiled. Gerard grabbed her arm and led her out of the room.
"So, where are we going?" Bennie asked after they'd stepped out of the chaos of the overly full hotel room.
"An old friend's house." Gerard said.
"Can you tell me who?"
"I'll tell you when we get there." Gerard said as they stepped into the elevator.

"Daddy!" A little girl shouted as she opened the door to the apartment that Gerard and Bennie had taken the subway.
"Hi, Freddie." He said as he picked his small daughter up and walked into the apartment.
"Hi Daddy's friend." The little girl said as she waved at Bennie.
"Lindsay, I'm here and I took Freddie!" Gerard called into the apartment as he picked up a small suitcase next to the door.
"Okay! Have her back by Friday." Lindsay called back.
"So, where do you want to go to dinner?" Gerard asked as he shut the apartment door behind him.
"Uh... I want skettis." The little girl said as Gerard put her back on the floor.
"Daddy, who's your fwend?" She asked as she tugged on Bennie's pant leg.
"That's Bennie. She sings like Daddy and Uncle Jimmy." Gerard explained as Bennie continued to stare at the small girl.
"I didn't know you had a daughter." Bennie said as they stepped into the elevator.
"Well, we're not exactly famous... But she's two-and-a-half. Her name's Helena, but we call her Freddie." Gerard explained as Freddie begun to dance in the middle of the elevator.
"She's adorable." Bennie said. Freddie turned around and held her hands up at Bennie. Bennie picked her up.
"I'm going to be a singer too." Freddie whispered. Bennie laughed.
"Oh, really?"
"Really! Listen... 'Mama, just killed a man, put a gum against his head' see. I sing pretty" Freddie said with a big smile.
"And that's why we call her Freddie." Gerard said as they stepped out of the elevator.
"Daddy, Bennie is pretty. You should marry her." Freddie said as Bennie put her down. Gerard laughed as if that was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard before taking a hold of one of her tiny hands.
"Bennie drinks too much Red Bull for daddy." He said as Bennie grabbed onto Freddie's other hand.
"Oh... Okay. Let's get skettis now."


Bennie's eyes flew open as the door to the bedroom she was sharing with Gerard slammed shut. She grimaced as someone crawled across the bed, and nearly screamed when their hand slipped over her eyes.
"Guess who." Gabe whispered into her ear. Bennie sat up.
"I thought you'd be going home since your tour is over." Bennie said as she uncomfortably hugged him. Gabe shrugged.
"I have a song I want you to hear. I wrote it a while ago, but I don't think it was finished yet the last time I saw you." He said as he jumped off of the bed. Bennie followed him with her eyes as Gerard uncomfortably watched the scene unfold from the corner where he'd been reading a magazine. Gabe turned the radio in the corner and blasted the CD that he'd just taken from his pocket. He handed the case to Bennie who stared, smiling at the "cover", a picture of them on the front page of People magazine, back before Bennie had started drinking. Things were different then. She'd needed him for more than just physical reasons then.

"I’m not one for love songs.
The way I’m living makes you feel like giving up
but you don’t,
and I want everything for you.

My disappointment
‘Cause you’ve been left behind
and the world has its shine,
I would drop it on a dime for you.

(Hey oh!)
And whatever it takes.
(Hey oh!)
I’m gonna make my way home.
(Hey oh!)
We can turn our backs on the past
and start over…

Not long ago
I gave up hope,
But you came along
you gave me something I could hold on to.
Whoa-oh.
And I want you.
Oh, whoa.
More than you could ever know.

Before I met you
I used to dream you up and make you up in my mind (up in my mind)
Whoa-oh.
And all I ever wanted
was to be understood.
You’ve been the only one who could.
I could never turn my back on you.

(Hey oh!)
And whatever it takes.
(Hey oh!)
I’m gonna make my way home.
(Hey oh!)
We can turn our backs on the past
and start over…

Not long ago (not long ago)
I gave up hope, (I gave up hope)
But you came along (you came along)
you gave me something I could hold on to.
Whoa-oh.
And I want you.
Oh, whoa.
More than you could ever know (more than you could ever know.)
More than you could ever know.
It’s you.

Not long ago
I gave up hope,
but you came along.
Gave me something I could hold on to.
Whoa-oh.
(Yeah!)
Not long ago (not long ago)
I gave up hope, (I gave up hope)
But you came along (you came along)
you gave me something I could hold on to.
Whoa-oh.
And I want you.
Oh, whoa.
More than you could ever know."

Bennie bobbed her head to the beat, and listened closely to the words. She shrugged her shoulders.
"What's all that supposed to mean?" She asked as she turned her attention back to her dresser and searched for her bottle of vicodin, she was sure she'd really need it after he left.
"We had that fight, and things just haven't been the same. I thought about it, and you really do mean a lot to me. Bennie... please listen to me." Gabe practically begged. Bennie looked back toward Gabe, her eyes falling on Gerard as she did so.
"I would, but I'm not sure how my boyfriend would take it." She mumbled, hoping he'd hear her. His eyes narrowed as he stared at her.
"Just give me one night to prove to you that everything can be back the way it was before we had that fight." Gabe said. Bennie thought for a minute.
"You mean like when you would ride on my bus instead of yours?" She asked raising an eyebrow. Gabe nodded.
"It's not like you to beg." Bennie said as she stood up. Gabe looked away from her.
"I'm... I'm not begging." he said as Bennie handed him back the CD case.
"Go ask Max for the keys to my bus. You have until I'm done getting ready to be down there." Bennie said as she walked toward the bathroom. Gabe nodded his head and walked out of the room. Bennie flopped back onto the bed.
"What was that about?" Gerard asked. Bennie shrugged.
"I don't remember the fight... I just... I haven't really wanted to be with him for a while... I just... I don't know." Bennie rambled. Gerard stood up.
"We're all taking Freddie to the Bronx Zoo. If you want to come, you guys are more than welcome." Gerard said before walking out of the room. Bennie sighed and walked over to the bathroom.
This is gonna be a long day without anything to drink.



Bennie stepped onto her tour bus and looked around.
"Gabe?" She called out. She heard movement from the back, and walked toward her bed.
"Get up. We're going to the zoo." Bennie said as she grabbed Gabe by the arm and pulled him out of bed. Gabe looked her up and down.
"You're going to the zoo in that?" Gabe asked. Bennie looked down at her outfit. Red knee-high boots, white skinny jeans, a black skin-tight t-shirt, and a cheetah print sweater-vest.
"Why, what's wrong with it?" she asked as she walked into the bathroom, giving herself another once-over.
"Nothing." He said as he shook his head. Bennie shrugged.
"Okay. Let's go then." She said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him out into the early afternoon sun.
Sign up to rate and review this story