Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Come, splendor

Chapter 1

by D-Darko 0 reviews

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-23 - Updated: 2010-11-23 - 877 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

“There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder.”

True love is like ghosts, who everyone talks about and few have seen. I’m here to tell you a little about love and its demons, the bad side effects and the surprisingly good memories of it. When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to him; whether the light which surrounds him like a halo comes from you, from him, or from the meeting of your sparks. Sometimes it's a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence. You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. But remember - When love is not madness, it is not love. Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image... otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

Love is being stupid together, and not caring about what the world thinks of you and your better half. Love is a magical thing, but it’s also a dangerous road to go down on. Your heart can break before you know it, and then you’ll be left with half a heart. I will tell you about my experiences and my tales about love, how I ended up heartbroken and left alone, but still found my way back. My name is Gerard Way and I’ve lived through most love notes and scandals you can think of. What I don’t know about love could probably fill a whole book, but at least I know a little something to be able to give you all a lesson about true love. I’m a hopeless lover and a hopeless romantic, but at least I can use it to make you learn about the mistakes I did.


.-.-.-.

I was half in love with her by the time she sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something beautiful, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. I fall in love too easily, and tend to give a part of my heart away, and later I’ve learned it’s a horrible thing. Each time I give away a part to that someone I think I love; I lose a part of myself that I’ll never be able to find again. All this because I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.

Her green orbs looked like heart shaped confetti through my eyes. Call me a cliché, but that’s what I saw when I really concentrated on her. She must have noticed me staring and gave me a weak smile back. Her short blonde hair looked like an angel’s rope, nearly white and cotton like. I have to learn not to fall in love with everyone I see. How am I supposed to learn about life when all I do is learning about love and its side effects? I don’t say anything; I suppress the urge to say hello to the angel – like girl. I want to study her from close, to see what her outside looks like. People and their beauty tend to fascinate me.

I see her mouth moving, but no words spoken. Is she mimicking to me? Is she saying she loves me? Is she saying…?

“Hi!” And there she said it, the words I’d been dreading. “You need anything? You’ve been staring at me for a while now.” Her voice was smooth and raspy, nearly harsh. It didn’t suit her angelic face, it gave quite the twist.

“No I…nothing.” I smile, feeling my face reddening. “It’s just…you have beautiful hair.”

She smiles when I say this, “thank you,” She laughs slightly, either finding my words ridiculous or being surprised.

The cold January weather brushes through my clothes, making me shiver. It’s a beautiful day thought; the sun shines and almost no skies. But it’s still cold as ice cream. It’s also quite the challenge to sit on a bench feeling your ass getting colder by the second. But I loved it; I love being outside and meeting new people.

“You seem cold,” she states the obvious, smiling with her angelic face. I swear she looks like an angel.

“I’m okay,” I smile back, still lost in her eyes. Oh come on, don’t you half fall in love this time as well.

“Well, I better go. Nice talking to you.” She says, rising from the bench.

And there she goes. No fireworks, no goodbye, and no exchange of numbers. She just leaved…but it was nice talking to me she said. I smile because of this.

It starts raining by the time I walk home.


.-.-.-.
Sign up to rate and review this story