Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Come, splendor

Chapter 2

by D-Darko 0 reviews

Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-23 - Updated: 2010-11-23 - 768 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men have said they’ve seen angels, but I have seen you and you alone are enough.

I wish this would start like that; in a beautiful poem with myself and that someone I love. Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies, and unfortunately doesn’t have me in it. I’m still looking for that one I can love, whether it’s a man or woman doesn’t matter. I believe you can love both sex no matter what the consequences are. I know that love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before, and it makes me unhappy to not be able to experience that anymore.

We picture love as heart-shaped because we do not know the shape of the soul, this I know because I’ve experienced what I once thought was real love. Unfortunately it ended up thrown in my own face a week after. I still don’t fully understand what makes love so holy, but perhaps it is the way we cannot live without it. Without love there would be no starvation in this world for the human. We need love to be able to function as the human we are.

“Gerard, why do you think it is you still end up in the same cycle?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s God’s way of telling me I should back off.”

“Do you believe in God?”

“I don’t know…should I?”

The room is brown painted and cozy, yet a little sad. There’s only one window in the corner of the tiny office, with billions of paintings on the walls. Dr. Meridian sits in a chair opposite of me, one leg crossing the other. He looks serious, only a tiny little smile rests at the corner of his thin lips. I take a look at the familiar surrenderings around me, the little office I’ve been paying a visit to once a week for two years now.

Dr. Meridian sighs, changing position in the chair; “this cycle of yours, is this some kind of mechanism to forget what your problem really lies around? His voice is dark, yet comfortable to listen to. It makes me sleepy to sit there and listen to his calming voice.

“I don’t know…This ‘cycle’ or whatever is what I’ve been preparing for my whole life; the meaning of love. I need to know what makes people attach to the one another, what makes them so fascinated by their presence even when they have nothing in common. I need to know what makes me fall in love this easily. I’m in search for…I don’t know…answers?” I finish my little speech feeling restless. I need to go outside for a smoke, but it’s still ten minutes of the session. I tap my fingers on the chair, waiting for Dr. Meridian to say something.

“And why do you think you’re so fascinated by this? What is it that makes you so obsessed by the thought of love?”

“It fascinates me. I’m a man obsessed by love, never heard of it before?”

Dr. Meridian looks at me thoughtfully, scribbling something down in his notebook. I feel the tension lying around like a shadow waiting to explode, thick like porridge.

“And…I met someone yesterday. A woman. She looked like an angel thought.” I smile while thinking about the woman from yesterday on the bench.

“You exchanged numbers?” Dr. Meridian asks.

“No, we didn’t. I just observed her, her angel like features. I think she was frightened by me. She leaved soon after.” I say this sounding like I wasn’t affected by the woman at all. But truth is I can’t stop thinking about it. But there’ll be someone else soon, soon enough I’ll find someone else to share my thoughts to.

“Time’s over.” Dr. Meridian says, “meet me next Wednesday.”

I rise from the chair and leave.

I just need to remember that True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If I hear bells, I should get my ears checked. It’s a lesson to all of us.



.-.-.-.
Sign up to rate and review this story