Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope for Me is...

Chapter 6

by MCRmygirl 0 reviews

Gerard's trial.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-26 - Updated: 2010-11-27 - 1367 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Okay, once again, I have been told by some people who have already read this that I am in severe danger of being killed. In a joking manner, but still. So let me say now, things WILL get better, but they have to get worse first. Yes, things CAN get worse. I'm sorry. MCRmygirl out.

Frank's POV-
I felt like I was in a dream. I heard Gerard's voice shouting my name and caught a brief glimpse of him struggling to get to me, with a police officer forcing him into handcuffs. It made no sense and made my head hurt. I faded back into the welcoming darkness.

I awoke in a hospital bed with Autumn hovering over me. She looked as though she had been crying, and looked worried. Her look of worry quickly faded to one of relief when she realized I was awake.

"Frankie! Thank go! We have to get to the prison!" she exclaimed, planting a kiss on my lips and clutching me to her.

"What?" I asked, trying to remember what had happened.

"Frank, you're been asleep for two days. That whole time, Gerard's been in prison for murder and we have to demand a trial. You have a concussion, by the way," she explained, pushing a button that would summon a nurse.

"Wait, prison?" I asked, the events of the past two days flooding back to me. She had attacked me and then went after Gee. He had grabbed the lamp... But I felt no remorse. Just fear for Gerard. "Do you know what they do to guys like us in prison? He'll end up raped or- we HAVE to get him out! Get me out of here! I need to see him!" I swung my legs over the side of the bed, ignoring the throbbing pain in my bandaged head, only to be blocked by Autumn.

"You are not going anywhere without a wheelchair," she told me, putting her hands on my shoulders and forcing me to remain on the bed. The nurse came in with a wheelchair and helped me into it, despite my protests. Autumn wheeled me into the car, and we were on our way to the prison.

During the ride, Autumn assured me that Gee was only in the prison until the trial, and then we would get everything straightened out. I nodded, barely taking in a word. Gerard was in jail. Because of me.

"It's all your fault!" my mind screamed at me as we sped towards our destination. "This is what happens when you fall in love! People get hurt! You should have left him well enough alone! You should take this to your grave; hide your feelings."

Take this to my grave... I knew just what I had to do.
*

Autumn pulled into the parking lot outside of the prison and lowered me into the wheelchair. I let her push me into the jail, too emotionally exhausted to argue.

"Gerard Way. Where is he?" Autumn demanded from the officer behind the desk. He pointed to the hallway to his left, stunned.

I immediately wheeled myself down the hall to his cell, leaving Autumn to interrogate the guard. Despite my earlier composure, I had to make sure he was okay.

I glanced in each of the cells, but couldn't find any prisoner that looked like Gee. I was about to give up when I heard a faint voice. "Frankie?"

I spun to face the voice. The boy that was kneeling in front of the bars was barely recognizable, but it was Gerard.

His hazel eyes had lost their twinkle, as if all the joy had been sucked from him. His hands were dry and cracked and his knuckles white from gripping the bars. His hair was cropped short and he had a pained look in his eyes.

"Gee," I whispered, rising from the wheelchair and crossing the room, my head throbbing. I knelt in front of him, the bars keeping us apart. I reached up and ran my hand through his newly shortened hair. "They cut your hair."

He laughed quietly, taking my hand.

"When do I get to be the only hope for you, Frankie? Because you're the only hope for me," he said, a bit of happiness returning to his sorrowful eyes. I mentally slapped myself. Coming here was going to make it that much harder to leave Gerard, but I knew I had to. It was the only way to protect him. But I always was a glutton for punishment...

"Frank?" Autumn called sweeping into the hall. "I don't mean to interrupt, but the guard says we have to go. The trial's in fifteen minutes, and they have to get Gee ready for court. It'll be an easy win with you as the only witness, but we have to get there. Gerard, you'll be free soon, I promise." She wheeled the chair over to where I knelt.

"I love you Frankie," Gee whispered, stroking my face. I found myself almost repeating those words, but stopped myself. I didn't want to hurt him any more than necessary. So I smiled and said, "We'll get you out, Gerard," and Autumn wheeled me out to the car, leaving a hopeful Gerard in our wake.

Gerard's POV-
Everything moved so quickly after Frankie left that my emotionally exhausted body focused on that last sight that I had of him, his hair stylishly messy, his hazel eyes filled with love and pain. Before I knew it, I was seated in the courtroom listening to Frankie tell the judge what he remembered about that night. When Frank was finished, the judge called my name. Getting up the stairs was hard with my cuffs, but I managed it.

"State your name."

"Gerard Arthur Way."

"You are charged with intentional homicide. How do you plead?"

Intentional? "Not guilty, your honor."

"Did you kill Mrs. Iero?"

"Not intentionally."

"Why did you strike her?"

I glanced at Frank. "She was hurting Frankie." I quickly realized how that sounded, and continued. "She struck him and went after me. I hit her with the lamp in self-defense. I didn't mean to kill her, your honor."

The judge asked a few more questions before I saw that she was smiling down at me.

"Well it seems this had just been a big misunderstanding. This boy is obviously no psycho, and did what was necessary to save his life, as well as the life of his friend. Not guilty!" she exclaimed, swinging the gavel. "Case dismissed."

Frank's POV-
My heart leapt when those two words. I wanted nothing more than to rush up and wrap my arms around Gee's neck, to hold him and never let him go. However, knowing what I was going to do as soon as the chance arose, I restrained myself.

Mrs. Way embraced her sons as I stood there wondering where I was going to live. I was too young yo stay by myself legally, and there was no orphanage in Belleville.

As if she had read my mind, Mrs. Way pulled me into the hug and clutched me to her, tears streaming down her face.

"You're going to come live with us, right Frank? You can share a room with one of the boys, okay?"

I found myself nodding, knowing all the while how hard it was going to be living under the same roof as Gerard after what I was going to do to him. However, I could always stay in Mikey's room...

I was ushered out of the courtroom with Gerard on my right and Mikey on my left. I made sure to keep my eyes off of Gee and keep my mind focused on what I was going to have to do. When we finally wove our way through the socializing, gossiping crowd and into the parking lot; me leaning heavily on Mikey to keep from collapsing from the pain in my head; I leaned over and whispered in Gee's ear. "Can I talk to you alone? Follow me." I broke away from Mikey, who nodded in understanding, and headed towards the small wooded area to the left of the courthouse, Gee close on my heels.
Sign up to rate and review this story