Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Summer of Secrets

Chapter Eighteen

by godessoftrees 0 reviews

Ginny receives several letters from her family.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [Y] - Published: 2010-12-06 - Updated: 2010-12-07 - 2072 words

-1MarySue
A/N: I know Fred & George's letter was short but I had a hard time writing it. I'm not much of ahumor writer so the twins always give me a big problem.




Warnings For This Chapter: cutting, sexual situations




Disclaimer: I only own Harry Potter in my dreams.




Chapter Eighteen




DearGinevra,




I know you have your second appointment with Healer Seacrest tomorrow, and your father and Iwanted to tell you we are so proud of you. We know how hard things have been for you, and, while we wish you had come to us, we want you to know we understand. We both love you very much.




We want you to know that you can come to us about anything. We are here for you. We know Harry arranged for Bill to come and visit you. We would both like to thank Harry for that, and all that he has done for you.




Harry is a wonderful boy, and we know he will help you through all of your problems. He is certainly aspecial young man and you are very lucky to have him. Know that you have something very special with him and it should not be taken for granted.




We know that you will continue to get better with the help of Healer Seacrest, and with Harry by your side. Don't forget that you have a family who loves you very much and would do anything for you.




We have decided to come with the rest of the family to your upcoming Quidditch match. I know you'll do well and help Gryffindor win.




We will see you soon.




Love,




Mum and Dad




H/G




HeySquirt,




I hope you're doing well. I know you're showing all those Gryffindors just what you're made of. I'll see you at your next Quidditch match. I know you'll make me proud!




I heard Bill came by to see you. Ihope seeing him helped. I know I may not have always been around, but I'm going to try to make that up to you. I may not be the best brother in the world, but I want to try to be a better brother than Ihave been.




Anneliese and I have taken jobs at the Ministry with the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. I hated to leave the dragons in Romania, but with things getting as bad as they are, I need to be at home with my family. So expect to see a lot more of me than you have in the past, Squirt.




I know you don't know Anneliese very well, but I really want you to like her. You are my only sister, and if it came down to it I would pick you over any girl, but I really want you to like her as much as I do. She'll be at the game this weekend, so maybe you can start to get to know her then.




I'm very proud of you, Gin. You've been through so much and I know you'll get through this as well. You have a family that loves you very much and we will always be by your side.




I love you, Squirt.




Love,




Charlie




H/G




Gin-Gin,




George and I were happy you stopped by yesterday. Business is certainly booming. I hope you and Harry will put those free samples to good use.




Maybe leave a little surprise for Filch, Weasley style. Just don't get caught. Evading detention is just half the fun after all!




Mum told us the whole family is meeting up for the Quidditch match this coming weekend. We'll be there. I hope those new beaters do their job well.




Yeah, we would just hate to have to roughen up someone who let a Bludger hit our baby sister.




We know you'll do us proud and help insure a Gryffindor win!




Fred and I are proud of you, Gin. We may not say it enough, but we love you dearly and would hate to lose you. You're our only sister, and maybe we've taken you for granted, but we want you to know we're here for you.




If you ever have a problem or need ashoulder to cry on, swing by Hogsmeade. We're always either there or at Diagon Alley. Either way, we can be at Hogsmeade in a heartbeat if you need us. We have an apartment over both shops and alternate which one we stay at.




So if you need us, don't hesitate to come by. If we're at Diagon Alley, send us a Floo and we'll be there in a jiffy. You're our little sister and we both love you very much. Even though we don't say it nearly enough.




Love,




Fred and George




H/G




HiMunchkin,




I have very big news. As you've probably heard from the rest of the family, we're all coming up for your Quidditch match this coming weekend. Well, Fleur and I have decided to go ahead and have the wedding at Hogwarts that weekend. Iknow, I know, it's very sudden (and no she's not pregnant). We just hadn't set a date yet and when we heard the whole family was going to be together, well you know how hard it is to get all of us Weasleys together.




It's just going to be a small family affair with Mum, Dad, Charlie, Fred and George, Ron, Hermione, Fleur's parents and her little sister, and Harry, of course. I would rather things be different and have my entire family there, but that isn't likely to happen, with Percy being up on his high-horse.




Fleur has said your dress is ready. Since she took your measurements at Christmas, all you need to do is try it on before the wedding. The dress is gold. Fleur would have chosen pink, but said it would clash with your hair. I'm perfectly happy either way and I know you look beautiful in anything.




I know Fleur isn't your favorite person, but I hope you'll grow to like her and maybe even love her like I do. She's an amazing woman and is very caring. I sat her down the other night and told her everything that has been going on. Itold her about your first year at Hogwarts and how the nightmares have caused you such pain. Fleur cried for you. I know you don't want pity and she doesn't pity you, but the fact that you are in so much pain caused her pain. She really does like you, Munchkin, and I hope maybe someday you will return that feeling.




I love you so much and I'm proud of you. I know between you, Harry and Ron Gryffindor will win this match. I'll see you there.




Love,




Bill




H/G




“Iknew he would go to Mum.” Ginny sighed as she folded up the last letter, slipped it back into the envelope and shoved it into her pocket.




“She's just worried about you, love.” Harry took her hand and allowed her to lead him out of the Great Hall.




“Well, I wish she wouldn't.” Ginny waited for the staircase to move into position before continuing on their way to Gryffindor Tower.




“She's your mum. I wish I had amother to worry about me like that,” Harry said.




“Oh, Harry.” Ginny stopped outside the Fat Lady's portrait and turned to look at him.




“It's okay, Gin, really, I'm fine.” Harry tried to assure her.




“No, you’re not.” Ginny shook her head. “And you know Mum thinks of you like another son. She loves you just like she loves the rest of us.”




“I know that, but it’s not the same as having my own mum. Someone I can actually go home to for the summer holidays. Instead all I have are the Dursleys,” Harry replied.




“You could come home to me.” Ginny smiled.




“You know Dumbledore insists Ispend some time at the Dursleys.” Harry had yet to explain that to Ginny. He knew he had to soon, but the matter hadn't come up yet.




“I know. I was just trying to cheer you up.” Ginny squeezed his hand.




“I can think of other ways for you to do that.” Harry gave her a suggestive smile.




Ginny laughed. “Can you now?Well, that will have to wait. I have homework.”




“I suppose I have some of that, too.” Harry sighed, following Ginny into the common room.




H/G




Ginny sat up and beat her pillow into a comfortable form. She laid back down. It was useless. She would never be able to sleep. Ginny couldn't stop thinking about her appointment tomorrow. She was filled with dread at the thought of it.




Climbing out of bed, Ginny found her box and pulled it out. She opened it and grabbed her spare razor. Ginny decided she couldn't cut her wrist. It was just too risky. Pondering her predicament, she finally settled on an unusual area. Her pelvis. The area was covered by her knickers, and no one would know about it. It was perfect.




Ginny pressed the razor to her skin and drew it across four, five times. She pulled it away from her flesh and examined the wound. It wasn't enough. The skin wasn't as sensitive as the skin on her wrist. Ginny put the razor back in place and dragged it across her skin three more times. Finally. Pain.




H/G




Harry and Ginny spent their Monday morning free period in his dormitory. Ginny was stretched out underneath Harry. His lips covered hers as they kissed passionately. Harry deepened the kiss, moaning when their tongues met. Clothes were shed quickly. When Harry moved back to gaze at her, he frowned. At first Ginny was confused, then she remembered.




Ginny moved her hand and tried to cover the cut on her pelvis. Harry grasped her hand and pulled it away. Sighing, he finally asked, “Why?”




“It doesn't matter.” Ginny grabbed her undergarments and started to get dressed.




“Why?” Harry repeated.




“Because.” Ginny wasn't going to tell him.




“Damn it, Ginny, I deserve an answer!” Harry exclaimed. Ginny was shocked. He never raised his voice to her. She knew she had to tell him, but she didn't want to.




“I. . . .” Ginny trailed off.




“Why?” Harry asked firmly.




“I'm never going to get better. Healer Seacrest can't help me. Talking can't help me. It doesn't make the pain go away. Nothing does. Nothing but. . . .”




“It's not good, Ginny. I thought you said you wanted to get better.”




“I did. But now . . . I just don't know.” Ginny looked down at her hands.




“Why didn't you come get me?” Harry asked.




“I told you. Talking is helpless. Everything is.” Ginny fought back her tears. She wasn't going to cry.




“I thought you said talking to me helped you.” Harry's voice was filled with hurt, his emerald eyes clouded with pain.




“It's nothing to do with you, Harry. I just don't see how anything can possibly help me.” Ginny reassured him. “I mean, look at me. Look at what I do to myself. I'm crazy.”




“No, you're not.” Harry disagreed. “You're in pain. You've been through so much in such a little amount of time. It's enough to drive anyone into depression.”




“Normal people don't do this to themselves,” Ginny insisted.




“Normal people aren't possessed by Voldemort at age eleven,” Harry shot back.




“I have to go get ready for class.” Ginny moved to get up.




“Please don't leave. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.” Harry reached for her hand.




She sat back down. “You didn't upset me. You didn't do anything, Harry. I'm sorry I disappointed you.”




“I want you to get better, Ginny. I want to help you. But you have to let me help you.” Harry squeezed her hand.




“I'm trying, Harry. I'm trying.”




“That's all I ask for, Gin. Just try. I'd give anything to have you well again, you know that. I love you.” Harry kissed her cheek.




“I know. I love you too.”




“You know we'll have to tell Healer Seacrest about this.”




Ginny sighed. “I know.”




“All right, well we need to get ready for class. Walk you to Transfiguration?”




“Of course.” Ginny smiled. She kissed him chastely before leaving and going to her own dormitory.




She didn't know when or if she'd ever get better; but if getting better meant she could live a happy life with Harry, it was worth it.
Sign up to rate and review this story