Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Run Like Hell

Aftermath

by westie 0 reviews

Talking to the police. My friend Terra is such a nerd. She's a real person, and she really acts like this.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2010-12-07 - Updated: 2010-12-07 - 437 words

0Unrated
“Can you tell me what happened, son?”

The policeman in front of me was a bit on the fat side. He was older, maybe in his forties. Similar policemen were interviewing my girls. All around us, windows were illuminated with the flashing of cop cars. Red, blue, red, blue.

I looked back at the man I was speaking to, lying. “Yeah, so we were all downstairs. And the electricity was off.”

“Yes, the wire sending electricity to the house was cut by hand.”

“Wait, what?” In reality, though, I wasn’t surprised. Lance was the type of person who loved dramatic fights. He probably cut the electricity because fighting in the dark was so much more ‘fun’.

“Yes, we believe it was the man who broke into your house. Now, please continue your story.”

“Right.” I ran a hand through my hair absentmindedly. “The man came in through the front door. I told the girls to run upstairs, and when the man came through the door, I shot at him. I missed, though, because it was dark, and he punched me, and I dropped the gun.”

“Okay, so the handgun was yours, not his?”

“Yes.”

“Alright. Please continue.”

“Well, he kept hitting me, but he ran when he heard the sirens.”

“Did he say anything else?”

I hesitated, but only for a moment. “Uh, no. he didn’t say anything.”

“Thank you, son,” he said, scribbling on his notepad. “Once your friends finish, you can all go get some rest somewhere else.” He walked away, beginning a conversation with another officer.

To my left, Terra was still speaking to her officer, who kept trying to walk away from her. “And I really like things that are round. I have a whole collection of marbles at home! I count them every night before I go to bed. I have over 1,000 marbles! My favorites are the big purple ones cause they’re purple, which is not the color yellow. I hate the color yellow! It is my least favorite color!”

Before she could go into a rant about yellow things, I grabbed her and put my hand over her mouth. “Terra, don’t you think you should leave the nice officer alone? She probably has work to do.”

Terra nodded happily as I pulled her away. The officer mouthed ‘thank you’ at me with a small smile.

“Okay, Terra,” I said to my struggling quarry, “I think we should round up the others and head over to my place. What do you think?”

Terra thought for a moment, then beamed up at me. "Only if you make me cupcakes."
Sign up to rate and review this story