Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Through the Never

by devilsgyrl 1 review

Lucius manages to get into lots of trouble...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-12-08 - Updated: 2010-12-08 - 2299 words

-1TrainWreck
All I did was stare at Walden in complete shock for a few minutes. If you called Lucius Malfoy unskilled, then you had definitely lost your mind. Sneering at Walden, Lucius thrust his wand towards him and jumped up to his feet in a fluid motion. Unfortunately, that caused me to lose my balance and topple onto my back onto the ground.

Trying to catch my breath, I propped myself up onto my elbow and waited for my strength to return so I could sit back up. I was still recovering from Walden's kick and it took me a couple deep breaths before I stopped gasping for air. Hearing my gasps, Lucius turned around and saw me lying on the floor. He looked from me to Walden and then back to me again. I could see that he was undecided about what to do. Would he fight Walden or help me back to my feet?

Walden laughed at Lucius' indecisiveness, "Love is such a hard thing, isn't it? Lust is so much easier you know. All you need is one random girl to have it satisfied. Love is complicated. It's always so demanding. Besides, it appears your girl here wouldn't last more than three or four seconds without you by the looks of it."

Rage filling me at being called weak for probably the hundredth time today, I scowled at Walden and said, "Will you stop talking like I'm an object or as if someone owns me? I'm my own person, you know. I decide what I do and when I do it. And also, I'm not as weak as everyone seems to think I am."

Turning back to me, Walden raised a mocking eyebrow, "Oh really? You say you're not weak, but all I see is a little girl lying on her back with a kitty. You wouldn't last two seconds against me. We both know that, so don't try to be all Miss High and Mighty. Even Lucius here knows what would happen to you if he wasn't here anyways."

"Don't you dare," Lucius gritted through his teeth, still pointing the wand at Walden, "ever refer to her like that again." Suddenly, in the same momenet, Lucius and Walden pointed their wands at each other and fired off a spell. Walden's spell was a solid ray of purple light and Lucius' spell was composed of red sparks. The two spells met in the middle and went flying off to hit the walls. One smashed right through a chandelier and sprayed glass everywhere. The other one zoomed straight into a picture hanging on the wall like a bullet.

A deafening roar cracked in the hall just as the clicking of footsteps and a tall figure appeared. Oh shit, now we were caught. Looking totally shocked by what she had found, Professor McGonagall's expression went grave and she asked, "My, my, what in the world is going on here? Arthur Weasley is unconscious, Narcissa is weezing on her back, and Walden and Lucius look like they're going to fight to the death! What is the meaning behind all of this?"

"Walden insulted Narcissa and kicked her," Lucius said, eyes still never leaving Walden and wand still pointed towards his chest. Glaring at Lucius, Walden retorted, "It was an accident. She and Lucius were making out on the floor. I didn't see her until I had actually run into her. Would it really be my fault that I was sent to find Narcissa because she had chosen to make out with her boyfriend instead of participate in class?"

McGonagall contemplated all this for a moment and then frowned, "That part may not be your fault, but I can see you just used a spell in these very corridors only a few minutes ago. That would certainly be your fault. I am sure you are fully aware that magic is not permitted in the corridors under any circumstance. Now my only question is: how did Arthur Weasley end up unconscious?"

"He was in the wrong place at the wrong time," Lucius replied smoothly, "There's no more to it than that." Thank god for Lucius. He always knew what to say when nobody else did. Giving him a scrutinizing look, McGonagall frowned and thought for a moment. She took turns fixing each of us with her piercing stare. I felt very uncomfortable under her eyes. Just in case I still looked ruffled from earlier, I tugged my sweater down and hugged my robe against me.

Finally, Professor McGonagall came to her verdict, "Alright, since I'm not exactly sure what happened here, I'm just going to give detention to all of you. Arthur Weasley will have to go to the hospital wing. The rest of you can continue on to class. Well, your next class anyways. There's no point in going to your previous class for the last five minutes."

I could've hugged the Professor for saying those words. I didn't think I would survive if I had to travel alone back to Potions with Walden. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to realize what Walden would've done with me. Leaning down, Lucius extended his hand to me. I took it and slowly got to my feet. Still under McGonagall's intense stare, we all scurried away to class. I suppose I should've been glad of her intervention. Without it, who knows what Walden and Lucius would've done?

~ ~ ~ ~

I didn't really get a chance to talk to Lucius after the fight with Walden. He had Divination to go to and I had to get to A History of Magic. History seemed to go by at a snail's pace. Professor Binns droned on and on and to be honest, nobody gave a shit about what he was saying. Well, maybe Lily Evans was. She was sitting in front of the class and was scribbling notes down.

Nobody else was paying attention though. Sitting nearby to Lily was a group of four boys that just wouldn't shut up. I recognized one of them as Sirius Black. Unfortunately, I was unlucky enough to be related to him. Luckily though, the two of us never talked and pretty much left each other alone. It was all for the best. I didn't want to associate with his kind.

As I chewed out my frustration at Walden on my poor pencil, I watched the boys get rowdier and rowdier. To me, it was obvious that they were trying to get Lily's attention. To be honest, I really just didn't get what was all so special about this Lily Evans girl. Okay, sure, she was pretty. But besides for that, what did they see in her? It appeared that she was smart, but she was also a mudblood.

Just when I thought one of the boys was going to get on top of his desk and start dancing, Professor Binns dismissed us. I breathed a sigh of relief for that and hurried out of the room. On my way out, Lily caught my eye. She gave me a smile, but I just looked quickly away. I didn't want to be making connections with mudbloods. My mother wouldn't approve and besides, they were below us.

Now that class was out, I decided to hurry back to the common room and see if Lucius was there perhaps. I wanted to talk to him privately once before Christmas break. On my way back to the common room, I ran into Severus. I would be lying if I said things between us had gone back perfectly to normal. They hadn't.

Things were so awkward between the two of us now and it was all due to that fucking kiss. Whenever I saw Severus, my heart leapt into my throat and a weird feeling pulsed in my veins. I couldn't identify it and maybe that was a good thing. Sometimes things were best when they were unknown. This was one of those things.

"Hello Narcissa," Severus said with a pretty smile that sent shivers down my spine for all the wrong reasons. "How are you?" To be honest, I was doing terrible considering the circumstances. But when Severus was around, my brain failed to function properly and all I could do was manage to squeak out, "Alright. What are you up to?"

Blushing a shade of pink, Severus looked at me bashfully and replied, "I wanted to try to find Lily before Christmas break. I wanted to talk to her since I won't see her until she returns. I'm just staying here at Hogwarts over break. How about you? And...um...you haven't happened to see Lily at all today, have you?"

Before, Severus' obsession with Lily hadn't bothered me. Today, it touched a nerve though and I felt like slapping some sense in to Severus by telling him that there were many people with purer blood that would like him to be obsessed with them instead. Luckily, I managed to control myself and said instead, "I'm going back to my mom's house with Bellatrix and Andromeda over Christmas break. To be honest, I'd much rather stay here though. I'm going to miss Hogwarts a lot. And yeah, I just say Lily. That James Potter guy was flirting with her all during A History of Magic. She went that way." I pointed to the left.

Narrowing his eyes, Severus cursed and then said, "Damn James Potter. He really could just leave Lily the hell alone. But anyways, good luck with your Christmas break, Narcissa. I hope you have a nice time. I'll see you next year. Until then, I'm off to go find Lily. Merry early Christmas!" With a wave, Severus turned and started striding down the hall with determination in his eyes.

I watched him go with mixed emotions and then went back to traveling on back to the common room. I walked the rest of the way without incident, which was really quite lucky. I mean, I could've run into Tom, Bellatrix, or Walden. Hoping beyond hope that Lucius was in the common room, I reached forward anxiously, twisted the door knob, and stepped inside.

What I saw before me was literally my worst nightmare. Bloodcurdling screams and series of pleading whimpers revolved around the room and filled my world. Tom had his wand pointed at a convusling figure on the ground and had a malevolent smile on his face. The convulsing figure had straight whitish blonde hair and tortured gray eyes. Oh my god, Tom was using the Cruciatus Curse on Lucius!

Acting on impulse, I ran across the room and grabbed Tom's arm. I immediately tried to snatch the wand out of his grasp, but to no avail. Tom's grasp was firm and the wand didn't move an inch. Lucius writhed and twisted in pain on the floor. His eyes were wide, his hair was all over the place, and his lips were opened slightly as a tortured scream ripped out of his throat.

"What are you doing?" I cried out, thinking that this day had turly turned into a nightmare. "He's one of your fellow Death Eaters! He hasn't done anything wrong." My eyes wild and hysterical, I looked for something I could do to help Lucius or stop Tom's torture. The rage inside me was consuming me and all I could see was white flames of fire.

"Ah, why it's Lucius' little pet kitty," Tom simpered, using a very insulting analogy. "Too bad there's nothing you can do to help him. Want to just sit back and enjoy the sights? I still have a long ways to go with Lucius. He needs to learn what happens when he disobeyes the Dark Lord. He's been a very naughty little boy playing with you, little pussy."

I was really starting to get fed up that everyone seemed to think Lucius or really any guy in general, would only want me for my sex. Was I really that undesirable or something? I would've let Tom know exactly how I felt about being called a pussy, but I had more important things to say first. Stumbling forwards, I knelt before Tom and grabbed the edge of his robes.

Begging and pleading, I said, "Please stop! Please! I'll do anything. Torture me instead if you must." Tom looked down at me with disgust and kicked me away. I went sliding across the floor and crashed against Lucius. Still looking at me disdainfully, Tom said in a matter-of-fact voice, "Well, I could torture you. You'd be no fun though. You'd be dead within minutes. At least I can keep Lucius here going for a while." At that, Lucius gave a little whimper and he tried to turn to me.

However, before Lucius was able to get me into his vision, Tom lowered his wand. Lucius collapsed on the ground and didn't move a muscle. I knew he wasn't dead, but I could tell he was very weak. He had already been forced to undertake Arthur Weasley's curse from earlier and now Tom wanted to torture him too.

I scurried over to where Lucius was laying and tried to get him to sit up. Before I could get him into a sitting position, Tom whipped his wand at Lucius and cursed, "Imperio!" Imperio? I had no idea what in the world that spell did. Giving Tom a very suspicious look, I asked, "What's Imperio? What does that do? You won't hurt him anymore."

I used my last statement as a sentence versus a question. I couldn't bear to see Tom torture Lucius anymore over me. It just wasn't fair or right. Unfortunately, Tom had other ideas. Raising an eyebrow at me, he said, "Oh really, Narcissa? Who do you think decides that? Me or you?"
Sign up to rate and review this story