Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak

Snake Charm

by Laylah 16 reviews

His first night with the Cirque du Freak, Darren learns more fascinating things about his new friend Evra. Slash.

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Erotica - Characters: Darren Shan, Evra Von - Warnings: [!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2005-05-19 - Updated: 2005-05-20 - 1330 words - Complete

4Hot
Snake Charm

My first full night with the Cirque du Freak was even more amazing than the first day had been. I fell asleep as early as I could, exhausted from all the work I'd done with Evra and then my lessons from Mr. Crepsley. When I woke up again, it was still dark, and everything outside was quiet. But more importantly, something scaly was slithering across my chest. Then the fingers closed around my shoulder, and I realized it wasn't the snake again -- it was Evra's arm!

"Evra?" I whispered, a little nervous. "Don't tell me you sleepcrawl, too."

He was quiet for so long that I thought he must really be asleep, but finally he whispered back, "No, I'm awake." He sounded almost as nervous as I was. "Is this okay?"

"Yeah," I said, "it's okay." I thought he must be lonely, living with the Cirque du Freak, not having anyone his own age to talk to. And I remembered he'd said that snakes like to curl up with people to share their warmth. I wondered if Evra was cold-blooded.

So I reached up and touched his arm. His scales felt cool and dry under my fingertips, and just slightly bumpy. He moved closer to me, hissing softly, I guess to show he was pleased. He pressed against me, and I could feel his breath on my neck. I shivered. That felt weird, but good. It was a little like when Mr. Crepsley licked my fingers to stop the bleeding after he made me into a half-vampire, or like drinking Alan's blood when he skinned his knee. But it was better than that. Less creepy.

"I really like you, Darren," he whispered, and then he leaned in and licked my ear!
I jumped, startled, and I felt him freeze. "I -- I'm sorry," he stammered. "I shouldn't have -- I --"

"Evra, I'm not mad," I said. "I just didn't expect it." He stopped trying to apologize, but he stayed tense. I turned toward him.

I meant to just lick him back, to show him it was okay, but it was dark and I couldn't see very well, and I wound up kissing him on the mouth.

Evra held very still for a minute. Then he kissed me back.

A normal boy would have stopped him -- wouldn't have let it happen in the first place. But a normal boy wouldn't have been traveling with the Cirque du Freak. I wasn't normal anymore, and Evra had never been. So I kept kissing him. I opened my mouth a little, and felt his tongue slip between my lips. That was a little worrying -- I remembered how long his tongue was, and I was afraid he'd choke me -- but he was careful, and it wasn't bad at all. Actually, once I got the hang of it, it felt really good.

Evra's arms slid around me, and that was good, too, but... "Evra," I said, "are you sure this is okay? I mean, what if I get carried away and bite you?"

"Do you want to bite me?" he asked.

I thought about it for a minute, then took a deep breath to get his scent a little better. "No," I realized. "I don't. I guess it's because of the snake blood, but you smell wrong. For biting, I mean."

He laughed. "Good!"

I still wasn't sure, though. "But I could still hurt you by mistake. I'm a lot stronger than a normal boy."

Evra smiled at me -- I could just barely make out his expression in the dark tent -- and tightened his arms around me until I thought my ribs would crack. "It's okay," he said, sounding entertained by my gasp of surprise. "I'm pretty strong, too."

"Well in that case," I grinned, "let's get back to business." I went back to kissing him, and reached up to run my fingers through his hair. That felt surprisingly normal; his skin was strange and scaly, but his hair was just soft. He worked his hands up under my shirt, and I got goosebumps from his touch, cool against my back. Not in a bad way, though. As a matter of fact, by the time he ran his fingers under the waistband of my trousers, I was starting to get excited.

Which would have been really embarrassing, with him pressed up right against me able to feel it, except that I didn't think I was the only one. Actually, the way he moved his hips against me, I was sure I wasn't the only one.

"Darren," he said softly, "will you -- will you touch me?" I was confused for a minute, and I was about to answer, /I thought I already was/, when I realized what he meant. "I'll do it for you, too," he promised.

Back to that normal thing again. I couldn't imagine Steve or Tommy or Alan doing this with each other, ever. I know the kind of names they'd call me for this. But it wasn't like I'd be seeing them again. And the people in the Cirque du Freak dealt with much weirder things all the time, so I figured I'd worry less about people's prejudices and more about what felt good.

"Yeah," I said. "I'd like that." The next minute was a bit awkward, as Evra squirmed out of his shorts and I struggled to get my trouser buttons undone. The night air was cool on my exposed skin. And then I reached for him, and he reached for me.

I'm not sure what was weirder, touching someone else there or being touched. His hand was cool, so I was starting to be pretty sure he was cold-blooded, but it was also silky smooth, and that felt great. It seemed like his was bigger than mine, but I think that was partly just because he was older. I was nervous about doing it right -- it's a lot harder when you can't feel what you're doing! -- but he seemed to like it. He started hissing again, his breath in my ear, and I could feel him getting tense where he was pressed up against me.

"Oh, Darren. Yess... yesss..." Evra's whole body tensed up beside me, so hard he was almost sitting up, and I felt him come in my hand. He collapsed against me, catching his breath. "Thanks," he said.

"No problem," I assured him. "What about me?" He'd stopped paying attention to what he was doing those last few minutes, and I was feeling a little neglected.

"Sorry," he grinned. "Let me know if this makes you feel better." He slithered down between my legs and licked me. I gasped, and he did it again. "More?"

"Yes! Please, more." I had never felt anything like that.

"I thought so. Check this out." He leaned over again, and I felt him wrap his tongue all the way around it!

"Oh God, Evra, that's amazing," I panted. He closed his mouth on me and started sucking, using his tongue to find sensitive spots. I just about lost my mind. This was nothing like doing it by myself.

I didn't last five minutes -- Evra was just too good. And he stayed there while I came, and he swallowed it, which seemed kind of gross to me, but he didn't act like he minded at all.

"Wow," I said when I got my breath back. "Thanks. That was great." He slid back up next to me, and I hugged him.

"It was fun," he agreed, and he settled his head on my shoulder. "I'm glad you came to the Cirque, Darren."

"Me too." My heart swelled in my chest. I'd been so afraid I'd never be able to have a friend again. "I hope we stay here for a long time."

We fell asleep like that, curled up together, arms around each other, and it was the best night's sleep I'd had since the first time I heard of the Cirque du Freak.
Sign up to rate and review this story