Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Nine: Love In The Air?

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

The Chosen and Senshi relax together in the dining hall when Tranquility and Serenity find their past has caught up with them...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-05-12 - Updated: 2006-05-13 - 2603 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: The Chosen and Senshi relax together in the dining hall when Tranquility and Serenity find theie past has cuaght up with them...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
-
-
-
-
CHAPTER NINE: LOVE IN THE AIR?
-
-
-
Serenity and Tranquility sat down at the dining hall table and the tsuki-hime picked up a pear. She stared at it dully, wondering about the threat to the Earth Realm and numerous others. 'I saw how Shao Khan looked at Scorpious. He has plans for his great-grandson, plans that involve conquering the Realms and adding them to OutWorld...there was something else about the look that he gave Scorpious that made my blood run cold and my flesh crawl...almost as if he was physically attracted, sexually desired his own flesh and blood... Good thing Scorpious is completely oblivious to such things. Scorpion and the rest of that clan will protect him if need be, although from what I am sensing from Scorpious, it is as though a greater destiny lies deep within him, as does a power as great as my Cosmos form and Shi's Celestial form. I hope none of us need to use those forms; if we unleash our more powerful attacks, we could end up accidentally destroying not only this planet, but the entire Solar System as well!'

"What's wrong, Serenity?" Asked Magnus as the blind warrior sat in the chair beside hers.

"I'm worried that this tournament is nothing more than a farce in order to lure us out for a larger attack." She replied as she nibbled on her pear. Beside her, Tranquility was shoveling food with enthusiasm, taking full advantage of the 'all you can eat' buffet. It was common fact during the Silver Millennium that getting between the fourth prince of the Moon and his food - most importantly his coffee - was a move considered suicidal; his twin had learned he wasn't worth talking to until the second cup of coffee in the morning because if she did, she'd only get gibberish.

Magnus picked up an orange and began removing its rind with a small /tanto-gata/. "My sister gave her Klan orders to be on constant readiness just incase Shao Khan did try to attack during the tournament. That is why my Mother and other Sisters, as well as the other Klan leaders are not present at the tournament."

"How many are in your Klan?" She asked.

"Almost forty active members, not including our students and the members we have spread across the Realms. Sabra's planning on asking Clarimond to join us after the tournament ends." Magnus replied.

"Students?" Serenity and Tranquility asked in perfect unison, each with an upraised brow.

"/Hai/. There are many young people out there with incredible Gifts, but no way to control them. We 'adopt' the Gifted and not only train them in the use of their abilities, but also the basics of any proper education." Magnus told her as he bite into the peeled orange.

"Its good your Klan watches out for them." Serenity said, with a smile; Tranquility grunted around his chopsticks.

"We don't want the forces of OutWorld or others like OutWorld to get to them and turn them against their Realm and be a threat." Sabra said as she sat on the other side of Serenity.

"But we also love them and care for them as though they are of our own flesh and blood." Scorpio stated as he sat in the seat opposite his elder brother.

"Where is Scorpious?" Magnus asked.

"With that female that has short blue hair. She insisted that she should treat his injuries." Scorpio replied with a shrug, "Rather determined for one so small."

"That's Ami, small and determined," Serenity said with a chuckle.

"But he wasn't even hurt; he only had a spilt lip." Magnus said with an upraised eyebrow.

"I think she likes him. That or she wants to get a scan of him with her computer," Tranquility snickered, receiving an elbow in the side from his twin. "Awwww come on, it's true! Be nice or I'll stop snooping!"
-
-
-
-
-
"Hold still!" Ami exclaimed as she tried to pull the facemask off of Scorpious's face.

"/Iie/!" Scorpious growled as he tilted his head back, the object Ami had been trying to reach darting out of her fingers' reach. "Wait for me to remove my weaponry, /Onna/. My blades make a scalpel look dull."

"If you insist..." Ami said with a sigh. "And I know that creature hit you in the lower abdomen."

"It's going to form a bruise, and that's it." Scorpious said to Ami as his long, agile fingers unbuckled the straps the criss-crossed his chest containing his hira/ shuriken/ and shaken before he set them down on a side table beside one of the lounge's couches. Unstrapping the sheathes containing his bo/ shuriken/ from his thighs, he set them beside his other weapons on the table before doing likewise with the bands on his biceps and forearms. Removing his tanto-gata/ /and/ kunai/, he set them beside his bo/ shuriken/,/ hira shuriken/, and his shaken throwing blades. He removed and set his katana and wakizashi beside the couch.

"That creature was incredibly strong and I want to make certain there are no internal injuries," the petite female insisted.

Scorpious sighed and removed his dark gold tekko (hand covers) before he pulled the somewhat loose long-sleeved black turtleneck off, showing the black undershirt he wore underneath. Deep scars gouged the smooth tan flesh of his shoulders and biceps. He undid the small strings that held his undershirt together and pulled it open to where Ami could inspect the large, dark bruise from where the female Shokan had managed to land a blow on his muscular abdomen. Ami pushed at him to sit on the couch, and with a grumble, the ninja did so. She pulled up a small footstool and perched on it between the ninja's muscular legs, a slight blush appearing on her cheekbones as she noted the proximity of her body to his. Holding up the Mercury computer, she immediately began to scan for internal injuries as she gently probed the injury, forcing her mind off how strong and unconsciously sensual he was.

He sat there stoically as Ami poked the bruise, no expression of pain crossing his visage. The Mercury computer beeped as it completed its scan.

"Good news, you don't have any internal injuries." Ami informed him and Scorpious had to restrain his urge to give her a 'no shit' look. The Mercurian reached out and pulled his facemask down, the tight black hood sliding back off his head at the same moment.

Ami felt her mouth go dry at the sight of Scorpious's visage. He jaw was squared and his mouth was sensual with its narrowly tapered upper lip and fuller bottom lip, while his nose was slightly hawkish and had the appearance of being broken several times and his cheekbones where high and sharp, almost blade-like in appearance. 'By /Kami-sama/, he's gorgeous!' Ami thought.

"What's wrong? My lip is only split, not torn off," Scorpious asked, his ebon brows knitting over the bridge of his nose in a frown of annoyance.

Ami blinked and blushed as she saw he was correct; his lower lip was slightly swollen from where Sheeva had split his lip. "Gomen/ ne/."

"Its all right." He sighed as she brought out a cotton ball and applied some peroxide to it.

"This may sting." She warned him.

"Been through worse," came the ninja's cryptic response.

She nodded her head and gently rubbed the cotton ball against his lower lip, washing away a greenish-orange substance that had the coppery scent of blood...
-
-
-
-
-
Rei grinned as she listened top her lover's plans of conquest.

"You are as intelligent as you are handsome, /Itooshi/!" Rei cooed as she stroked Endymion's cheek with her long, crimson painted nails.

"Soon we shall rule over all of OutWorld and conquer other Realms, adding them to our Empire. All we must do is kill my family so that none of them can challenge me for my throne."

"Agreed! When should we set out plans into action?" She asked, tilting her head, allowing her long ebon hair to fall seductively across her pale shoulder and bosom.

"Soon, /koi/, soon," he promised before crushing her lips with his in a passionate kiss to seal their plans...
-
-
-
-
-
Clarimond leaned against a column, watching as Stryker lifted weights. The policeman could no longer participate in the tournament, but that didn't mean he was going to slack off in his training.

'Organic he may be, but he is strong...' Clarimond thought to itself. 'I wonder if they know I am not a mere machine. Serenity and Tranquility suspect; so do Magnus and Rayden for that matter. I cannot help but wonder what the other Chosen will do when they discover for the first time that I am more than a machine...'
-
-
-
-
-
Hotaru leaned backwards in her seat as she sipped her grape juice. She was glad Serenity-hime was cheering up in the presence of Earth Realm's Chosen warriors. Scorpio, for instance, seemed to have made it his mission to make the tsuki-hime laugh. The generally cold ninja warrior was being charming towards Serenity-hime and the Sailor Senshi of Venus and Jupiter.

"You have to promise me that you will be careful in the next round of the tournament." Scorpio informed to the Chosen, "Some of Khan's more skilled warriors have been hiding in the shadows, like Sektor. The cyber warriors are a threat and we have to always be on out guard -- not all of them are programmed to protect us like Clarimond."

"Maybe we could reprogram them if we could get a hold of them," Serenity said; beside her Tranquility made a noise of agreement as he ate his rice.

"If Carmen was here, we'd do just that; she's a genius with biomechanics." Scorpio sighed with a slight grimace. "But she's at Mugen right now."

"Khan-Hashabi Carmen?!" Michiru exclaimed, with Haruka and Hotaru's jaws dropping open.

"Hai," Magnus said with both eyebrows upraised. "You know her?"

"She's the one that always ties with Ami in all those exams!" Michiru informed him.

Serenity chuckled slightly before bursting out into full-blown galls of laughter.

"You alright, Koneko?" Haruka asked.

"Oh the irony!" Serenity giggled. "Our allies' little sister is Ami-chan's biggest intellectual rival! And Ami's not here to hear it!"

Scorpio snorted with laughter as he shook his head while the others snickered. Tranquility quirked a brow as he tried to muffle his laughter; instead he snorted quietly.

"I am certain when this tournament is over with, the two will be glad to meet face-to-face." Scorpion said.

"Oh lord, I can hear them talking in the languages of geniuses." Minako giggled.

"Better pack a sleeping bag, /minna-chan/, because we'll need them!" Scorpio sighed dramatically.

The group burst out into laughter once more...
-
-
-
-
-
Ikuko and Kenji finished their snacks and were getting ready to leave the dining hall when a familiar laugh echoed through the room. 'I know that laugh! Its that damn bitch Usagi's!' Ikuko thought as she and her husband turned to see the source of the laughter. A group of fighters sat at a large table not too far away from the Hidoi couple. Among those fighters sat the silver haired fighter named Serenity; her hairstyle was the same as Usagi's. One of the male fighters said something that caused her to laugh again and they knew, without a doubt, that girl was Usagi!
-
-
-
-
-
Serenity laughed at Scorpio's mock flirtations and shook her head.

"/Doomo/, Scorpio, it's been a while since I've laughed like that." she said to the Ninja in charge of protecting the Chosen warriors.

"I sensed that was possible and made it my mission not to just protect you, but to make you laugh; I had a feeling you had a beautiful laugh and I was right." Scorpio replied, his twinkling hazel-gold eyes betraying his solemn tone.

"If there's something my Nii-chan likes to be, its right!" Sabra laughed.

"I like being on top too!" Scorpio laughed as he waggled his eyebrows with mock suggestiveness at Minako and Makoto, both of who giggled.

"I know I heard that obnoxious sound Usagi called laughter!" came the venomous voice of Hidoi Ikuko.

"It can't be," Serenity breathed as she stood and turned to see her foster parents almost a meter away from her. Tranquility had gone deathly pale as he too stood.

"/Yare, yare/, look at what we have here." Kenji sneered as his eyes raked Serenity's body, "A trashy, little runaway whore!"

Tranquility growled, half-rising from his chair, catching his foster mother's attention; Ikuko gave a derisive laugh, "And a worthless bastard too!"

"Damare//!!" Shi snarled the vulgar term meant to silence the man as he stood, shoving his chair back hard enough to send it toppling backwards. His eyes and hands glowed with a black Ki and on his masked brow was the black glowing insignia of Dosei's Royal House that was visible, even against the black fabric.

Ikuko cowered behind Kenji in absolute fear of the unearthly warrior whose now black glowing eyes promised a slow and painful death.

"Leave her alone, or you will have to deal with me." Shi snarled.

"What is your name?!" Kenji demanded, irritable that the shinobi was being so disrespectful.

Shi smirked cruelly behind his mask as he stated coldly, "They call me Shi."

Kenji paled while Ikuko whimpered in fear as she burrowed behind her husband to shield herself from the gaze from the warrior called 'Death'. Kenji's face then went from white to red as he swung his fist at the shinobi who merely slapped the wrist of the offending fist and the crack of bones breaking echoed in the now silent dining hall. Kenji shrieked in pain as he clutched his shattered wrist and his head snapped backwards from Shi's palm strike connecting with Kenji's chin.

"/Koi/!" Ikuko screamed as she caught her husband's limp body.

"I suggest that you and your wife leave Serenity-hime and Tranquility-ooji alone, or I will kill you." Shi stated as he picked up a green pear and to the shocked eyes of all that were present, the pear shriveled into a fine dust that sifted through Shi's slender and powerful fingers. As though to drive his words home, the warning gong for the fighters to return to their places sounded; to many, the gong sounded like a death knell.
-
-
-
-
-
The Chosen gathered back in their box, some shaken by Shi's behavior; they had never imagined the sheer brutality and power of the quiet /shinobi/.

One of the Shadow Priests handed a highly anticipated scroll to Shao Khan.

"Kitana versus Mileena," Shao Khan announced with an evil, deprived grin after he had read the scroll.
Sign up to rate and review this story