Categories > Original > Romance

The Flagraiser's Son

by FLutist715 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-12-22 - Updated: 2010-12-22 - 284 words

0Unrated
These are the characters...

Laren Brady ; Age 17 Hometown : Czechle, KY
She works at the local music/record shop, is a junior at Marine High School, and loves Rock music.
Laren is an only child with a father in the Marines and drives a yellow VW beetle. Her best friend and
cousin is BJ (Billie Joe).

Miklos Strank ; Age 17 Hometown : Czechle, KY
He works at the local museum, is a senior at Marine High School, and loves punk music.
Miklos has one younger brother in the 7th grade at Marine Jr. High.
His father is the Flag raiser Mike Strank. He drives a silver Isuzu Trooper.

Mike Strank b. 1919 Jarabenia, Czechoslovakia. d. 1945 Iwo Jima, Japan.
Mike's right hand is the only hand of a flagraiser not on the pole. His right hand is around the wrist of Franklin Sousley, helping the younger man push the heavy pole. This is typical of Mike, the oldest of the flagraisers, always there to help one of his boys. Two months before the battle Mike's Captain tried to promote him but Mike turned it down flat: "I trained those boys and I'm going to be with them in battle," he said.
Mike died on March 1, 1945. He was hit by a mortar as he was diagramming a plan in the sand for his boys. Mike is buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
(This story happens as if Mike Strank lived through the war. He won't be in the story that much)


Billie Joe Brady ; Age 18 Hometown : Czechle, KY
He works at the local museum with Miklos, is a senior at Marine High School, and loves punk and rock music. Laren's dad is his uncle. His best buds include Miklos and Laren.
Sign up to rate and review this story