Categories > Original > Drama

A Look at the Bad Life

by mandanoma 0 reviews

the bad side of life

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Published: 2011-01-16 - Updated: 2011-01-17 - 483 words

0Unrated
Joseph lay asleep, dreams running wild through his head, without noticing it himself, he was running three alternate storylines. He dreamt of having another shot at one day he couldn’t forget, while also riding his bike down an old road that was filled with memories. He also dreamt of a knock at his door. All of those led to the same place. He was ready to say it. Tell it straight, and stop avoiding the truth. He awoke to find it was only 3:00 in the morning. He thought of his dreams and realized how bad he wanted to tell her how he felt. He threw himself out of bed and acquired an outfit from his wooden drawrs. He got in the shower and began to ponder how he was going to go about it. Hr thought of just walking up to her and stop beating around the bush. He closed his eyes and thought of how to deal with all the possible responses.
The bell for first period rung and he walked in to class with a smirk on his face. He took the seat in front of his friend, Mike. Mike was a shorter kid with shaggy red hair. His hair was died black most of the time, but this week, he forgot to dye it.
“I’m gonna tell her, Mike.”
“Really, is this like the other thirteen times you told me this?”
Joseph let out a long, pathetic sigh.
“Yes.”
Miranda had always been a close friend of Joseph’s. In fifth grade, she had been his second closest friend, next to Thomas. In sixth grade, he began drifting from her. He let his emotions get in the way of his friendship. He first thought of his feelings as a petty crush, but as he began noticing the cute little things she does. He noticed how she always flipped her hair over her eye when she was talking and how she always carried a picture of her pet dog in her binder cover. He loved her. She was one of the nicest, sweetest, most caring people he knew. But due to how his social status was collapsing, he didn’t want to drag her down with him. He pushed her away when she helped him, and now they say few things to each other a week. The bell rung and he proceeded to band. He took up a seat next to his best friend, Thomas.
“Dude, yesterday I pulled off this wicked stunt! I jumped off a bridge and as I was going to just land in the river, but I missed. I pulled my parachute, and landed RIGHT ON THE ENEMIES FLAG!”
“Yeah, cool…”
“Dude, are you thinking about Miranda again?”
“….yeah….”
“Dude, ask her out!”
“I’m a nobody, Thomas.”
“Wuss.” Thomas whapped me in the head and went back to practicing his scales. I failed……..again........
Sign up to rate and review this story