Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Laceration Gravity p1

Laceration Gravity p6

by dArDeViL 0 reviews

Mikey gets sick and Skyler's on her own at school and misses Mikey. After school Skyler goes to Mikey's house and tries to take care of him.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-01-17 - Updated: 2011-01-17 - 1459 words

0Unrated
The sound of my alarm clock going off woke me up. And I was mad. I’d like to say that I had a pleasant dream about Mikey, but no, instead I had a horrific nightmare where everyone on the planet died, leaving me to be the last person on earth which also left me to wonder why I was always an abnormal exception.

My dreams were so strange. They always seemed to get weirder and weirder. Irrationally, inconceivably, I wanted to be one of those dead people, anyone but myself.

I got out of bed reluctantly and dressed in black jeans and a blue tee. Once I was fully dressed I grabbed my messenger bag, headed downstairs, and walked out the front door.

About halfway to school I met up with Frankie.

“Hey, Skyler,” he greeted me happily.
“Hi, Frankie.” I smiled. “Where’s Mikey? Don’t you two usually walk together until you have to split off in separate directions?”

I remembered the way we met Frankie yesterday and how close they seemed to be.

“Yeah, we do, but Mikey’s sick.”
“What happened?” I asked, trying to suppress the worry in my voice.
“Well, when he got back last night he wasn’t wearing his hoodie. He had it wrapped around his waist. His face was completely red and shortly after he returned he threw up. It was gross but at least he made it to the bathroom,” Frank explained. “Anyway, Gee was furious. It’s the worst possible time for Mikey to get sick. Our gig is only four days away so we’re all hoping for a speedy recovery.”

I felt terrible, horrible. I should have never accepted his jacket in the first place. Now he was sick. And now I’d have to walk Belleville High on my own, especially since I didn’t know anyone else or have any other friends there.

“Poor Mikey. I hope he gets better,” I mumbled sadly.
“Yeah, he’ll be okay. But it looks like you’re on your own,” Frank retorted as he came to a sudden stop on the sidewalk. “This is where I depart but I’ll see you after school, okay?”
“Okay,” I replied as I continued walking.

Today was Tuesday but I wanted more than anything for this day to end.

Time flew by quicker than I expected it to and soon it was Friday. Friday and Mikey was still sick. Then I passed him, Derek Wickman. I wasn’t going to let him get to me, though. Not anymore.

He was me walking toward him but looked away and continued talking to his friend. I was glad he didn’t say anything, but I also found it extremely weird. Derek always had something to say.

I got through all my classes easily- even Chemistry. The one class I had with Derek. Once again he didn’t say a thing or make any rude comments. Maybe he had given up completely.

When the bell finally rang for my sixth period class to be over I rushed out of the gym and went to see Mikey.

School was over and I couldn’t wait to see his face again. I had missed him so much. Even though he was sick I knew I could make him feel better.

I made it all the way to Mikey’s street and up to his front porch. I knocked timidly but loud enough for someone to hear.

The door opened swiftly to reveal Gerard standing on the other side.

“Is uh-is Mikey here?” I asked softly.
“Yeah, he’s in his room, but he’s sick.”
“Can I still see him, Gee? Please.”
Gee shrugged and said, “Suit yourself.”

Gerard was being polite, but not as polite as I believed he was capable of. The guy I met a few days ago was more cheery. I knew Mikey must have told him the story of that night when he got sick and lent me his jacket. That explained the reason Gee was being so hostile but I knew if they missed their gig tomorrow I would be held responsible and he’s be even more hostile toward me.

I walked into the Way home timidly and looked ahead of me. Ray and Bob were here also. For two nineteen year olds- Ray and Gee- and an eighteen year old- Bob- they sure were home a lot. Guess I knew where Gee’s parents were- work. They must’ve worked hard for them to be gone all the time and be able to support Gee though he was an adult.

“Hey,” I said, passing Ray and Bob.
“Hey,” they mumbled as they continued playing video games.

I realized a bit too late that, as I passed the guys, I didn’t know where Mikey’s room was so I stopped in front of the stairs. My look of confusion as I spun around seemed to amuse Gerard.

“First door on your right,” he responded.
I nodded gratefully and said, “Thanks” before heading up the stairs.

I made it to Mikey’s door and knocked softly. There was no response so I opened the door and went inside.

“Gee, I told you I’m not hungry,” Mikey groaned. “I don’t want to eat and you can’t make me,” Mikey said in a thick, groggy voice.
“Actually, it’s Skyler,” I replied softly.

Mikey rolled over and his eyes were closed.

“Oh,” he said, opening his eyes and rolling over to face me. “What are you doing here?” he asked, confused.
“I uh-I just came to see if you were feeling better. And I uh-I miss you at school. It’s very lonesome without you there.” I glanced around his room.

Mikey’s room was fairly big. The walls had posters of different bands and eccentric designs. His bass was in the corner and I smiled.

“I’m glad you came,” he murmured softly.
“Me too,” I admitted. I didn’t like seeing him sick. And seeing him sick made me feel very conflicting emotions: anger and sadness and a bit frustration. “See?! I told you to wear you’re jacket! Now you’re sick!”
“I’ll be better in no time, Skeye. Besides, I’d prefer me to be sick over you,” Mikey responded sweetly.

I sighed.

“You should eat,” I decided, changing the subject so he wouldn’t notice how flushed my face felt.
“I’m not hungry,” Mikey repeated.
“I don’t care,” I said, dismissing his stubbornness, “you have to eat.”
“Skyl-,”
“Michael James Way, you are eating whether you want to or not,” I countered firmly. I had to be firm, he was being childish. Mikey’s eyes turned sad and I instantly regretted the sternness in my voice and altered it. “Mikey, the sooner you eat the sooner you’ll get better.”
“Okay, Skeye, I’ll do it for you.”

He shook his head and smiled.

“How did you know my middle name?”
I smiled, embarrassed, and said, “They handed back these projects in Chemistry, ones where you use your full name using the elements from the periodic table and, I saw yours.”
“So what’s yours?” he inquired curiously.
I blushed and said, “Halcyon.”
Mikey’s eyebrows pulled together and he asked, “What it mean?”
“Calm and pleasant,” I retorted shyly.
“So it’s Hal-sea-on?” Mikey questioned as he enunciated it.
“Yeah,” I nodded, “that’s how it’s pronounced.”
He smiled and replied, “Well that’s beautiful and unique.”
“Thank you.”

I loved being here with Mikey. But I still switched back to the previous topic.

“I’ll take good care of you, Mikey. I promise. I’ll make sure you get better.”
“Okay, Skeye, I trust you.”

I smiled and walked closer to him. His face was so cute without his glasses and with his hair all ruffled.

“Thank you for doing this,” he said timidly, in a near whisper as I found myself right next to his bedside.
“No problem,” I retorted as I ran my hand through his hair; almost smiling when I felt him shudder and nothing whatsoever from me. “Soup and crackers?” I asked curiously.
“Yum,” Mikey replied with a huge smile.
I nodded and left his room.

The feeling that came over me as I went down the stairs was one I’ve never really experienced. Anxiousness. There were butterflies flapping around in my stomach and even though I just met Mikey I felt there was more to him than a pair of glasses and a dorky smile. And if I stuck around long enough I might just find out…and end up liking him way more than I already did.

dArDeViL™
Sign up to rate and review this story