Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Corrupt Fruit

Cold Summer

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The crew, Dr. Yamashita, the dean, the Kyoto Pschology Center boss, and the principal all confront Dr. Miyazaki with Rieko's murder.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2011-01-26 - Updated: 2011-01-27 - 1165 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Twenty-Five: Cold Summer:

The next morning brought serious work. The trap was set into motion; the crew even reluctantly let Lucy and Stella help. Anna went back to Kyoto Psychology Center to draw the bait. The color just drained from Miyuki's face the other woman walked up to the front desk. Anna's smirk could make Satan himself wet his pants.

"Hello," Anna said. Miyuki tried to hide under her mask.

"Can I help you?" she asked. Anna smiled and shook her head.

"Drop the act," she said. "We both know your involvement with this mess." The tone in her voice made the receptionist’s blood run cold. Miyuki’s eyes lowered down to her hands.

"Anyway," Anna said. "I came to see you." Miyuki blinked at her.

"Me?" she asked.

"Yes," Anna said, nodding. "We need you to come with us." The trapped receptionist gave her puzzled look.

"Why?" she asked. The other woman pressed her hand against the glass as she narrowed her eyes at her.

"You're not in a position to ask any questions," her captor reminded her. Miyuki swallowed hard.

"What do you want me to do?" she asked.

"Come to KU and make a little call to Miyazaki-sensei," Anna told her. Miyuki looked bewildered.

"What?" she cried. Anna gave her the look of Satan. The receptionist lowered her head.

"Alright…" she mumbled.

"Make the call," Anna said. Miyuki had the most bewildered look on her face.

"Wait, now?" she asked in a yelp. Anna's eye seemed to glow with fire that matched her wicked smile.

"Fine, fine," Miyuki said with a sigh. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed the number. Miyuki watched nervously as Anna waited. Her heart pounded with each ring.

"Hello?" a man's voice asked.

"Hiroshi-kun?" she asked.

"What is it, you useless bitch?" the psychiatrist hissed. The receptionist pressed her lips together. She glanced up at her captor as Anna pushed her to keep talking.

"Hurry it up! I don't have all day!" Miyazaki-sensei snapped. Miyuki swallowed hard.

"Baby, we have to talk," she said.

"Can't this wait?" he asked.

"No!" Miyuki cried. She was so loud that the people in the waiting room all turned their attention over to her. Anna calmly waved them off.

“It’s okay, people,” she announced. “There’s nothing to see here.”

"Why?" Miyazaki-sensei asked over the phone. Miyuki looked up at Anna. "I don't know what to say!" the look in her eyes pleaded.

"Make something up!" the other woman mouthed with no sympathy. The receptionist's hands trembled.

"It's really important! Just meet me at the university!" Miyuki pleaded.

"Whatever," her boyfriend muttered. He hung up on her. Miyuki looked up at Anna.

"What's happens to me now?" she whimpered.

"Get a stand-in and come on," the other woman said. Miyuki swallowed hard and nodded.

Miyazaki-sensei came from the nearby café to Kyoto University. He scowled over his steaming coffee. He'd rather be back at breakfast with his new younger potential girlfriend, but that foolish Miyuki had to call him away. She said she wanted to "talk." What did she want now? Miyazaki-sensei snorted over the steam.

After this, I am giving her over to the kitsune! He found the receptionist standing out front, waiting for him.

"Hiroshi-kun!" she gasped as she stopped to catch her breath. "You're here!" The man sneered at her.

"What do you want?" he snapped. "What was so important that you had to call me from breakfast?"

"We have to talk," Miyuki said.

"About what?" he snarled. She quickly looked around before she leaned in close.

"Not here," she whispered in his ear. The therapist blinked at her.

"Where?" he whispered back.

"Follow me," his girlfriend answered with a knot in her throat. They headed into the university and she led him all the way to a small classroom. Miyazaki-sensei looked around confused.

"Uh…why are we here?" he asked. Miyuki didn't answer as she lowered her head. She flipped on the light. Miyazaki-sensei's eyes widened when he saw Yamashita-sensei, the dean, his boss, chancellor, Tsuzuki, Hisoka, Watari, Lucy, Stella, and Anna standing on the other side of the classroom.

"W-What's all this?" he asked, bewildered. The chancellor stepped forward.

"Miyazaki-sensei," he said, "Please take a seat." The therapist did so, eyes shifting.

"Okay," he said. "What is this about?" Tsuzuki stepped forward.

"We know you sent Rieko-chan to her death," he said. Hiroshi blinked before he gave off a small chuckle. The man shook his head.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," he lied. "I thought Yamashita here was working for the clan." Miyuki pressed her lips together.

"I told them everything," she murmured with her eyes to the floor. Miyazaki's charming mask began to crack.

"What?" he asked.

"They made me talk!" she wailed. "I'm so sorry!" Miyazaki-sensei's true ugly rage finally surfaced in public for the first time.

"Not as sorry as you're going to be, bitch!" he snapped. The man lounged forward to throttle her, but Stella managed to jump in the way just in time.

"Sit down, jackass!" she barked. It took a while, but Miyazaki finally calmed and sat down. He sneered at the jury.

"Yeah," he admitted at last, "So what?"

"Why?" Yamashita-sensei asked.

"Why what?" his colleague asked.

"Why did you kill her?" the old man questioned him.

"She was pregnant!" Miyazaki blurted out as he trembled with madness. "It wasn't supposed to go that far, but that silly girl couldn't take a hint! I admit that that sex with her was great, but she became too clingy. When you told me she was pregnant, I panicked. If word got out about her and me, I would have been screwed. My career, reputation— gone! I had to get rid of my mistake. Kimoto-san told me that her son was working here and…and…"

"You saw that as a way out?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yes!” Hiroshi shouted. “I just couldn't lose everything that I had worked so hard for because of some unstable girl!" Miyazaki lowered his head. Anna shook her head.

"It wasn't your baby," she said. The shriek looked up.

"What?" he asked. "B-But… Makoto you said…" Yamashita-sensei nodded.

"Yes," he admitted. "That was to scare you into breaking it off with her. I didn't say it was yours." Anna pulled out Rieko's diary and opened it.

"Pink plus sign, I didn't want this. Things were going good in my life and then I get pregnant; a price for sleeping with Masayuki-kun ten nights ago. The worst part is my boyfriend doesn't know. I don’t think I can bring myself to tell him." Anna read aloud. Miyazaki-sensei sat there pale. It all crashed before him: he killed an innocent mother and child. His boss stepped forward.

"Miyazaki Hiroshi," he announced. "You are dismissed from counseling at Kyoto University and the Kyoto Psychology Center for inappropriate conduct with a student and soliciting murder, in effect immediately!" The disgraced doctor sat there, empty.
Sign up to rate and review this story