Categories > Original > Mystery > The Great Library: Prologue

The Great Library: Chapter 6

by miatthas 0 reviews

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-30 - Updated: 2011-01-31 - 246 words

0Unrated
6
Josh asked his mom for advice. He told her the whole story. After the visit to MsIzall’s mansion, the bonds that held his mind, from talking about magic, had been severed.
“I can’t believe you treated your teachers with open hostility!” exclaimed Merry. “This is unacceptable!”
“Well you understand that for some teachers, once you harm the student-teacher relationship, it can never be repaired. Even after I stopped asking questions that went a little bit outside the curriculum, it was too late.”
“Well that’s your fault, not hers. You should send her an email tonight, and
apologize.”
“I don’t think you get,” Josh broke in, “that she wanted to kill me. She even admitted that I was a fugitive. The world wants to kill me. I’ll bet I’ll be on the news tonight—‘Josh Flint, The Enemy of the Schools.’ I need to take down the Science side. If I don’t, the world will fall into chaos.”
“Ok. I won’t stop you, but I’m not going to help either. Grownups are always right, so between Miss Sterling and me, you are wrong. Whatever you did was offensive,” Merry argued. “You’re just making up that she wanted to kill you. No teacher would do that.”
Josh knew from experience that this wasn’t the case. “Whatever.”
Merry decided to let that go. But if she had chose, she could have lectured her son for an hour straight.
Sign up to rate and review this story