Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Boys Are Like Chocolate

Bert

by MCR_Vampire_321 5 reviews

Frank goes off to find Bert.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-02-08 - Updated: 2011-02-08 - 695 words

0Unrated
Dear Diary,
So I’ve decided to go and find Bert. Maybe it was just a mistake? Maybe he never meant to ditch me? Either way, there’s no point in me waiting for Gerard is there? He’s obviously straight. And I know he doesn’t have a problem with me being gay but me telling him that I fancy him would just ruin everything. For both of us.
And it wouldn’t just be our friendship I would be ruining. It would be his new relationship. And I don’t feel like ruining his life.
So I’m on my way to the park where I last saw him. The same place I sat waiting for hours when he never turned up. I’ll write later what happens!
~ Frank
xoxo

Dear Diary,
I couldn’t believe my luck when I reached the park and Bert was already there, sitting on one of the swings. It sounds really unlikely and I’m chattering on like a girl right now but I just knew it was him as soon as I saw him. He didn’t seem to notice me at first until I opened the gate and walked inside. He finally looked up and blushed bright red.
I yelled his name and ran over to him. He didn’t move or re-act at first. He didn’t seem to recognise me. I told him I was Frank and he seemed really happy to see me suddenly. We did some awkward talking about school and the weather at first. But I couldn’t hold in my questions anymore. So I asked him why he had never shown up all those years ago…
He sighed like he didn’t want to tell me but had no choice anyway. But as he opened his mouth, I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to know or not. But I decided to listen anyway.
He said they had caught him out of school and shoved him into a different school. A much stricter school that did seem to care if he bunked off. It was just like Gerard had said. But it all sounded like excuses.
So I asked him if it was the only reason. He looked a bit guilty of something but then someone else walked into the park. But it was a girl and a pretty one too. She wasn’t the kind of girl I thought someone like Bert would go for though so I didn’t suspect a thing.
She had blonde hair with a large flower pinned into it. Her eyes were blue and big and beautiful. She was wearing a small white tee-shirt with blue shorts and blue flip-flops. Her skin was well tanned like she spent all summer on a beach.
The moment I realised what was going on was at the most obvious of moments. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek and said “Hey sexy, are we going to the movies now?”
Bert started to make up excuses to me. That everything he had said to me had been true but that I never came back while he waited… And then he had met Kelly and he had never felt that way about a girl before and it was his first chance to feel like a normal person…
Kelly just stood there checking out her nails, clearly not caring. I wanted to punch her in the face. I mean, how dare she take away my boyfriend! And to top it off, she couldn’t care less. Even though Bert was talking about her in a bit of a standoffish way now.
Finally I just snorted and told him I felt sorry for him because Kelly was ugly. She didn’t seem to care that I called her ugly either. She didn’t care about a lot.
I stormed away from, hoping Bert would call my name and make me come back. He’d apologise, dump Kelly and he’d be a better boyfriend. But he didn’t. And I also think I heard him laugh which is just not cool!
~ Frank
xoxo
P.S. But now what?
Sign up to rate and review this story