Categories > Anime/Manga > Vampire Knight > Darkness, Bloodshed, and Vampires

Part 1

by Zexion_Number_VI 2 reviews

Boy/boy. No likie, don't read. What if Zero Kiryuu got hooked on a different type of drug? A drug that goes by Kaname Kuran, elite pureblood? *WARNING: DOES GET A BIT STRANGE AND OOC. YOU HAVE...

Category: Vampire Knight - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2011-02-04 - Updated: 2011-02-09 - 3094 words - Complete

2Exciting
No one else knows me better than Yuuki Cross. I loved her more than anything in this moster-filled world. She had gone with Kaname Kura as to protect someone. However, she was the one who needed protection. That damned pureblood took her. Everyday, I called or text messaged her, leaving me to sit in my room, staring at the phone. Every time it rang, I jumped with a smile. It was never her, though. Not once did she text me back or return my calls or ever email me. And here I thought she'd always stand beside me...

~~~

"Kiryuu!" my algebra teached shouted.

My head shot up from the desk and I looked at him sleepily.

"Yeah?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Care to work the problem on the board?" he snapped.

I looked at the equation and chuckled.

"I don't need to," I grinned slyly. "The x is infinite, therefore there is no answer."

The professor looked at his book and said, "That's right..." with a startled expression.

I smiled and the class was ver. Man, I missed the academy, but I agreed to attend at least four years at a nearby university. Luckily, I was in my final year and acing all of the courses. Over that period of time, I had taken two classes every year. So far, I'd taken law, arithmatic, world history, business, some sort of literature class, political studies, psychology, and film studies. This year was arithmatic and psychology. Then, I was going to go back and work at Cross Academy. I planned to be a fulltime guardian so that vampires could return to the academy. I had just learned to deal with them. It didn't mean I liked them. Hell, I still hated myself, but it's not like that mattered.

"Kiryuu," someone said from behind me. I knew the voice. It was too familiar. "Nice work. No one suspects you're a bloodthirsty Level E."

I growled, turned, and punched him. He fell to the ground with an echoing thud.

"Akatsuki Kain," I snarled. "I should've known Kuran would send a peon. An elite, nonetheless."

I smirked as he stood. I shouldered my bag and continued to my room. There stood Kain's cousin, Hanabusa Aidou. He was in front of the door.

"Yet another game piece," I grinned.

"Zero, please," Aidou pleaded. "There's going to be a war! We need you on our side helping!"

"Not interested," I stated as I pushed past him into my room.

My heart stopped in unison with my tracks. Slowly, my eyes narrowed into a glare as I dropped my bag.

"Kuran," I growled.

"Hello, Kiryuu," Kaname smirked.

Who the hell did he think he was? He came into my room, went through my things, and sat on my bed. I knew an asshole when I saw one, and there was one right in front of me.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" I demanded harshly.

"Just coming to visit an old friend," Kaname sneered. "Are you not happy to see me?"

I faked a laugh, but I kept glaring. I hated that goddamned vampire. I hated him with a fucking passion.

"Tell me the real reason that you're here," I snapped

"Yuuki and I are in danger," Kuran replied. "She's staying at the academy, but I am not quite allowed back just yet."

"And you want to stay here..." I scoffed and rubbed my eyes as I placed my free hand on my hip.

"Hanabusa, Aidou," Kaname stated, apparently rising from the bed. "Leave us. I must have a word with Kiryuu alone."

The door closed and I suddenly felt cold hands run up the front of me, under my shirt, and a warm body behind me. I let my arms drop and my eyes widened as the brunette pureblood ran his tongue along my neck.

"K-Kuran," I stuttered. "What a-are you d-doing?"

He shushed me and nuzzled into my shoulder. I gasped as I felt his fangs pierced my flesh. Though, he didn't drink, he just did it to get my attention...

"Save me, Zero," he whispered directly in my ear.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and he was doing the same. His big brown eyes...they suduced me....He turned me around, keeping his cold palms rested on my pale skin, and stared into my silver eyes. All of a sudden, he shoved his neck in my face after brushing his hair out of the way.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"You cannot become a Level E," Kaname replied quietly. "Not just yet. I have a few questions I need answered..."

"What are those questions?" I wondered, struggling trying to keep myself from biting him.

"I will answer that all in good time, my friend..." Kaname whispered in that same goddamn tone.

Goddamn you, Kaname....Slowly, I grasped his upper arms and then licked what would be his pulsing vein. Once I had a slight taste of him, I bit down. The warm liquid slid gently down my throat and his cold hands grasped my waist. Then, he began unbuttoning my shirt, but as I was about to stop feeding, he pushed my head back down and resumed removing my shirt. He replaced his hands on my waist and squeezed lightly. Finally, I managed to stop without him pushing me back down.

"What exactly are you getting at here, Kuran?" I asked shakily.

"I, honestly, am not even sure..." he replied, truth swimming in his eyes.

I kind of wiggled away from him and grabbed my black T-shirt, wiping the blood off of my face. Then, I threw off my button-up and laid down on the bed, closing my eyes and placing my arms on the pillows along with my head. Then, I could feel him crawl on top of me and pin down one of my hands by intertwining his fingers with mine. I opened my eyes immediately and saw him shirtless as well. What the fuck was going on? I was in love with Yuuki! And here I was, practically in bed with the man she was in love with! Man...I really fucked this one up...

"Kuran..." I gasped.

He just shushed me again and began lowering his head. He placed his free hand on the part of the bed directly to the left of my stomach and started kissing my chest. He would lick or nip me every now and then, but I finally gave in....I was letting him do with me what he pleased, but I wasn't really sure why...

"What are we doing?" I wondered quietly.

"What should have happened years ago..." Kuran replied just as softly.

He ran his lip from my chest, up my neck, and to the corner of my mouth, where he started kissing again. I just got annoyed, wriggled my hand free of his, turned him over, and forced my lips to his aggressively. Then, I plunged my tongue inside his mouth violently and he sat up to keep me from arching my back. He rested on his elbows while I cupped my hands on each side of his neck. Both mine and his fangs started sliding out, so we chuckled through the lip-lock. I couldn't understand what I was doing, but at that point, all I cared about was keeping that pureblood to myself. Then, my room phone, not my cell phone, began ringing. I went to answer it, but Kaname pulled me back down. I straightened out my body a little on top of his, one of my legs between the both of his.

"You've reached Zero Kiryuu's room," the answering machine picked up. "You know what to do."

The machine beeped and the person began in a rather familiar female voice.

"Zero?" she asked. "Are you there? It's Yori."

I sat up and rushed over to answer the phone.

"What's wrong, Yori?" I demanded.

Kaname stood up and strode over to me, going around behind me and kissing my neck. I smiled a little.

"There's something wrong with Yuuki," she said shakily. "She came back to the academy and she seems sickly..."

"Put her on the phone," I stated, trying not to laugh as Kuran nibbled at my ear. "Now, Yori!"

Quickly, I switched it to speaker and set the phone down.

"Zero?" a fragile voice asked.

"Yuuki?" I wondered softly and Kaname was instantly serious.

"Hi Zero," she breathed.

"What's wrong, Yuuki?" I demanded.

"I need to...you know what desprately..." she said wispily. "Kaname was the one helping me with that and now we're in separate places."

"I am right here, sweetie," Kaname said. "I am with Kiryuu-kun right now..."

"Kaname," she gasped. "I can't stand it! I can't down the tablets!"

"Have Kaien help," Kaname stated. Headmaster Cross? "Have him let you feed. Hang up and have Yori take you there now!"

"Okay, Kaname-sama..." she sighed. "Goodbye, you two."

"Bye," I said.

"I will see you soon, dear Yuuki," Kaname said.

Then, the line went dead, so I hung it up and sighed, hanging my head. Then, all of a sudden, Kaname picked me up from behind and threw me on the bed, crawling on top of me quickly. He pressed his lips against my shoulder blade as his cold hands grasped my waist again.

"Kaname," I said quietly. "We shouldn't be doing this....Not me and you..."

"What does it matter?" Kaname asked gently.

"Yuuki..." I replied.

"Well she...is not here, Zero," Kaname stated.

He sat up, allowing me to get out from under him and hug my knees to my chest. He crossed his legs and smiled. Vaguely, but he definitely smiled.

"Listen," I sighed. "I'm in love with Yuuki. This is almost...illegal."

"I love Yuuki too," Kaname said, resting his hand on my arm. "But it has come to be that I have feelings for you as well..."

"Why do you talk like that?" I asked him seriously.

"Like what?" he wondered with an astonished expression.

"So.../proper/..." I responded. "You said that when Yuuki talked like that, you felt lonely. That's just about how I feel right now. Everyone I know talks with...informaility..."

"Well, I am dearly sorry," Kaname gasped.

"See," I squeaked. "There you go again!"

Kaname shrugged. Then, I pounced on him. He looked into my eyes, startled. I had both of his wrists pinned down and my nose almost touching his. I narrowed my eyes at him, though his stayed wide.

"I will break you of that habit, Kaname Kuran," I stated firmly. "Even if it takes my every breath..."

He also narrowed his eyes with a smile and rolled over to where he had one of his large hands wrapped around both of my wrists.

"And I will make you admit you have feelings for me," he smiled. "If it takes the last drop of my blood."

I laughed an spun him over. We spent about five minutes fighting over dominance, but I won. I was sitting on top of him and he was, yet again, balanced on his elbows. I held down his arms and pressed my mouth to his shoulder. He got one arm free and rested his hand on my lower back. I ran my lips from his shoulder, up his neck, and pressed them against his slowly. I went from hating his fucking guts to never wanting him to leave my side. My hopes were that every time I would feed off of him, this would replay in my head. This one moment, where I started falling for him.

Suddenly, someone started pounding on the door and, as I sat up to crawl off of the pureblood, they barged in. It was Aidou and Kain. Kaname tilted his head back to look. By that time, I was walking past them and down to the washroom. Stupid goddamn elites. I stood in front of a mirror, grasping either side of the sink. I stared at myself. I had blood all over me still.

"I'm a monster..." I sighed, hanging my head in shame.

Then, I noticed my towel hanging beside me. I must have forgotten ut that morning. So, I went and started one of the showers. I stepped in, hung the towel on the door, and undressed. I just....I had to get the blood off. The warm water wasn't too bad either...

"Zero?" Kaname asked from right outside the shower stall.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Hanabusa and Akatsuki say they have found somewhere else for me to hide, if you do not want me here," he said.

My heart stopped. He couldn't be serious.

"No fucking way," I snapped. "You're staying with me, Kuran. It's the only way to stay in contact with Yuuki."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Am I fucking sure?" I scoffed. "Of course I'm sure!"

He chuckled and left. I shook my head, turned the water off, and wrapped the towel around my waist. I grabbed my clothes and went back to my room. Kaname, who was still shirtless, was laying on the bed, upside down with his head hanging off and he was reading a manga.

"Enjoying that?" I wondered with a grin.

"Yes," he smiled, looking at me.

"Which one is it?" I tried to look at the cover.

"The Record of a Fallen Vampire, I believe," Kaname replied.

"Akabara Strauss is the king?" I asked as I dressed myself.

"I believe so," he replied, flipping through the pages. "Yes."

I nodded and then went over and plopped down beside him. I sighed and closed my eyes. Then, my cell phone began ringing. I jumped and went to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Zero!" Aidou exclaimed. "Listen closely! We managed to get into the academy to see Yuuki and there's something wrong with her! You and Kaname-sama need to come now!"

"O-okay," I stuttered. "We'll be there as soon as we can."

I shut the phone and turned to Kaname.

"What's going on?" he wondered.

"Get your shoes and shirt on," I commanded as I put on another one of my button-ups and slipped on my Converse. "We're going to Cross Academy."

He nodded and immediately dressed. I put on my jacket, grabbed my phone and my key, and Kaname and I ran out to the nearest bus stop.

"Goddamn it!" I growled as I watched the bus pulling around the corner.

"We can run faster than we can wait for the next bus," Kaname stated. "Come on."

He took my hand and we ran down the middle of the road. He was right. We beat the bus to the academy. So, we managed to do as Kain and Aidou did and made our way to Headmaster Cross's room. He wouldn't be to happy to see me or Kaname, but we had to see Yuuki. I opened the door and, sure enough, there was Yuuki sitting in the corner limply.

"Kaien," Kaname began as he walked to Headmaster Cross. "What has happened here?"

As the headmaster explained it to Kaname, I completely blocked everything out around me and went over, kneeling beside the brunette girl. Well, it's more like I feel to my knees beside her. She lifted her head and smiled at me.

"You came..." she said wispily.

I nodded and looked at her closely before wrapping her in my arms. I felt so guilty. I had been with Kuran only five minutes ago.

"What's wrong, Yuuki?" I demanded softly.

"I couldn't feed off of Dad," she sniffled.

Then, I had an idea. I pulled away and nipped my wrist then put it in her face. She smelled it and her eyes turned that deadly red. She looked at me, sorrow in her eyes, but I just smiled and pushed it on her. She took my arm gently and bit into it. I gasped. It was only then that I realised she would taste that I was in love with her, but that I also had some kind of feelings for the one she was in love with. I was fucked...

She pulled away, her eyes wide, and said, "You weren't lying when you said you could taste when someone was in love with another..."

"I know..." I sighed. "But, you couldn't die because-"

"You love me..." she interrupted.

"I thought you knew..." I said, standing up and sliding down my sleeve.

I helped her to her feet and then she said, "I did. I just didn't know you had feelings for Kaname..."

"What?" Kaname asked, walked over to us.

I winced and then turned to him.

"You wanted me to admit it, and I admit it now..." I stated, looking down. "In the past hour, I have gone from wanting to blow your fucking brains out to wanting you with me at all times..."

"I knew it..." Kaname scoffed.

I looked up and he was smiling. He put his hands on each side of my jaw and, to my horror, he began moving closer. His lips made contact with mine and I closed my eyes, falling limp in his arms. Yuuki just gasped. Kaname let me go and I hung my head, covering my mouth while he balanced his elbow atop the arm that crossed his chest, touching his first and middle fingers to his lips.

"What is going on?" Headmaster Cross demanded.

"I honestly..." Kaname quickly made a gesture with his hand and placed it back, "...have no idea..."

I just shrugged and felt that I was being swallowed by darkness as Yuuki stared me down. Only then did I realise that I was being swallowed by darkness....I fell and Kaname and Yuuki tried to catch my hands, but neither of them succeeded....I just kept falling...I couldn't stop. Then, finally, I hit the hard ground, and I laid flat on my back. I rolled over, my eyes still clenched shut, and stood up slowly. Next, I opened my eyes and everything was chaos. There were gargoyles flying overhead and fallen angels walking about the streets.

"Where the fuck am I?" I asked under my breath, glancing around.

The sky was black and red with fire blazing every direction I looked. The buildings were destroyed and black smoke clung to the air around me. Then, I saw two guys, with hoods and masks hiding their identity, walking at me at a rather fast pace. They grabbed my arms and started dragging me off toward the castle at the edge of the fiery town. What. The. Fuck?...
Sign up to rate and review this story