Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Close Calls

by AshTheDeathBat 3 reviews

Gerard loses his cool.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-02-20 - Updated: 2011-02-21 - 1278 words

2Exciting
Sorry it took so long to get this out. The internet for my laptop has been down, which is were I do all my editing and revamping.
And school and work have been killing me lately.
In the downtime, I cut off pretty much all my hair. Woo buddy.
But here it is. Feedback would be awesome. Thanks :)
(Blows kisses and twirls like a ballerina.)


“When can we go home?” I asked Gerard as we sat on the couch in our apartment. It was nearly February and we hadn’t seen any of our friends in almost a month. I missed them.

“When Frankie or someone tells us that they haven’t seen Cole or Nelly for a while.” Gerard answered me, not turning away from the television we’d both blankly been staring at.

“They’re not stupid, Gerard!” I yelled, shocked by the anger in my voice. “One of them is going to stay there while the other comes here to find us. They’re most likely trapping us.”

“I am trying to do what’s best for you!” He sharply turned his head towards me. “I am hungry, Hazel. I haven’t fed in weeks. It would not be wise to piss me off, Hazel Michelle.”

I recoiled at the harshness in his voice and his darkening eyes, but didn’t let my anger go. “I think we should just go back. Because they are just going to end up catching me anyway. You aren’t even prepared for anything if they do attack! You’re being stupid!”

He lunged at me before I had time to blink. We knocked over the recliner and were sprawled onto the floor. He growled and pulled both of us to our feet, slamming me against the wall. He lifted me off the ground by my upper arms.

“I could sink my fangs into you right now.” He grumbled, “I could rip you in half. I could make you wish you’d never been born.” His dark eyes burned into my light ones. I did my best not to look away from him. “I could be just like Cole. I could be worse.”

I winced as he quickly let his grasp go of one of my arms and moved it to my neck.

“Gerard.” I couldn’t get my voice to go above a whisper.

“Your blood.” He said, letting go of my neck and pulling the bags out of my pocket and dropping them to the floor. “I want a taste. I want it all. Just a taste. That wouldn’t hurt.” He smelled my neck deeply, I squeezed my eyes shut tight. “You want to be a vampire, don’t you?” He licked my neck, causing a shiver to go down my spine and making my whole body twitch.

“Gerard, please. Don’t do this.” I whimpered, opening my eyes. I forced myself to look into his. “Gee…”

His eyes faded from dark to hazel quickly. He dropped me to the ground. I quickly shoved the bags back into my pockets. I looked up at him, he was staring down at me. A hurt looking emotion made it’s way onto his face.

“Hazel.” He breathed, like he’d just been punched in the stomach. He looked down at his hands. They were shaking. “H-Hazel, please forgive me.” He swallowed hard. “I didn’t mean to. I didn’t mean any of it.”

“I-I” I tried to get words to overcome the shocked feeling that was pulsing through me. “I forgive you.” My voice sounded like a little girl, afraid of her father.

“Thank you.” He yanked me up off the floor and pulled me into a hug.

“You,” I started, stepping back from him. “Need to go feed. Go, right now.”

The corners of his mouth twitched to a frown for a brief second. “Okay.” He kissed me on the forehead. “Stay in here, okay?”

I nodded. He turned around and walked out of the apartment.

I sighed and sat down on the couch. Dating a vampire was so stressful.

Gerard burst back through the door about a minute later. He slammed it shut and locked it. Panic was visible all over his body.

“Gerard!” I sprang up off the couch and hurried over to him. I pushed a strand of his long hair out of his face. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“Hide!” He exclaimed.

“What?” I gave him a confused look. He grabbed my wrist and rushed me over to the coat closet.

“Cole was just trying to get in through the back window.” He pushed me into the closet. Do you have the bags with you?

I gave a quick nod, touching the bags in my jeans pocket.

“Stay here. Stay quiet.”

He shut the door. I was left in the dark.

A loud crash made it sound like the front door was being ripped off it’s hinges.

“Where is she, Gerard?”

I shivered at the sound of Cole’s voice.

“She’s gone.” Gerard told him, quietly.

“Gone?” Disbelief went through Cole’s voice.

“Yes.” Gerard’s voice cracked. “I hadn’t fed in weeks. I just couldn’t control myself. She’s gone.” He paused. He sounded so believable. “I feel so empty, so dead.”

“So, you wouldn’t mind if I looked around?” Cole still sounded as though he didn’t believe Gerard.

“Not at all.”

I pushed myself back into the coats and other junk that was in the small closet. I leaned against the wall and held my breath.

The door flew open, I shut my eyes.

A few seconds of silence went by, before Cole spoke. “Can’t believe you actually,” his tone changed from sorrow, to outraged, “tried to hide her from me!” His hand grabbed my leg.

I let out a shrill cry as I fell on my back and was pulled out of the closet.

“No!” Gerard lunged at my arms.

I was now a game of Tug-of-War. My spine felt like it was going to be snapped in half. My body, ached like it would be ripped in two.

“Please! Don’t take her! She’s all I’ve got!” He screamed, begging Cole.

Cole stopped pulling on my legs and dropped them, as if he were shocked. “She’s all you have?”

Gerard helped me to my feet and forced me behind him. I gripped his icy hand.

“All you have?” His eyes were full of fury. “You have your brother. You have your friends. Without Kat, I had nothing.”

“You have Nelly now!” Gerard yelled, sounding close to hysterics. “Leave us alone!”

“This is my revenge!” Cole bellowed. “Either you hand her over without a fight, right now, or I’ll make your lives a living hell.”

“What’s the difference from now and then?” Gerard spat at him. Cole took a step closer to us. I took a step back.

“You asked for it, Way.” He growled. “If you do not hand her over right now, I will do something so unthinkable, you won’t even know what hit you.”

“Do your worst. We’ll be waiting.” Gerard said, a deep rumbling noise came from his chest.

Cole took one final glance at Gerard. He narrowed his eyes, then glided them to me and lingered. Gerard pulled me so that I was completely against him and hissed. Without anything else, Cole turned and walked out our now broken door.

“Gerard,” I squeaked, “what’s going to happen?”

He turned and pulled me into a hug. “I don’t know. I do know, that I’m keeping you safe.”
Sign up to rate and review this story